Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: only posers on big tires ?  (Read 57117 times)

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
Re: only posers on big tires ?
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2008, 09:12:10 AM »
awww, another teeney bopper chimes in.  6000 posts..oooooo .. so he must be a "PRO STREET POSTER " !?  WOW !!  haha  NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL  !!!!!! :rfl: :rfl: :rfl: :rfl:

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2008, 09:25:49 AM »
awww, another teeney bopper chimes in. 

hot hardly  :evil: .  i've been shaving for several years now 

Offline BIGART

• Rider
    • http://MSN
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2008, 10:10:08 AM »
TO ME it seems like to each his own.  It wouldn't make any sense to ride a bike that falls in line with what everyone else thinks it should be and you think it sucks.  I think the bike should be set up for what you're going to do with it and what you like.  

I honestly believe that EVERYTHING that can be done to a Busa performance (speed) wise (1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 9/10th's, LSR), HP wise, suspension, electrical, mechanical, cosmetic, etc. has been done to bikes on this site.  I wonder how many $30-50,000 bikes we have on this site (parts, labor, R&D, etc).  I bet there are more than we realize.  Whether it's performance or cosmetic, it's people making their bikes what they want them to be.  I'm assuming, but for what Speed King wants his LSR bike to do, a 240 tire or chrome wheels wouldn't be helpful.  But for what my bike is for, I don't need a lockup clutch or heavy duty springs.  All I have is a pipe, pc, -1 front, 4" over Trac arm and chrome wheels.  My goal is to not get left from light to light and an occasional blast up to about 160.  That's all I need my bike to do.  That's all the money I want to spend.  Some people want their bikes to look a certain way, so they modify.  Some want/need to get EVERY BIT (or more) out of the motor that they can, so they modify.  Some want/need the bike to handle better, so they modify.  Some want/need the bike to do more electrically/electronically, so they modify.  What you do to it all depends on what you're doing with it.

The bottom line, if a 240, long arm, chrome, turbo, big bore kit, Tiger Tail, air shifter, shift light, Ohlins upgrade, Catalyst bodywork, double bubble, lockup clutch or WHATEVER gets your bike to be/do what you want or need, DO THAT SHIT and RIDE THAT BITCH!!!  Let people call you whatever.  Hell, it's YOUR bike.  Be safe.

Art

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
agreed.

different strokes for different folks.
to each his own.

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2008, 10:25:21 AM »

(wonder if anyone remembers this)

back to your thread,   sorry.

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2008, 10:26:19 AM »
WATCHU TALKIN BOUT   :lol:

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »
 :lol: :thumb:

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2008, 11:03:11 AM »
i don't mind lookin at these bikes and they may be ok to ride on the street.  but don't blow smoke and tell these guys a slammed, stretched, steamroller is gonna handle like stock   :?

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2008, 11:07:04 AM »
if my bike looked like this.  i would be one pussy gettin posing mofo   :thumb:

Offline Ksana

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2008, 11:55:35 AM »
TO ME it seems like to each his own.  It wouldn't make any sense to ride a bike that falls in line with what everyone else thinks it should be and you think it sucks.  I think the bike should be set up for what you're going to do with it and what you like.  

I honestly believe that EVERYTHING that can be done to a Busa performance (speed) wise (1/8th mile, 1/4 mile, 9/10th's, LSR), HP wise, suspension, electrical, mechanical, cosmetic, etc. has been done to bikes on this site.  I wonder how many $30-50,000 bikes we have on this site (parts, labor, R&D, etc).  I bet there are more than we realize.  Whether it's performance or cosmetic, it's people making their bikes what they want them to be.  I'm assuming, but for what Speed King wants his LSR bike to do, a 240 tire or chrome wheels wouldn't be helpful.  But for what my bike is for, I don't need a lockup clutch or heavy duty springs.  All I have is a pipe, pc, -1 front, 4" over Trac arm and chrome wheels.  My goal is to not get left from light to light and an occasional blast up to about 160.  That's all I need my bike to do.  That's all the money I want to spend.  Some people want their bikes to look a certain way, so they modify.  Some want/need to get EVERY BIT (or more) out of the motor that they can, so they modify.  Some want/need the bike to handle better, so they modify.  Some want/need the bike to do more electrically/electronically, so they modify.  What you do to it all depends on what you're doing with it.

The bottom line, if a 240, long arm, chrome, turbo, big bore kit, Tiger Tail, air shifter, shift light, Ohlins upgrade, Catalyst bodywork, double bubble, lockup clutch or WHATEVER gets your bike to be/do what you want or need, DO THAT SHIT and RIDE THAT BITCH!!!  Let people call you whatever.  Hell, it's YOUR bike.  Be safe.

Art
Where's the standing ovation smiley. :thumb: :thumb:

But as far as the $30-50K bikes, here. Sooo many. And quite a few well over that! Been modifying for 3 years. And quite a few ideas, I got from the incredible bikes(you can see here).

