Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: busa200 254!!!!!!!!! updated to 256  (Read 34259 times)

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
Re: busa200 254!!!!!!!!! updated to 256
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »
Charlie called me today to ask a question and give me the run down on the weekend and after the phone call I changed his name in my cell phone to Charlie 256!

Awesome for all involved and also understand Charlie is in his 50's  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: he is just getting this party started!!

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2008, 08:51:12 PM »
I was there in April, I was there in may, and I'll damn well be there in June. Congrats Charlie, you're knocking on a impressive record. Bring the title back to the states  :thumb: :USA:
There's a standing mile event outside the states? I though Maxton and Texas were the only 2.

http://www.200mph.net/

There was an event somewhere a few years ago, a guy went 265

Bill
looks like 240. by the Flying Dutchman: http://www.200-mph.info/200mph_Records/Class%205.html

Offline knecum

• Mad Post Whore
  • The Recipe!
    • www.knecumpower.com
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2008, 11:06:35 PM »
Nice job Charlie!!!  congrats and good luck in the future!

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2008, 11:53:34 PM »
I was there in April, I was there in may, and I'll damn well be there in June. Congrats Charlie, you're knocking on a impressive record. Bring the title back to the states  :thumb: :USA:
There's a standing mile event outside the states? I though Maxton and Texas were the only 2.

Bill
looks like 240. by the Flying Dutchman: http://www.200-mph.info/200mph_Records/Class%205.html

Looks like it is 265mph. That 2nd place 257mph is the performance bikes magazine "Project 250" they did awhile back.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/20september06_topspeed.htm

Offline entropy

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2008, 02:09:23 AM »

Bill

Looks like it is 265mph. That 2nd place 257mph is the performance bikes magazine "Project 250" they did awhile back.
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/20september06_topspeed.htm

coldstone:
that's 265 & 257 in a mile?  or 1.3 mile???

also, either of those backed up to 1%????

I'm in awe of anyone going that fast, just wanna understand the venue.
Often wrong, but never unsure!!!!!

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2008, 07:02:10 AM »
They just had their first standing mile race: http://www.200mph.net/smf/index.php?topic=59254.0 That's great for them! and us! Means that Standing Mile Racing is growing  :thumb:

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2008, 09:00:24 AM »
Yep, them fellas across the pond and in SA sure have some nice tarmac! One of them is so nice you could land the space shuttle on it.

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2008, 12:19:40 PM »
well, i finally made it in last nite at 1:30, 3300 mile round trip. what a weekend. i want to thank all of you guys and girls who were pulling for me, on saturday i took a moment and went to this site and read all of the posts urging me on and that really inspired me. i look back on that now and i realize the effect that had on my performance, so you all had a hand in helping me this weekend.
      saturday was kind of a blur for me, i went out there with a goal of going 250, but realisticly thinking i would probably go 248 maybe 249. so i was real pleased with my first run of 246. the day kinda becomes a blur for me after that, my next run was 243 and then it happened. i lined up, i am so focused on what i got to do that i am not hearing anything all i see is the track, i get a good start, this bike is flying, i go through the gears and in 5th or 6th, i cant remember which,  the bars starting moving back and forth in my hands. not like a tank slapper but kind of gentle like. i'm not sure what is going on, this has never happened to me before. i believe i let off a little and got right back into it. i know i'm flying cause i go through that turn like a rocket ship, it came up so unbelievably fast, the thrill of a lifetime. i make the turn around and head back up and 2 safety guys come running out to me showing me with there fingers how fast i just went. they give me a 2, 5 and 4 or was it a 2, 4 and 5. i'm thinking no, it cant be a 254, but as i get closer to the pits i see the people coming out to the road and giving me the thumbs up and then i know i broke 250.
      i set my goal high by entering into a class with a record of 253 set by Wayne Pollack, i had just broke his record with him there to watch it and earned my AA license, you cannot imagine how humbled and small i felt at that moment. like one of you guys said, i am just one of the regular guys, i have no sponsorship i just do it cause i love the speed, i get way more out of it than i put in it.
      this is the best part, sunday morning i line up and get a good start by the time i am in 6th gear the front end is floating again, i know i have a good run so i let off the throttle and get right back into it and push myself up onto the tank as far as  i can and am now able to pick my ass up and down and move it around to where ever i want to without upsetting the bike, front end settles back down, i dont know how fast i just went but the 2 safety guys are back out on the road and fingers show 256. i am just amazed at how easy this bike is to ride, suzuki gave us a great platform to go fast on. DaveO gave me a hell of a ride to set records on.
      so now i get to thank those who helped me get where i am. the list is short since i have no sponsors.
His name is Dave Owens and i met him about 3 years ago. He built me a stroker motor that i beat on for 2 years and showed up alot of riders in the colorado twisties, old man on a hayabusa, those things dont handle well do they? thats what they would ask me and then i would show them what a properly set up busa will do.
      it took a year to get this build done and i knew if dave was doing it that it would take time but it would be right. the result speaks for itself.
      as good as he is with building motors, his tuning prowess is unmatched. he apparently has been blessed with a god-given talent to see things no one else does. it seems to me that it comes to him with ease.
      theres one other thing that he does that as agravating as it is, it works. he has this way of getting into my head which gets me focused and into a zone that i had never been able to get into before, he made me realize that at these speeds, i need to be there, in that place, where no one else is. 
      i am really fortunate to have met and got to know dave, i truly believe he has taken me farther than anyone else could possibly have done, he has made it easy for me, this bike is like riding a bicycle. if you look up the word " smooth " in the dictionary you will see a picture of my bike next to it.
      i believe there is a lot of value in words and i believe in giving credit where credit is due. You deserve all the credit on this one Dave.

