Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: only posers on big tires ?  (Read 57137 times)

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
only posers on big tires ?
« on: May 20, 2008, 12:49:26 PM »
only posers on big tires?  guys on here are calling anybody on a big tire setup a poser...any big tire guys out there want to comment on this?  :ppcrn:

Offline Fastbusa-1

• Rider
Re: only posers on big tires ?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
I say to each his own, they like it, I don't. Some like apples some like oranges. I say we stick up for each other and don't worry about the rest. Just my 2 cents.

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 03:02:57 PM »
There are plenty of fast, big HP, big tire bikes out there...you are getting just getting ribbed by the wanna be racers out there is all...who says that you can't look good and be fast????   On a different note some guys have gotten out of hand with their big tires...personaly when you get over a 360 you are boardering on clown territory. 

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 03:44:50 PM »
what would be purpose of wider  than stock tire  besides posing? 
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 03:48:39 PM by zzr12pete »
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »
they used to put 4.00 x 18 on street bikes ??  u want to go to that on your busa ? better yet... find a copy of Super Streetbike - Sep '07 issue -pge 56 and see what a real indepth big tire test has to say !  by the way.. what size tire are you running?  have you ever riden on a big tire setup to base your assumption on ?  jus some food for thought.  lovin this disscussion !   :lol: :rfl:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:51:13 PM »
i love how you keep quoting super street bike magazine as if they are some sort of holy grail filled with motorcycle knowledge. 

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:59:34 PM »
i love how you keep quoting super street bike magazine as if they are some sort of holy grail filled with motorcycle knowledge. 

I think it *is* the holy grail filled with (....Big Ass Rear Tire'd....) motorcycle knowledge.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »
it is an indepth critique of big tires and how they handle.  im just asking all of you to read the article to maybe..possibly .. LEARN something !  open your mind to the world bro.  im not telling you to get a big tire, just learn about whats on the other bikes out there.  :D

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »
so what does your bike run with that 50 shot?

Offline Scott123007

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 06:32:48 PM »
Wider than stock IS posing, no ifs ands or buts about it, but so what. No different than spending a ton of money on suspension or race tires for track day when a better rider can still go faster with all stock stuff. You do what you can afford, what makes you feel good, or what YOU think is right for you for whatever reason.

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 06:36:38 PM »
9.0s  so far.   i'm old school, so theres a big learning curve to get up to date with the technique of a busa!  but i'm gettin more comfortable with it.  i expect more out of myself and the bike as the year progresses.   :vllgh:

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »
so scott... your bike is bone stock ?  you do have a bike?  so anything other than stock is POSING  ??? :rfl:

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 06:49:34 PM »
sure , they look cool...but i have NEVER seen a widetire bike actually ridden like a sportbike was invented to be ridden. ive also only once seen a widetire High HP bike use the power.

i just got my last project sold...and im working on a wide tire Busa based street fighter. +3 swing arm to hold a 300mm rear and a 180 front.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 07:02:26 PM »
sounds like an awesum streetfighter!!  anxious to see that come to light !  its easy to see the transition from 20 years ago to now... as in tire sizes on the Road Race circuit !  WHY do you think they keep going bigger in size ?!  what do you  think the tire sizes will be 20 years from NOW ????  interesting huh ?   :?:

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »
well, the visual stimulated market has brought us the wide tires, not the performance market. big bore track bikes have been running 160-180's for a long time. i suspect well see a change in rubber before we see any real major change in size.

ya, im excited to get on the SF project...im stock piling parts all summer for a winter build. i have 2 other project to finish up this summer :( ugh.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 07:25:28 PM »
bd...whats your current project?  any pics?  8)

Offline CADDYWOMPUS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 07:41:20 PM »
there was a big argument on another busa board a few years ago . One poster said it did not mater how big or wide the tire was ,the footprint never got bigger  provided the psi stayed the same ,loaded weight was the same  and carcus was of same construction... One of the best arguments ever .... Of course most told him he was full of shit but he kept pulling facts to support his argument .  Anybody see or participate in that debate?
 Your thoughts ??
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:46:41 PM by zzr12pete »
"you are both queerbait and im the queer"-pat dietrich

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008, 08:09:38 PM »
9.0s  so far.   i'm old school, so theres a big learning curve to get up to date with the technique of a busa!  but i'm gettin more comfortable with it.  i expect more out of myself and the bike as the year progresses.   :vllgh:

so you're spraying 50hp on a bike with no map?  since as of today you did not have the map sent to your email yet  :bah:

jason...dave here.  didnt get your email with the map for a pcIIIusb with muzzy pipe and a 38 nozzle.  thanks in advance !!! my email     divemedic13@aol.com         maybe that'll keep me out of trouble?!   :wink:

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008, 08:24:32 PM »
last thursday a guy had aa busa with a 240 kit. From this website Ive learned he is slow. He couldnt even do a burnout. Then he proceeded to stomp a couple of 1000's I know were fast. :bah:

Offline Vmax Antonio

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2008, 08:30:18 PM »
what would be purpose of wider  than stock tire  besides posing? 

**Not ment to offend anyone** I believe in "to each his own."

To make it easier to find the nails on the road!! :lol: But I've managed doing that without the fat tires :(

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
its all in what you like....

i, personally wouldnt do the big tire thing.

i, personally wouldnt slam and stretch my busa.
(im waiting to another bike to enjoy the curves before i do all that to mine).

i rode a busa show bike with a 300mm on it with air ride and all the chrome doodads and custom paint.
it was sweet because it looked sweet.
i thought it rode like shit, but i liked it.
if i had money to blow,
i would have a show bike in my stable of several bikes.

to sum it all up,
i need more money.

Offline JW OLDBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2008, 08:56:59 PM »
So what's wrong with posing?  It's their choice. Sounds like a term to shame someone. maybe not everyone likes to go fast, just look fast.
1397= MY AFFORDABLE TURBO

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2008, 09:06:43 PM »
got a map..my son tweaked a muzzy map for me , probably way fat but safe.  jus wanted a tried  map to compare or change to .  why you so insecure sparky?  oh yeh..owned a busa for what..how many DAYS ???!!!  dont worry son.. you'll be ok !  you're scared to wot 1st and 2nd ? and you want to dis me ??!!   :rfl: :rfl:  might be best to sit back and get a little more experience before you get in with the adults ! gettin bored a g  a  i   n.......... :zzz:

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »
actually,   sparky has more experience with his busa than the big tire posers on this site.
 :thumb:

its all in what you like.
no need to flame sparky.

Offline cstraubs1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 09:37:10 PM »
I could out run Sparky with a square tire..... :bah: :lol: