Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Carbon Fiber Wheel and Shinko Issues????  (Read 1199 times)

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
Carbon Fiber Wheel and Shinko Issues????
« on: May 14, 2008, 07:57:59 PM »
I mounted a brand new Shinko on and went to the track to start trying to get my bike dialed in last week. The first night I ran around 18lbs. and for some reason all the air was gone at the end of the track night. I thought it was odd and put air in the tire around 33lbs. Got up and rode to work the next morning, tire was still holding pressure and seemed to be fine. Went back to the track with 30lbs. that night. At the end of the night I was down to 15lbs.???? Seems to be fine with street riding. Tomorrow I am going to mark the tire and rim with tape and see if the tire is breaking and slipping around the beads. Thats the only thing I can think of, I have found no leaks...Its a big motor bike but I have only launched a couple of 1.58 60's...I should be knowhere near putting any stress on the bike. Anybody ever ran into an issue like this?

Offline busa4speed

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
  • Cincinnati, Zone 15
Re: Carbon Fiber Wheel and Shinko Issues????
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Try useing wax on the rim from a candle

Offline BigRed

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:54:21 PM »
they say to use only a very little bit of soap or none at all while mounting tires to carbon wheels. If you are going to put soap on just put it on the one part of the bead you have to stretch over.
Jeff T
Hayabusa Ultra

Offline SpeedVirus1

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:01:47 PM »
Yeah, I will be taking it back to the guy that mounted it this Sat. Hopefully he can get it right...