Thank you Dave Owens.

charlie
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 12:48:00 PM by busa200 »
259.85 m.p.h. at Maxton, built and tuned by DaveO

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2008, 12:41:34 PM »
 :clp: Well said Charlie, glad you did it, it gives me a little glimmer of hope that one day I can hit 250. You to have the ability to ride the monster Dave built and know what's going on too. Enjoy it, this is a bigger deal than you probrably realize  :thumb: Hats off to both of you.

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2008, 03:43:28 PM »
What's so cool about this picture I took, is that it's the EXACT same reaction(see the pic Deb took here -  http://tinyurl.com/66zuee) that Wayne had when he broke 250mph.... guess we'll have to start calling it the "250 Salute" now.

There's a small but very meaningful piece of history video clip I took that I'll put on here as soon as it finishes uploading... and if you want it I'll have a copy for you at the next meet of the entire May meet we got on CD (of course that means you have to show up to get it - lol).

You're in (and fit well) with a very rare group of people, and I don't just mean speedwise.
Congrats once again and thanks for dinner again Charlie... you're good people :thumb:  :thumb:
Todd & Deb

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2008, 04:08:38 PM »
Dave had your speed in hand on our dry erase board, Deb ran to impound and back to have your timeslip for you and I had the video and camera on ya.... Deb wanted to make sure you had some more recorded history of this and not just the memory.

Didn't mean to scare ya with the "seconds to impound" statement, but without it happening in the right order... there's no record.
Don't pass go, don't collect $200.... go directly to impound and gather your kiss, hugs and license upgrade there ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/5kyczw
Todd

Offline zrxdean

• Post Master
« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2008, 04:19:34 PM »
Congratulations Charlie and Dave, much success in the future. best, Dean

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »
Congrats Charlie, nice to see you enjoying your bike,

Richard

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2008, 08:41:04 AM »
i just read all this....

this is incredible!
Congratulations to all involved!
wow, what an accomplishment!
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »
Congrats Charlie, nice to see you enjoying your bike,

Richard
richard,
that is a mild understatement. this bike is a blast to ride and unless you have ridden one you wont understand just how crazy it is to ride.
                                   charlie
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 11:44:51 AM by busa200 »

Offline busa200

• Post Whore
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2008, 11:58:51 AM »
Dave had your speed in hand on our dry erase board, Deb ran to impound and back to have your timeslip for you and I had the video and camera on ya.... Deb wanted to make sure you had some more recorded history of this and not just the memory.

Didn't mean to scare ya with the "seconds to impound" statement, but without it happening in the right order... there's no record.
Don't pass go, don't collect $200.... go directly to impound and gather your kiss, hugs and license upgrade there ;-)

http://tinyurl.com/5kyczw
Todd
todd,
thanks for making that video, you are right cause everytime i watch it i get to reexperience the ride again.

i would also like to thank jim hansen and dan millholland for supporting me at the race and helping out, thats a bad ass camera you have there jim.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      one of the highlites for me at the event was when wayne pollack came over to me and congratulated me for getting into the 250 club. very professional and sincere, it caught me off guard when he walked up to me  and left me fumbling for words, i'm still not sure what i said to him.

Offline Racetrack14

• Post Whore
  • First Father Daughter Team to Join the 200MPH Club
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2008, 12:03:03 PM »
Gee, Every now and then a couple of guys team up and the results are just plain magically. Congrats again - Charlies and Dave

Racetrack

Offline 1197Kaw

• Rider
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2008, 12:12:10 PM »
Todd

Great job with the photo and video. I know you were busy with Debs bike.
E.C.T.A. 200 Club (All Motor)

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2008, 12:15:36 AM »
He touched my 2 club shirt.  Notice the tiny, modest autograph.  Just "Charlie".   :lol:

Way to go Charlie!!!  I remember the day I met you.  You were hot lapping on a big-bore NA bike and just coming up a hair short of 200, over and over.  We've both come a long way, you especially.  Congrats man!

Russ
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile