Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 06 Wont Idle  (Read 4786 times)

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
06 Wont Idle
« on: April 12, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
Took the bike in today to remap for nitrous changed to a CR10EK bike did not like them to cold for the race gas. Changed back to a CR9EK fired the bike without the airbox on or any of the sensors plugged in and it idled fine. I put the air box back on put all the lines back on and connect the sensors and it wont idle loads up badly. I pulled the box back off and double checked everything and its all right and the bike runs OK under throttle just wont idle but does now have a flat spot in the midrange. 

Any ideas anyone?

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
  • 300mph or bust in 1 mile
    • Tiger Racing Products
Re: 06 Wont Idle
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:45:06 PM »
Is your map sensor connected with the vacuume rubber hose from your EFI? 
Official Site Supporter
Guy Caputo - Tiger Racing - 300mph or bust in the 1 mile

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:47:56 PM »
I don't recall any rubber hoses to either of the sensors on the box. There was a small one in the middle on the bottom and the two larger ones at the back. Its possible I could have pulled on off a sensor that I didn't see when  I was trying to get the box out.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 09:15:52 PM »
The map sensor is mounted to the rear of the box towards the left side and is held with 1 screw and has a plug and a hose going to it. The hose comes from the injector rail vacuume lines.  It is a small hose.
Official Site Supporter

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 10:19:16 PM »
OK I know the sensor your talking about and I don't remember a hose on it and I know I did not hook one back up The first time I took it off the airbox and left it the second time I just unplugged it from the harness and left it attached to the box so I am sure I pulled the vac line off.

Thanks for the info Ill check on it tomorrow.

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 10:23:58 PM »
Bike was at the dealer didnt get a chance to talk to them till this morning but it was a vac tube off a T- fitting under the air box.  Apparently one I didnt see when I was in a hurry to pull the box and change plugs. Thanks for the info helped save alot of time chasing what was a simple problem I caused.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 06:28:08 AM »
You're welcome, glad we could help.  Been there, done that.
Official Site Supporter

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:52:23 PM »
Always the little things that eat you up and wind up pissing you off. Like the wheelie bar I ordered from pingle. Supposed to have plates to weld to the swingarm to reinforce the eyelets but there are none in my box nor is there mention of such in the directions included in there.  Seeming like no matter how hard I try I just cant make a deadline. It has been Ill have it done " THIS WEEKEND" for 3 weeks now going on 4.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:21:15 AM »
Not everyone treats a racer like a racer.  Not every company puts customers first, but I know the folks at Pingel and yes, sometimes stuff gets missed.  They are usually pretty good about taking care of things for racers, sorry to hear abut the plates.  I've been working on my bike since September and finally this last weekend I brought it home from the shop.  And my cousin owns the shop.  Family last, customers first.

I feel for you.

Guy
Official Site Supporter

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 10:22:47 PM »
I emailed pingle and they wrote back that the busa bars do not need the plates.  They need to clarify that on there site as it shows the busa with a bar and says that the bikes need the plates. In other news though I got the mono strut in tonight I thought it was going to be a big deal but it was easy once I got the tools I needed. I believe every time I start on something I always find another tool I need but I should now have enough to finish. Bolt bar on tomorrow and set it up and then I wil try and get pics to add to profile.  Anyways good luck with your bike/project I think I'm almost there on mine.

Offline 2fast4u2c

• Site Supporter
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Tiger Racing Products
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »
You too my friend.
Official Site Supporter