Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: worlds fastest street legal motorcycle--350mph busa powered missle  (Read 4790 times)

Offline raceman

• Rider
  • Where am I?
 this thing is just too wicked for words,coast to coast in one day!
http://www.thebikergene.com/custom-bikes/bugatti-veyron-forced-to-eat-acabion-gtbos-dust/#more-37

Offline ironhead

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
Re: worlds fastest street legal motorcycle--350mph busa powered missle
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:44:13 PM »
I don't believe those speeds have been verified right? It's easy to say that it's capable but on paper and actually pulling that off are 2 very different things. Pretty neat though. I would like to see the results of someone running one on the salt. :thumb:
RIP DaveO. You will be missed.
212mph at maxton thanks to DaveO and busa200
03 Black/Silver

Offline raceman

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 10:27:38 PM »
l doubt we`ll see one run on salt but you never know. Regarding the claims of speed l believe road testing has been done to the extent that it`s potential is verified. number crunching and wind tunnel work is high science with a bit of the black arts thrown in but we all know aero drag is what utimately limits top speed in high horsepower vehicles. This land missle has what it takes to slice the air so efficiently that nothing else even comes close,can you just imagine CRUISING at 250mph ? and having another 100mph potential left? damn,l want one :D

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 11:15:11 PM »
l doubt we`ll see one run on salt but you never know. Regarding the claims of speed l believe road testing has been done to the extent that it`s potential is verified. number crunching and wind tunnel work is high science with a bit of the black arts thrown in but we all know aero drag is what utimately limits top speed in high horsepower vehicles. This land missle has what it takes to slice the air so efficiently that nothing else even comes close,can you just imagine CRUISING at 250mph ? and having another 100mph potential left? damn,l want one :D

He should race the Dodge Tomahawk.... :rfl:
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
I want to know how they justify the price.
Intercooled MCXpress 58/12 twin entry power

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 12:16:49 AM »
I second Yag.
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard, DaveO, Rick

Offline kickstart

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:01:27 AM »
Hi

Quick bit of working out. It would require 328 lbs of thrust with a cda figure of 1 to do 350mph (and for comparison a stock busa has a cda figure of about 3.37). This is using a figure of 0.0801 for the density of air (will be quite a bit lower at high altitude and high temperature, hence at Bonneville and the like you need less power to do the same speed, but these same factors will also reduce the likely power the engine is producing). That cda figure might be achieveable, and assuming the same frontal area as a 'busa that would mean a cd figure of 0.16, compared to maybe 0.1 for a full on streamliner.

Looks like it is using a 17" wheel, and claimed peak power is 354hp @9300rpm, so 200 ft lbs of torque at that rpm. If we assume max speed is at those revs and assume a 190/50 17 rear tyre then we can calculate the gearing. At 342mph the rear tyre needs to turn at 4695 rpm, giving the overall gearing as 1.98 (compared to 3.919 for a stock busa, which is a lot slower but producing power at higher rpm).

From that as thrust at the rear wheel is torque * gearing / driving radius (in feet) we can work out that thrust = 200 * 1.98 / 1.02. So the bike is producing 388 lbs of thrust at 342mph.

Means there figures do work out if the shape is VERY slippery.

All the best

Keith

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:14 PM »

He should race the Dodge Tomahawk.... :rfl:

I was going to say the same thing.  That pig never lived up to the hype (did it?)   Still a neat looking toy, although overpriced by a factor of AT LEAST 10. 
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile