Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Gen II Mods so far, Brocks Exhaust, vortex. video  (Read 14541 times)

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
Gen II Mods so far, Brocks Exhaust, vortex. video
« on: May 16, 2008, 10:05:44 AM »
Well just finished the install on the Brocks Short meg full system. Huge weight difference! Went with the Thermal coating. PCIII and Vortex rearsets. Here are some pics and a vid. Poor sound quality on video but in real life it is a little on the loud side, lol.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDaUBLB-I50

Not sure how to add video
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:07:38 AM by FtLaud »

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
Re: Gen II Mods so far, Brocks Exhaust, vortex. video
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 10:09:46 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDaUBLB-I50&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tDaUBLB-I50&amp;hl=en</a>

You just need the address and change the dimensions, quote this post to see it. Use the Flash button -->
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 10:12:02 AM by ADMIN »
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »
Looks good!  Did you have it coated or have Brock do it...?
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 12:26:04 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/tDaUBLB-I50&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/tDaUBLB-I50&amp;hl=en</a>

You just need the address and change the dimensions, quote this post to see it. Use the Flash button -->

thank you

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:29 PM »

I had Brock's thermal coat it. The finish on the whole exhaust is perfect as is there customer service. They are always friendly and a phone call away to answer questions. Well worth the extra money.

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 12:27:42 PM »
very nice  :thumb:  i like the little brother too  :D

Offline 1vapors

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 11:08:42 AM »
There is a warning out about the SHORT Brock pipes be carfull they burn shoe's and legs.
They also make great power and great sound but please be aware.

Man don't you just love the orange and blk paint job.  I'll start my mod after the first oil change.  Which I'll get done this week.
I have the long SMEG.  I think I talk to SPAZ about the BAZZAZ box with the 02 sensor,  Me and my friend do allot of tweeking and not having to go to the DYNO all the time seems like a great Idea.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 11:12:20 AM by 1vapors »

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2008, 11:14:46 AM »
There is a warning out about the SHORT brock pipes be carfull they burn shoe's and legs.
They also make great power and great sound but please be aware.

So riding barefoot would be a mistake? Brock is an outstanding company I hate to see them get a bad rap, common sense people.

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2008, 02:50:47 PM »

I had Brock's thermal coat it. The finish on the whole exhaust is perfect as is there customer service. They are always friendly and a phone call away to answer questions. Well worth the extra money.

are the headers coated black as well as the can and  midpipe? thinkin about getting the short meg this time on the 08. thanks
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2008, 03:27:11 PM »

are the headers coated black as well as the can and  midpipe? thinkin about getting the short meg this time on the 08. thanks
Yes it all thermal coated and light as a feather. the weight difference is amazing. BUT I am switching to a different can. the short meg is too loud in south florida, bummer.

Offline JP4931

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »

Yes it all thermal coated and light as a feather. the weight difference is amazing. BUT I am switching to a different can. the short meg is too loud in south florida, bummer.
[/quote]

Brock does offer a noise reduction plug for you exhaust if you want to give that a try instead of buying another can!!

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 01:47:02 PM »

Brock does offer a noise reduction plug for you exhaust if you want to give that a try instead of buying another can!!
[/quote]

Does not work well on the alien or short meg. DP goes from 109 to 108 approx.