Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Danno update  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« on: November 30, 2002, 08:56:00 PM »
OK I visited Dan at Kaiser Baldwin Park Tuesday.
I remember the song that was playing on the radio right when I arrived at the hospital: Black Sabbath's "Iron Man". Yeah that's appropriate!

I posted some info in the "Details of Danno's mishap" thread, and I'll continue here.

As of Tuesday he was being given Demerol and a blood-thinning agent (to avoid blood clots). He has 4 incisions and a 12" titanium rod in his left leg. At the topmost incision the doctors tried to install screws into the rod, however, Dan's muscles spasms were unscrewing it! So they had to start over a little lower! Also his hands were hurting. It was thought at that time his right wrist was broken however it turned out only to be badly bruised. Unfortunately when I greeted Dan I stupidly absentmindedly gave him a nice strong handshake!    Dude, sorry! I kept saying!    
  I had brought Dan some clothing and started taking notes so I could start some research (where his bike was, police report, etc). I checked out his helmet which was rather undamaged except for one small gouge where it hit pavement.
  Wednesday was Thanksgiving and Dan was hoping to be released (he was even planning on driving his car to Vegas for family events!). However he wasn't able to urinate and his pain increased. So Kaiser wouldn't release him and started him on a more powerful painkiller, Dilaudid.
"Conan, what is best in life?
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2002, 09:18:00 PM »
Thursday: Dan is still in pain but the Dilaudid is working good. He told me "This is the first time since the accident I've felt no pain". Thursday was also the first time since Sunday Dan was able to, uh, go #2. I just talked to him and of course Dan still has kept a sense of humor by joking about this, saying he "probably dropped about 10 pounds!"      

Friday: I was able to get some info from the West Valley division LAPD, including the report # and the location of Dan's bike. I called the tow yard and I relayed to Dan the steps necesary to get it released. I pinged Seb.
To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2002, 09:22:00 PM »
Dan's current location:

Santa Teresita Hospital
819 Buena Vista St
Duarte, CA 91010

phone: 626-932-3457
when girl answers say "Room 217 Bed 2 please"

Give Danno a call! Ask him how big his nuts are currently!    

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 09:58:00 PM »
Saturday: Dan's insurance company, in a cost-cutting measure, made the decision to move Danno from Kaiser Baldwin Park to Santa Teresita in Duarte. See address above. It rather sucks as Dan reports: the bed doesn't work, the TV doesn't work, the heater is stuck (on heat!), even the food is bad!    And they took his IV out, so he has to take Dilaudin orally...which is a drag, as it's not as effective now. Hopefully we're lookin' at a Monday release...it can't be too soon for Dan, so go give him a call! Whatcha waitin' for?      

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2002, 07:53:00 AM »
I think it sucks that nobody has visited Dan at the Duarte hospital. And that nobody has called yesterday!

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
Danno update
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2002, 11:14:00 PM »
Talked to Danno today. He is supposed to get out of the hospital this afternoon. Man, Danno went through some shit. He described the accident and the way his leg was broken. He said if it wasnt for his leathers, he leg may have been cut off.......................Danno sounds in good spirits. He says he is going to try to go back to work in a couple of days. He has a desk job....................if he does that he is a better man than I am...........geeze......Danno said his Mother lives in Vegas and may come up in a couple of weeks...........I'll buy the beer...............!! God speed your recovery Danno.....................!! He also said that MotorHead and Busarodz and other members from here and LA Busas have called him and he is grateful...................
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline GSXRN99

• Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2002, 11:25:00 PM »
MORPHINE TAKES THE PAIN AWAY
DEMEROL TAKES THE BED AWAY
DILAUDID TAKES THE WORLD AWAY
RODZ YOUR GOING TO GIVE UP YOUR HANDLE.
BRING DAN A LAP TOP.

DANNO STOP FUCKING AROUND AND GET YER AZZ OUT OF THERE. ITS A BAD PLACE. GET OUT OF THERE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE BOTH KIDNEYS.

MY MONIES ARE STILL ON DANNO

Offline NICKSLICK

• Mad Post Whore
    • http://www.websitemonster.com/nico/movies
Danno update
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2002, 12:40:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by GSXRN99:
MORPHINE TAKES THE PAIN AWAY
DEMEROL TAKES THE BED AWAY
DILAUDID TAKES THE WORLD AWAY
RODZ YOUR GOING TO GIVE UP YOUR HANDLE.
BRING DAN A LAP TOP.

DANNO STOP FUCKING AROUND AND GET YER AZZ OUT OF THERE. ITS A BAD PLACE. GET OUT OF THERE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE BOTH KIDNEYS.

MY MONIES ARE STILL ON DANNO

MY ANIMATED GIRLY GIF IS BETTER THAN YOURS PUNK. (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE)

rat

Danno update
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2002, 01:02:00 PM »
Did he break his femur bone?thats from the knee to the hip.I have A titanium rod in my right leg also from A semi crash.I hope the ins comp is paying for physical therapy.If it was other guys fault tell him not to speak to anyone from EITHER ins comp. till he speaks with A injury Attorney.Dont try to deal with either ins company on his own.They will try for A recorded statment.Evrything will prob end up in court.Hope for A speedy recovery.

Offline Gixx1300R

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2002, 03:18:00 PM »
I just spoke to Danno,He said he would greatly appreciate it if someone could come and give him a ride home tomorrow. He is supposed to be released at 11:00 am.
War is nothing more than Old Men talking while Young men die

Offline Doc

• Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2002, 01:27:00 AM »
VEGASDUDE:

If Danno makes a run to Vegas, please let me know.  I would love to greet him too and buy the second round!  I rode with Danno in LA and would really like to hook up/help out if possible.

Thanks,

Doc

quote:
Originally posted by VegasDude:
Talked to Danno today. He is supposed to get out of the hospital this afternoon. Man, Danno went through some shit. He described the accident and the way his leg was broken. He said if it wasnt for his leathers, he leg may have been cut off.......................Danno sounds in good spirits. He says he is going to try to go back to work in a couple of days. He has a desk job....................if he does that he is a better man than I am...........geeze......Danno said his Mother lives in Vegas and may come up in a couple of weeks...........I'll buy the beer...............!! God speed your recovery Danno.....................!! He also said that MotorHead and Busarodz and other members from here and LA Busas have called him and he is grateful...................

Offline Busarodz

• Mad Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2002, 03:38:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by Gixx1300R:
I just spoke to Danno,He said he would greatly appreciate it if someone could come and give him a ride home tomorrow. He is supposed to be released at 11:00 am.

I'm on that already. I'm gonna drive him around to get meds, his driver's license (still at Northridge) and... if we can get a couple more able-bodied dudes to help lift Danno's Busa into his trailer tomorrow in the afternoon...it's in Canoga Park....

Offline epstein

• Rider
Danno update
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2002, 04:09:00 AM »
Demerol is a very strong pain killer, Coumadin (warfarin) is a very good blood thinner

Offline Steve A

• Universal Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2002, 11:14:00 PM »
Also a very good vermin  exterminator.  (Rodent)  

Offline GSXRN99

• Post Whore
Danno update
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2002, 11:31:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Steve A:
Also a very good vermin  exterminator.  (Rodent)