Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 05/06 GSXR 1000 Joins the list of stock ECUs that can be reflashed/remapped  (Read 3386 times)

Offline RidgeRacer

• Apprentice Post Whore
I don't know how many of you followed the thread about reflashing the stock zx-12 ECUs that turned into a thread about flashing the Busas  http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=117561.0

The same thing is now possible, (well it was always possible, just now figured out exactly which wires to use) on the 05/06 GSXR-1000 US market ECUs  Suzuki part # 32920-41G10.

Using a $20 USB cable, a couple of $2 switches from radio shack, a PC or Laptop, and some free software off the internet you can now change the stock rpm limits and remove the 186 mph limit. The more advanced among you could even change the ignition and fuel maps.

The down side is you can only reflash it 100 times according to the chip mfg. Car tuners who use the same chip have told me they have exceeded that limit so the actual number may be several hundred and vary from chip to chip but it is not unlimited. Not a big deal if your just adjusting the limiters and you know what your doing on the ignition/fuel tuning but a potential problem for those who's tuning style involves a lot of trial and error.  Right now there is no real time adjust software for this project. Tuning would come down to Run, Log, Stop, Analyze, Tweak, Flash, repeat.

If you feel a little squeamish about hooking up your very expensive ECU to something you saw on the internet by some guy you never heard of don't worry I'm sure this service will be offered by tuners like DaveO soon. And for those of you with other makes or models of GSXR who feel left out let me explain how this works....

You can Flash or WRITE to the ECU via the wire harness connectors, but you can't READ the ECU that way. You need to READ out the stock map to use as a base map to modify and reflash the ECU however. The only way to get these base maps is to cut open and read out the maps of each make and model of ECU. The only reason the 05/06 was cracked first is because DaveO sent me that ECU to cut open and read.

The bad news here is that I do this as a hobby thing on the side and don't have the resources to show up at the local Suzuki dealer and order 1 of each ECU to cut open and read. I rely on people donating the ECUs to me so I can cut them open, read them out and share the files with everyone else.

The good news is I don't need a working ECU. One with a blown injector or coil channel, fuel pump relay problem etc. is perfect. Its worthless to use on a bike but the CPU is still working and readable. Problem is nobody advertises those units on ebay because they think they are worthless.

So here is a shout out to any of you who have a blown ECU sitting under your bench collecting dust.

Here is the schematic http://www.bikeland.info/downloads/ecu/gsxr/GSXR1K_USB.pdf

Here are some example map settings

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:43:26 AM by RidgeRacer »

Offline Lumpasaurus

• Rider
Can the fan switch turn on temp be changed when you are in there?