Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How good is full exhaust?  (Read 3266 times)

Offline Walley25

• Apprentice Post Whore
How good is full exhaust?
« on: November 27, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »
Just wondering how much gain you get from having full exhaust vs stock and if its the best starting mod. Thanks

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
Re: How good is full exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 01:08:52 AM »
Most just do it for noise and aesthetics... and LOOSE HP.   :roll:

If done properly, a combination of a quality Pipe, Power Commander & Map = you CAN gain HP.

The Factory does DO a lot of research making their bikes perform and operate without hiccups, glitches, surging, etc...

But then again, the Stock exhaust is ugly as hell - Just skip the Pipe part and get a Turbo!!!  :trb:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 08:09:36 AM »
buy a good full exhaust, put in a power commander, small box mod, bmc race filter, nos dry kit, 16 tooth front sprocket, and a good tune and it will be fast.

then,

sell it all, except the power commander, and take a huuuge loss, then take those few pennies you got from that and go turbo.
that was my situation.

be sure what you are going to do with the bike.

(i was told the same thing back in 02, i could have saved a bunch of money)
just a thought.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:11:23 AM by grecco »

Offline Walley25

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 08:33:20 AM »
how much do people usually spend on turbo from start to finish? (I'm a new owner)

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 09:29:35 AM »
how much do people usually spend on turbo from start to finish? (I'm a new owner)

RCC (IMO - The Best Systems out there...) has a Sale for a stage one: $3500 + install.
FYI - Most can do the install... and then take it and get it dyno-tuned.

Maybe $4,000 for $250 HP - Daily driver and very reliable... 

But then comes the upgrades and the need for More Boost!!!   8)

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline BusaSnoop

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:29:06 PM »
Speed costs money how fast do you want to go.  8)  I have seen Yosh. rs3 full system small box mod. power comander good filter 171 h.p. not bad for bolt on's my brother is a big ebay fan I think he's got 5-600 in parts.
2002 Busa 1397
NHRA #399

Offline mustangjunkey

• New User!
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2008, 10:31:23 PM »
what is this small box mod that everyone keeps talking about? does someone have a link?

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 01:28:06 AM »
what is this small box mod that everyone keeps talking about? does someone have a link?

Use the SEARCH function at the Top right below your User Info Box.
Go to the MODS Section 1st...

Offline canyon carver

• Rider
  • Another sunny day in LA
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »
A good 4-2-1 exhaust can get you an easy 4hp without the power commander, with a power commander you can increase that to about 8hp. You will also lose around 25lbs, a rule of thumb is with every 5lbs lost you reclaim 1hp. So with a power commander dialed into a good 4-2-1 system will get you 13hp. You should know though that loosing weight will not show up on a dyno. You show the same hp at 500lbs as you would with 1000lbs. Weight savings equal hp. So.......go on a diet and you'll have more hp for free.
Faster is Better