Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gear Indicator, reader project  (Read 4007 times)

Offline KevinB

• New User!
Gear Indicator, reader project
« on: May 05, 2008, 01:58:26 PM »
I can see several gear indicator posts but none that start from the basics, the one I have comes with a small magnet that you attached to the rim of the back wheel or rear disc nut using no other than superglue as suggested in the instructions....there is a 2 metre wire that picks up the signal from the magnet as it revolves - the issue I have is that there appears to be 4 wires that need connecting, one is a programming wire that needs shorting whilst your program, a positive wire and negative wire and then a green pulse wire - again the instructions suggest that I should connect the wires to the Rev meter as that has all the necessary connections but before I do this I would like some ideas on where to start  -  I need to access these wires leading to the Rev meter and can only assume these are underneath the clocks - where do I start with an 04 Busa - as a newb I want start undoing things in the right order to get access to the wiring for the rev meter.

I used to have a TL1000R and did not care much about taking it apart but this this is my pride and joy and I want to ensure things are done in the right order.

Does anyone have a service manual in PDF format? :P

Best Regards

Kevin

Offline busabill1397

• Post Whore
Re: Gear Indicator, reader project
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »
If  You Want a Gear Indicator Check out BOOSTBYSMITH. That's What I Use. It's The Best  Around. His Name Is Greg. Real Good Guy To Deal With.  :thumb:  :thumb:

Offline Kurt

• Baconator
  • Mad Post Whore
Re: Gear Indicator, reader project
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »
X2  :thumb: :thumb: