Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Y2K jetbike owner says his bike is "over" turbo busa's  (Read 12144 times)

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
Y2K jetbike owner says his bike is "over" turbo busa's
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »
I could be misunderstanding though on what he means by "produce". Be it production wise or tuned street legal monster wise. Anyways Link to the video and quote from "jetpoweredgriffin"  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmqSHIoVMQE#KQ8-c3R0txY

as the ownerdriver i will say that the best speed so far is 244 mph.this is the fastest motorcycle,box stock,street legal,street fuel ever produced.when anyone produces one faster we are waiting with 2 more larger engines,420 hp and then 650 hp.,of the same family.the 650 produces over 1000 ft./lbs. of torque.
by the way,what do you drive?

I'm on there as Falcon1298 and, like I have to other y2k defenders, informed him of What the yancy's turbo busa has done along with the records at elvington that are beyond the speed he listed (which he didn't mention if it was verified at the event or by his own means). And this isn't even mentioning gps reads of t busa owners here who have done those speeds and beyond as well. Seems like a nice guy and i sent him a link to here and will send links to these threads In hopes something can be worked out in the form of a filmed run. We've all seen what happend to boosted high hp vipers and supra's against a mild or well done turbo busa, but I can't recall anyone given the chance to run against a y2k jetbike. It's something we've wanted for awhile and I remember years back someone at the kaos forums who ran at bonneville (hank maybe?) emailed a challenge to the head cheese at marine turbine because of the BS claim they had at their website claiming it was the "fastest streetbike in the world". Not PRODUCTION, but fastest outright. He posted the emails he sent and got back and all the owner did is list theories and figures that but never accepted a challenge at a track event or somewhere fairly deserted they could film a few runs with. The owner also changed the claim on his website to "most powerful production bike in the world". Obviously because of a few bikes with japanese kanji on the side fairings.  :lol:

If he pops on over lets all be cool and maybe get something worked out. Be it backroad blast or at maxton/texas. Fulltilt still around here? This would make great video reguardless of who wins.

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
Re: Y2K jetbike owner says his bike is "over" turbo busa's
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 08:39:37 AM »
That bike was at the Texas Mile, I don't know his name or number though.

Offline WildBro

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • NO Fairies Here
    • Wild Bros Racing
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 08:19:24 AM »
I believe you must have 500 units built in a year to be considered production.

Bill

Offline COLDSTONE1300

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 02:10:38 AM »
Actually if you read his posts at the youtube link the guy seems pretty cool and is building up experience in these runs hence the speeds just around 200mph. Has met the Bud busa (Yancy's) guys at maxton too. He asked a question that I'd like answered as well: what is the fastest speed anyone has documented for a turbo busa on PUMP GAS? If it's a big enough build that would be 300ish on pump and 400+ on race mix then it should be 200+mph easy i'm guessing?

Offline TRNorBRN6001

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 10:29:39 PM »
Don't think it was on pump gas, but Ack Attack went something like 344+mph with turbo Busa motors.

Yep, the Y2K bike guy at the Mile seemed real nice. He did say he was doing some shake down runs there. I think he is friends with Jay Leno. The scarry part of his bike is that it takes a little bit longer for the turbine motor to shut down once you get out of the throttle, with enough realestate that thing would probably go real good. Maybe Space Shuttle landing sight in SA would be the venue of choice for that bike.

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »
I talked to him at the mile last time.  He really is a nice guy, so you're right, let's play nice.  If he was arrogant and snotty, it would be a free-for-all, but I walked away with a very positive impression of him.  He was definately easing into it when I watched him run.  The true test would be on a desert highway IMHO.  I wouldn't be scared to run him in that setting.  Of course, I'll need to reassemble every single little piece of my bike as it is completely disassembled at the moment.  Let's find another big hp busa in the meantime and set up a video session.  Lots of long dessert highways in the southwest.   :thumb: 
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile
  ----- Powered by Cheese -----

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »
do it!  :thumb:

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 05:10:58 PM »
He asked a question that I'd like answered as well: what is the fastest speed anyone has documented for a turbo busa on PUMP GAS? If it's a big enough build that would be 300ish on pump and 400+ on race mix then it should be 200+mph easy i'm guessing?

Much more than 300 HP possible on pump gas, especially with a sub ambient cooler.
John
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline ironhead

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »
I don't get what the deal is with pump gas. Your putting up a jet powered bike and then require pump gas :?: I know someone thats working in new mexico with one badass turbo busa. busa200. We know what busa200's bike is running and capable of more so let's see some real numbers from the jet bike. very interesting. :thumb:
RIP DaveO. You will be missed.
212mph at maxton thanks to DaveO and busa200
03 Black/Silver

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 10:17:21 PM »
I don't get what the deal is with pump gas. Your putting up a jet powered bike and then require pump gas :?: I know someone thats working in new mexico with one badass turbo busa. busa200. We know what busa200's bike is running and capable of more so let's see some real numbers from the jet bike. very interesting. :thumb:

pump gas is more a big deal with car people,  but i think the turbine bike is asking the pump gas question since he can run on pump fuel.

Offline ironhead

• Legacy Rider
  • Rider
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 04:19:32 PM »
I get what your saying but it would seem since it's a jet powered bike it would be a run what you brung type deal.
RIP DaveO. You will be missed.
212mph at maxton thanks to DaveO and busa200
03 Black/Silver

Offline rustman

• Mad Post Whore
  • Garage Racer
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 06:23:59 PM »
Well, it doesn't matter what fuel you run as far as power.  Restricting it to pump would just mean that the amount of boost would have to be limited, and that's where the power loss comes in.  That would defeat the whole purpose wouldn't it?  I would guess that the fuel thing is probably a non-issue.  It doesn't make sense to me either.   :?
Yeah, it made 500 hp at 32 psi.
233 mph Texas Mile