Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Took my first ride ona B king today.  (Read 5510 times)

Offline fsf4busa

• New User!
Took my first ride ona B king today.
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:27:20 AM »
Hi there. I have owned my 2000 Hayabusa from brand new and am now looking at trading in for the current model. But i had heard so much about the B-KING and went to my local dealership in the UK. I was only there to have a look see when the sales man said that if i wanted to take it out for a couple of hours i could:D So anyway of i go and i have to say that i was not impressed  with the power of the engine compared to my Busa. Then i stopped the bike after a short while and showed my other half. Then i remembered the "A" "B" buttons, the bike was currently in "B" so i selected "A". And of i went after a chat. Bloody hell!!! Christ!!!!! :shock: :shock: That button certainly made all the difference :shock: :shock: Now that's what i am talking about:D
This was the only sit up bike that i have ever ridden apart from the bike i was taught to ride on 12 years ago. The seating position was fantastic and very comfy. What a bike! Now i am in a bit of a dilemma, i have the new Hayabusa booked in on Monday for a couple of hours. I dont know how it will feel but the dilemma will be New Hayabusa or B-KING. Great bikes but i can have only one:(  When i got back onto my 2000 bike it felt very small, i think mainly because the tank/air intakes are so big on the king.
I would post pictures of the bike but it seems that there is no way i can see of posting them. Anyways the B-KING is mighty 8)

Offline Jesse James

• Rider
Re: Took my first ride ona B king today.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 09:28:39 AM »
I think it all comes down to what you use your bike for the most.

I was in a similar dilemma with my 02 se Busa and my 06 gsxr 1k. I traded the 1k due to a crappy seat design and styling was ok.

So comfort and looks was my decideing factor  8) Wish I could afford to keep them all, but I'm very happy with B-King minus the stock HUGE exhaust, which came off before I put my 1st mile on. (thanks Two Brothers carbon fibre)  :thumb:

Good luck on your decision, Both bikes are   :kickass:

Offline TurboGPZ

• Rider
Re: Took my first ride ona B king today.
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 05:37:34 PM »
I just got a K8 Busa and am very under-whelmed, if you like the B-King get it.