Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: only posers on big tires ?  (Read 57138 times)

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
Re: only posers on big tires ?
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »
hmmm..reply #50 on 240 kit questions..sparky said "ive had my busa for 30 days" ?!  more bull shyte or he jus cant seem to tell the truth ?  which is it ?  :rfl: :rfl: :rfl: 

Offline Dan.J

• Post Master
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 09:50:52 PM »
 :lol:  Sparky has over 6000 posts here...ya think he did that in 30 days!  :lol:
anyways.....to each his/her own. if u enjoy your bike i guess thats all that matters.

06 Busa......8 second street bike.(Sold but missed)

Offline Doogie

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
:lol:  Sparky has over 6000 posts here...ya think he did that in 30 days!  :lol:
anyways.....to each his/her own. if u enjoy your bike i guess thats all that matters.

Amen

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
bd...whats your current project?  any pics?  8)

i just finished up a major custom gun build, and now im building the ultimate hooligan bike from a KTM Supermoto...then I have a Rhino im pimping out for our gun shop.

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 10:19:14 PM »
there was a big argument on another busa board a few years ago . One poster said it did not mater how big or wide the tire was ,the footprint never got bigger  provided the psi stayed the same ,loaded weight was the same  and carcus was of same construction... One of the best arguments ever .... Of course most told him he was full of shit but he kept pulling facts to support his argument .  Anybody see or participate in that debate?
 Your thoughts ??

i remember that....and it was total bullshit. why? he didnt account for approach angle!!!! if the contact patch on the road was the only thin that mattered all bikes would stay 90deg to the pavement and never lean in. that dude needed a college physics class BAD!!!

The Poison Idea- TMH T61 Ultra kit (500+ hp), 3-deg frame rake, BST wheels, Speigler 8-pot calipers and masters, Mac 0-6 arm, full CF body work.

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 10:29:50 PM »
bone...that new ktm is awesum !  youll have guys fightin over that one when you finish !  ya gonna post build pics or will you keep it secret ?  dont blame you if dont let it out till its finished >>> worse than xmas!!!  haha   :clp: :clp:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 12:06:39 AM »
I could out run Sparky with a square tire..... :bah: :lol:

its the yellow that makes ya fast  :D

don't mind me,  just posing through on my little tire

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 12:39:25 AM »
sweet !  is that really you sparkomatic or is that somebody elses pic ?  now tell me why i should believe you ?!   :thumb: :clp:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 01:19:41 AM »
To be honest I've owned both strickly performance oriented and custom bikes with big tires...it is a thing of personal preferance.  About the performance issues, to the average rider the difference is marginal, I rode my bike with both regular and wide tires and streched swingarms...I honestly didn't note any major difference in handeling, but hey I'm not riding at Daytona or anything.  I think up to a certain size the bigger tire is more fitting of a big-bore bike, which are mostly geared toward straight line top speed performance anyway, I don't remember the last time a busa won Daytona or even competed in that area anyway.  The little performance loss for a better looking bike, which most people don't even come close to pushing to its upper potential isn't even noticable to a mear mortal.  And for the record I wouldn't quote a magazine article that is put out there by a company that advertizes nothing but big tire kits, get a big tire kit and your real world experience will show you the truth.   

Offline MFKA

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2008, 04:54:07 AM »
they used to put 4.00 x 18 on street bikes ??  u want to go to that on your busa ? better yet... find a copy of Super Streetbike - Sep '07 issue -pge 56 and see what a real indepth big tire test has to say !  by the way.. what size tire are you running?  have you ever riden on a big tire setup to base your assumption on ?  jus some food for thought.  lovin this disscussion !   :lol: :rfl:
[/quot

How about a link?

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2008, 05:24:56 AM »
last thursday a guy had aa busa with a 240 kit. From this website Ive learned he is slow. He couldnt even do a burnout. Then he proceeded to stomp a couple of 1000's I know were fast. :bah:
did you say he couldn't do a burn out????  I had a 240 kit with a +10" strech and could burn out all day long with a stock motor, PCIIIusb, and BozBros exhaust...sounds like he was faking out the 1000s to me.  There is a guy on the board with a 240 kit that runs carbon fiber rims, built motor, and turbo...I'd like to hear him chime in and give us some figures, quarter mile ET, something, I can tell from looking at the set up he runs that his bike is bad ass.  People rib the big tire guys about messing with the bike's given factory handling, but I see alot of streched swingarms on the bikes around here and that isn't exactly as the factory intended either, so don't pose as a roadracer just to knock the big tire guys :bah:  

enough said :thumb:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:38:44 AM by unit176 »

