Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: brake light doesnt work?  (Read 7376 times)

Offline daoryder

• Rider
  • Where am I?
brake light doesnt work?
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:30:39 PM »
need help...when my bike is on the tail lights is on but when i use the front and rear brake the brake light doesnt light up...any info? its an aftermarket undertail

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
Re: brake light doesnt work?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:07:33 AM »
are you sure that all the wiring is correct?

is it an aftermarket undertail using a different taillight or does it use a stock taillight?

Offline daoryder

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 06:44:53 PM »
are you sure that all the wiring is correct?

is it an aftermarket undertail using a different taillight or does it use a stock taillight?

after market everything...ok here it goes..theres 3 wires...one was hooked up as negative and one as positive..and there is another wire...i put the lights to the other wire and it lights up the other half of the led lights in the undertail...so theres power in each wire just dont know why when i hit the brake nothing lights up

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »
you should use a multimeter and/or test light and test the wires and be sure what goes where.

Offline daoryder

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
you should use a multimeter and/or test light and test the wires and be sure what goes where.

yea i wouldnt know how to do that...any more specific info

Offline daoryder

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »
i guess no one wants to help huh?

Offline Giddy Up

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 04:10:51 PM »
On my '05, the white wire with a black stripe goes hot with either the front or rear brake on. Since your tailight works, the ground is good so check the connection on the white w/black stripe wire.

Offline daoryder

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
On my '05, the white wire with a black stripe goes hot with either the front or rear brake on. Since your tailight works, the ground is good so check the connection on the white w/black stripe wire.

yea the ground is fine...and there is 2 other wires which both give power..but dont know which wire is the brake wire..what do u mean by the front or rear brake on?

Offline GeorgeC

• Mad Post Whore
  • It sucks to be slow...
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 09:52:17 PM »

yea the ground is fine...and there is 2 other wires which both give power..but dont know which wire is the brake wire..what do u mean by the front or rear brake on?

Just what he said...  When the front or rear brake is applied, the white wire w/blk. stripe will have +12v...  The brown wire is a constant +12V whenever the key is on (this is your running light).  The black wire with a white stripe is the ground wire.

Offline daoryder

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 11:28:14 PM »
thanks guys just figured it out...had to do something with the new rear sets that i had installed...dude musta tighten that bolt/wire on the foot peg to tight