Hook up your bike, the way you want it :thumb: When I come home from 70hrs on the job. I like to enjoy the fruits of my labor. That's why, I buy what I buy. Down to the smallest details. Most bikes here, the details are too many for the untrained eye. And there's where I get some great project ideas 8)

Grecco, your bike is well put together :thumb:

Offline BIGART

• Rider
    • http://MSN
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 12:35:21 PM »
Grecco's bike has been my screen saver at work for a while now.

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 01:31:03 PM »
smyt.. thatd probably be about the only way youd get a girl if your bike looked like that ! :rfl:  left yourself wide open for that one !!  Relax and enjoy life.  think what the world would be like if EVERYONE looked like you... even your (and i use this loosely) girlfriend !??what if all the bikes looked like yours..assuming you do have one ? R E L A X !!  nobody told you to go out and get a big tire.  youre fine just the way you are ?! :lol:

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #62 on: May 22, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »
why get a bike?  it's easier to just be a keyboard racer.  i can tell people all about my great has been stories and nobody can prove me wrong.  besides, my parents won't let me have a bike

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2008, 03:47:24 PM »
thank you so much for the compliments on my bike.
that just made my day.
 :thumb:

Offline chevelle

• Post Whore
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2008, 05:16:48 PM »
These 2 threads are like a train wreck....i can't stop looking. :lol:   :arg:

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #65 on: May 22, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
These 2 threads are like a train wreck....i can't stop looking. :lol:   :arg:

hey, i'm vacation this week.  leave the trains out of it   :evil:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #66 on: May 22, 2008, 06:32:21 PM »
choo chooooo chuggggg :twisted: j/k be safe and enjoy the vac, where yah going??
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #67 on: May 22, 2008, 06:40:43 PM »
I keep hearing big tire this big tire that. Big tires look good, and make straight lines easier, thats it. Sorry but the increased weight, slower turn in, larger contact area increasing friction all decrease preformance. Weight is such a massive factor on bikes, trying to go from one extreme lean angle to another with an extra 20 lbs back there is suicide, not to mention how much that tire would change geometry going from the flat bottom to full lean look how many inches it has to travel  :bah:  the counter steer imput would increase dramatically so now those 25 laps around the 2.5 mile track would flat wear you out.  For straight lineing and highway stuff a 240 is the bomb, the 109 I am getting has one. But for curves I will stick with what the fastest guys on bikes use 190/60/17 those silly Moto GP techs know a thing or 2 I would guess.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2008, 08:44:57 PM »
choo chooooo chuggggg :twisted: j/k be safe and enjoy the vac, where yah going??

went to michigan last fri for track rental and local track tomorrow night if it don't rain.  this is my work around the house week of vaca   :cry:

Offline 05 busa boy

• Rider
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
last thursday a guy had aa busa with a 240 kit. From this website Ive learned he is slow. He couldnt even do a burnout. Then he proceeded to stomp a couple of 1000's I know were fast. :bah:
if he couldnt do a burnout with a 240 he doesnt know how to ride!

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2008, 12:05:15 PM »
yal are so ?????  big tire is bad ..wont handle .. only posers have big tires..blah blah blah...oh yeh by the way im gettin a 109 with a 250  ???!!!!??? hahahahaha   you cant even get your story straight with yourself !    :rfl: :rfl: :rfl: :rfl: :duh:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »
For straight lineing and highway stuff a 240 is the bomb, the 109 I am getting has one. But for curves I will stick with what the fastest guys on bikes use 190/60/17 those silly Moto GP techs know a thing or 2 I would guess.

You are a moron, flat out. I mean seriously do you just make shit up as you go or what???

I said the 240 is great for straight lines and cruiseing and they look great. But it wont compete on a road course why is that so hard for you to understand????????? I am getting a cruiser to kick back and ride not try to set record lap times and I never once stated I was going to go out carving on the 109.  I also never said only a poser would have a wide tire, you are the one the keeps saying it, you are the one that must belive it as you feel the need to defend it so much.  I am just stateing physics man, adding weight to a gyroscopic effect will only slow down the side to side movement.

Please for the love of god slow down, read, reread and then try to let it sink in before you start yapping.  Maybe your definition of handling is different from mine. I sunk some cash into the Busa to make it handle and spent hours getting the set up just right. Biggest limitation to the bike now is ground clerance, hard parts are close to dragging.  But if you belive the 10" over arm and a 240 tire handle just as good as my bike then take up the offer I made in the other post, should be easy for you to take my cash then  :wink:

Offline busamedic13

• Rider
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2008, 03:55:51 PM »
sure is fun stirring yal up and watching it fly !! :rfl: :rfl:  you and your little support group/groupies have a nice day now ! 

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2008, 04:39:35 PM »
You to Billy have a nice day  8)

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2008, 06:04:45 PM »
sure is fun stirring yal up and watching it fly !! :rfl: :rfl:  you and your little support group/groupies have a nice day now ! 

...is yal supposed to be the same as "y'all"? :lol:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.