Offline Ksana

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2008, 07:01:35 AM »
Some I really like.
But just recently only cruiser tires, were available.
Not to mention, with the extra weight of that wheel=less performance.
That's why many of us go to lightweight wheels.
I've seen some 240s that look incredible. But anything above that is just pushing it...
But if you want it, buy it :thumb:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2008, 07:13:14 AM »
I could out run Sparky with a square tire..... :bah: :lol:

its the yellow that makes ya fast  :D

don't mind me,  just posing through on my little tire

Nice pic Sparky  :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »
anyone that thinks a 4 or more over arm is gonna handle even close to stock is on some dangerous drugs   :grn:

now put a 275/45-17 MT Drag Radial on that rim and you got sumptin   :twisted:

Offline cstraubs1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2008, 02:07:59 PM »
sweet !  is that really you sparkomatic or is that somebody elses pic ?  now tell me why i should believe you ?!   :thumb: :clp:

Thats him!!!  I see the trademark black primer tail... :thumb:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2008, 03:07:10 PM »
Maybe we should have a bigtire show down...get some 1/4mile ETs posted or see what really has been going on at the track...I refuse to believe that a bike with a turbo and a big tire is slow in any aspect.  For the record I didn't say it felt like stock with an extension, but to us mere mortals you don't notice the difference. 

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2008, 04:33:44 PM »
i can tell a substantial difference in the handling with a 4 over and stock length.
i am mere mortal also.
 :P

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2008, 04:59:43 PM »

Thats him!!!  I see the trademark black primer tail... :thumb:

SPARKY1397R

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »
i can tell a substantial difference in the handling with a 4 over and stock length.
i am mere mortal also.
 :P

4" over with a turbo is probably ideal,especially for street use(after 30,000 miles on 2 stock length Busas and now a few months on a 6" over i can definitely tell the difference,seems like i have to "muscle" it into a corner rather than letting it do it on it's own,particularly at lower speeds). :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Bonedust

• Mad Post Whore
  • boost or bust
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
bone...that new ktm is awesum !  youll have guys fightin over that one when you finish !  ya gonna post build pics or will you keep it secret ?  dont blame you if dont let it out till its finished >>> worse than xmas!!!  haha   :clp: :clp:

eh, i dont post pics much anymore. ive pulled my bike off of fraud auctions 4 times now...and i dont care to do it again. i even watermarked the last set, and they STILL listed it.

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »
last thursday a guy had aa busa with a 240 kit. From this website Ive learned he is slow. He couldnt even do a burnout. Then he proceeded to stomp a couple of 1000's I know were fast. :bah:
did you say he couldn't do a burn out????  I had a 240 kit with a +10" strech and could burn out all day long with a stock motor, PCIIIusb, and BozBros exhaust...sounds like he was faking out the 1000s to me.  There is a guy on the board with a 240 kit that runs carbon fiber rims, built motor, and turbo...I'd like to hear him chime in and give us some figures, quarter mile ET, something, I can tell from looking at the set up he runs that his bike is bad ass.  People rib the big tire guys about messing with the bike's given factory handling, but I see alot of streched swingarms on the bikes around here and that isn't exactly as the factory intended either, so don't pose as a roadracer just to knock the big tire guys :bah:  

enough said :thumb:
I wasnt knockin anybody and mike bike is stretched. the 240 tire kept catching while he was doing the burnout making the bike kinda hop foward. From the way everyone knocks wide tire kits, I was expecting to see a non competitive race and I was mistaken. My point being dont assume its slow cause its got a fat tire on it.
my bike

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2008, 07:15:53 AM »
Having lots of performance parts on your bike doesn't necessarily make you fast.

When I first saw a big tire Busa here a few years back I took the piss.  :(

But now I have grown to really like the big tire stuff a lot.
My mates Mark and Beano over here have really shown me how good the phat ass tires look !

It ain't all about speed and performance and as I said most guys with big tuning stuff can`t ride em to save their lives anyway.

Live and let live  :thumb:

I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline Falcon-A

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Rowdy the Raccoon
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2008, 08:01:55 AM »
Some people are into looks not performance. It does look cool and gets attention for the owner. You can call anyone a "poser" if they spend all their time standing by their bike rather then riding it.
 I see posers nearly every time I see harleys. A group of guys standing outside the bar talking about screamin eagle or chicken this and that part etc....

You find this behavior is common in the bike world. Riding and posing go hand in hand. If that makes em happy I guess what the hell.  I personally hate to be associated with the harley posers simply because I can't stand to dress like the Village people and make fart-noises from a rattlin V-twin noise maker.

I would rather dress to survive to ride another day.

I think any one of us could be called a "poser" as I would bet that we all have stood and had conversations next to our bikes. So let the fat tire guys alone.
Follow the crowd and go no where.

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2008, 08:49:23 AM »
so sparky... youve had over 6000 posts!!!  oh my gawd !!??  I am so impressed !  how did you ever find the time ??  :rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2008, 09:04:13 AM »
so sparky... youve had over 6000 posts!!!  how did you ever find the time ??  :rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

i bet it wasn't posting from his smart phone while posing next to his hillclimber-steamroller canyon carver  :idea: