Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Decreasing rake anybody done it?  (Read 16527 times)

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
Re: Decreasing rake anybody done it?
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 05:07:52 PM »
I tried 190/55 a couple of times, and absolutely loved it. But the tires were hard to find. I probably will go back to 190/55 sometime soon on my next go around of tires.

Actually started scraping my adj kickstand, grinded it down. Then 'got smart' and adjusted it all the way in, which did help me out. I did scrape on the left hand side a little bit more, but there was already scrapes there to begin with (gotta love the bitter sweet markings of scraped lower fairings. Chicks love battle scars!).

Pictures of the weekend on cd should be in within a couple of days. Will post pics.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline canyon carver

• Rider
  • Another sunny day in LA
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:00 PM »
Put tank foam on your list, great bang for the buck and with your tank it's a no brainer. I should have done it years ago, I have absolutely no doubt it would decrease lap times.
Faster is Better

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 07:29:54 PM »
So you're saying that you loose the function of the fuel gauge, but the low fuel warning light still works?
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline canyon carver

• Rider
  • Another sunny day in LA
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2008, 12:38:58 PM »
I had thought that I allowed enough clearance for the float to operate but when I filled the tank up it showed close to empty. So I guess I cut the foam a little to close to the floats travel. Now when I fill up I set my odometer. Yes my low fuel light is still operational and when it comes on I have a full gallon remaining. For me it works fine but if you wanted a fully operational fuel gauge I think you would need to somehow cage the float so the foam had no chance of repositioning itself. If my warning light wasn't operational I would deffinitely redo the foam. The mileage difference in cruising and canyons is substantial and I wouldn't want to risk an empty tank.
Faster is Better