Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: power commander ignition module  (Read 7061 times)

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
power commander ignition module
« on: May 03, 2008, 09:42:41 AM »
Has anyone here used it along with a power commander fule module? what kind of hp can I expect to gain with the ignition module?
No computer operating busa freak!

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: power commander ignition module
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »
Unless your running near 20lbs of boost there's really no reason to retard timing, and then it does not get you more HP it allows you to run more boost before detonation, thats what makes more power, also unless your motor has good rods and you have a secondary fuel system, you should be nowhere near 20psi of boost
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 06:10:56 AM »
Thank's Dave but I am trying to get a little more hp out of my B-king, it's not turboed yet.  :lol:  Really I wanna see what it does with a little timing put in the bike. Yesterday it put down 178.9 hp and 104.5 ft/lb I keep hearing about 08 busa's making in the 190 hp range but I've yet to see it down here in south Louisiana BUT IT'S HOT AND MUGGY  like 87 degrees and 98% humidity.  :lol: :lol: Dave I've relized you have a bad case of turbo on the brain. I've been there and now I have to take a pill for it!  :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:19:39 AM by turbobusa65 »

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 05:09:44 PM »
Thank's Dave but I am trying to get a little more hp out of my B-king, it's not turboed yet.  :lol:  Really I wanna see what it does with a little timing put in the bike. Yesterday it put down 178.9 hp and 104.5 ft/lb I keep hearing about 08 busa's making in the 190 hp range but I've yet to see it down here in south Louisiana BUT IT'S HOT AND MUGGY  like 87 degrees and 98% humidity.  :lol: :lol: Dave I've relized you have a bad case of turbo on the brain. I've been there and now I have to take a pill for it!  :lol: :lol:
You don't understand I have taken pills for it, they helped me get out of a blown alcohol dragster,I got the Busa but stock it just didn't get the job done so this is why the turbo :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
And I have thought about the timing module to move timing around on the bottom end cause when you take comprestion out it leaves the bottom a little weak I thought advanceing it a couple of degrees might help but then I adjusted the map better and it seems ok now

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 07:44:04 PM »
Blown alcohol dragster!!!  The pill for that must be the size of a baseball. :shock: I was trying to figure out how that could be done on a turbo bike, it would be nice to add timing off boost and pull timing when on boost. I'm shure there's a product out there that's capable of makeing that happen.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:58:56 PM by turbobusa65 »

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 08:40:15 PM »
Blown alcohol dragster!!!  The pill for that must be the size of a baseball. :shock: I was trying to figure out how that could be done on a turbo bike, it would be nice to add timing off boost and pull timing when on boost. I'm shure there's a product out there that's capable of makeing that happen.
Yea I needed a 2nd job to keep it running, thats partly why its gone, its ben almost 35 years at the dragstrip the last 15 with that car, had ben updated several times, anyway you can do what you want with the ign module,  add timing out of boost and take it out in boost but it almost has to be setup on a dyno by somebody that knows how, I was going to try that, adding out of boost because of the out of boost power loss when I went to low comprestion, adjusted on map a bit more bike ran ok never bothered with module