Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: pegs for busa  (Read 8011 times)

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
pegs for busa
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
I hate the pegs on my new 07  .Would like to change out with some gsxr style pegs . Ive heard the buell firebolt pegs will fit . Can anyone confirm?
Im not looking to raise or lower the peg .
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: pegs for busa
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 04:27:15 AM »
yes, thats what im looking for .

Offline busabill1397

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2007, 08:47:08 AM »
+1 Thank's  :thumb:

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 01:06:13 AM »
Nice will there be enough storage room for a 4-2-1 yoshi exhaust?If yes how much is it?who is selling first or second hand?Please help thanks :D

Offline RodeRash

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 08:20:02 AM »
Foot pegs from a Suzuki TL-1000R bolt right on.    They give you an extra 10-12 mm of legroom and they get rid of that ugly and heavy weight on the bottom.    They also match the passenger pegs perfectly.
I didn't seem to notice any additional vibration.   The entire foot peg assembly is already rubber mounted.

Offline mercenary

• Restricted
  • Rider
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 10:40:48 AM »
Foot pegs from a Suzuki TL-1000R bolt right on.    They give you an extra 10-12 mm of legroom and they get rid of that ugly and heavy weight on the bottom.    They also match the passenger pegs perfectly.
I didn't seem to notice any additional vibration.   The entire foot peg assembly is already rubber mounted.

Nice and upz fpr your pic :thumb: :D

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 05:00:48 PM »
i ended up with Buell Firebolt pegs . Not the kind that lower your feet.  There working well .I had to have a machinist freind make some bushings and a little work with the file  to get a good fit though.

Offline mike04busa

• Rider
  • I need a beer
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 09:00:44 PM »
The TL pegs are nice,I just got-em from another fourm and put them on.I have not ridden with them yet but there a little more roomy.It takes about 3min. to change them. Make sure to get the sleeves with them also if this is the route you take.If you don't get the sleeves the hole in the peg is too large.
Finally got a gen 2🎉

Offline EtrnlSoldier

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 02:08:59 AM »
Rearsets.  Preferably Gilles.
"Straights are for fast bikes.  Turns are for fast riders."

Me.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »
put the pegs from my old 96 gsxr 750 on the busa, fit perfect feel great and lower your feet. Best thing is it reminds me of the days on the 750 before it got dead.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline GSXcite

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2008, 07:23:07 PM »
The TL pegs are nice,I just got-em from another fourm and put them on.I have not ridden with them yet but there a little more roomy.It takes about 3min. to change them. Make sure to get the sleeves with them also if this is the route you take.If you don't get the sleeves the hole in the peg is too large.

If you need bushings you can get GM door bushings at your lical auto parts store . They fit perfect!
05 red/black

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 12:30:20 PM »
put the pegs from my old 96 gsxr 750 on the busa, fit perfect feel great and lower your feet. Best thing is it reminds me of the days on the 750 before it got dead.

I did the same. Just get a set of 750 pegs, and they'll bolt right up. Cheap too.  :thumb:
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6