Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Maxton April 2008  (Read 17223 times)

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Maxton April 2008
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 09:04:39 PM »
hmmmm.... so, I know I could take 18 different measurements on ride height rake/trail and not have a flipping clue what to do with them.
Do you have any more of a clue then me other then just trying to mimic OEM and not getting too far off kilter?
I get the concept on what one should be trying to achieve with CP & CG I'm just not sure how to make the changes to achieve it
other then trial & error. (Picture me stabbing a big stick through the bike & trying to balance it!  :lol: )

Deb

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »
I never measured stock. 

Trial & error. 

If you almost crash, it's no good.

If you break a record, its good.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard, DaveO, Rick

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 08:41:03 AM »

:lol:

Ok, Now you're going to make me go contact the nerds for details!!!!
Have you picked any brains on this one or are you just completely winging it?

Deb

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »
I have talked to people.  But I pretty much ignored everyone in the end, so I am just winging it.

Until that doesn't work, then I will get scientific.

W
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
244 mph at Maxton

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
Gotta love your candor Walt!  :shock:

BTW, meant to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting the couple you brought down with you. They were really great & I hope they come back. Please make sure you tell her that I say totally kick a$$ speed for her first run!!!!
They were so much fun to have around with the enthusiasm and pure enjoyment of just being there! I really hope they become regulars!  :thumb:

Deb

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2008, 04:09:33 PM »
Wow, they said the same things about you!! :D

I feel exactly the same way you do, Deb.  That's why when I found out there were only going to be 2 runs, I got out of my suit and gave my ride to Mike, so that Ava could go.  I would have really felt bad if I got to ride and one of them didn't.  I go down there all the time, and this was their first time, and I want them to come back.  They are a real hoot to take a road trip with!

I kinda felt like I was casting the bait out there, setting the hook, and reeling them in. 

Mike is an ex-roadracer with a current license, so his performance was to be expected - smooth, perfect shifts a second after banging the limiter, good tuck, good launch, etc....(and it's only his first time on the track!)

Ava has only been riding for a little over a year, and she did great.  What we all liked was that she rode within her comfort level and felt safe.  You should have seen the smile on her face when she pulled into the pits.  She was kind of down on herself that she should have gone faster, but I told her it's all about being safe too.

Good times.  Pushrod Tom kept calling them "The Kids"

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
244 mph at Maxton

Offline brmrc51

• Rider
  • DUMP PIPES SAVE LIVES !
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »
and a fast one at that !! :thumb:

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2008, 05:58:08 PM »
Oh yeah & pushrod Tom too!!! He SMOKED that record!!!!
You know, that's a class I was going to run on with my blast so I know how hard
it is to gain on those records!!! He did an awesome job too!  :thumb:

I can't wait for Racheal (Warp 12 Racing) and Ava to meet too! Us gals are going to
have a lot of fun this year! You tell Ava I was racing at that track for several years
before I ever broke 100mph and she did it on her first pass on a naked bike! I know
she's young & figured she didn't have a lot of road time so I sincerely mean it when I
said that I was impressed! Her smiles before the run were great, I can only imagine how
great it was afterwards!  :D  It's just so much fun bringing new people in & watching
the joy & accomplishment! That right there is the good stuff!  :wink:

Deb

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »
You are right Deb that is what it is all about.

I told Ava she had sunbeams shooting out of her helmet after that run.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
244 mph at Maxton

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2008, 07:12:17 AM »
We just got home from Maxton and our Ricky Gadson drag racing school...I will post more in the drag racing section on this....maxton was fun..we met alot of new people and caught up with the regulars....sunday turned out to be a good day to run..we got 2 runs in..my first was restricted to 200 or so. I decided to run at that speed because I had felt some more rain drops and figured one run was better than none ..I ran a 198 or so...?? did not even check the run log yet..just going from memory..my secong run was going to be a better one but when getting in to 5th I chopped the throttle due to a gust of wind...and never really got back into it...after checking our new data logger I noticed this..not sure what had happened so I talked to Scott Guthrie and told him what had happened and he replied.." its easy !!! your brain seized."  he was right...our bikes are back at home and running great.....anyways...congrats to our good friend Bill on breaking my naked top speed ..to Charlie and 2 great runs and to everyone else who ran safely.....

Walter...Trill and I s best runs were when we dryed off the track...that was something else ... nice ass by the way..LOL   

Jody/Trillium
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:23:38 AM by nickelcityracing »
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline TURBO KING

• Fast Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »
LOL!!

Yours looks good, too, baby!  You started it!  That was one of the highlights of the weekend for us too.  Lots of good laughs. 

It was great seeing you and Trill and Bill again too.

I have hardly ever been able to get my wrist to lock the throttle open again once I get out of it.  I think it's because of the speeds we are doing.  My brain is telling my wrist "Turn! Turn!"  And my wrist seems to have a mind of it's own, screaming"WE'RE GONNA DIE !!  NO WAY!!".  Out of a dozen plus times of doing that, if I got back into it more than twice I would be surprised.

I remember going over my datalogs witht Guthrie, telling him how I was SURE I locked the throttle open again after I got out of it.  We looked, and I was at like 70%.  He just smiled and said "It's amazing how hard it can be to get that wrist to behave, isn't it?"

By the way I heard it thru the grapevine, not from Jody or Trill, that Jody was the quickest student Rickey has ever had, and Trillium was the fastest!   Good job guys!!

Walt

RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
244 mph at Maxton

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »
thanks Walter....I posted a few pics in the drag racing section.....Jody
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods