Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: First gear lock out.  (Read 13316 times)

Offline 1vapors

• Rider
First gear lock out.
« on: June 03, 2008, 11:01:44 AM »
Has anyone found out hot to disable the First gear lock out on the 08 Busa.

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
Re: First gear lock out.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:38:39 PM »
Has anyone found out hot to disable the First gear lock out on the 08 Busa.
What are you talking about ?

Offline 1vapors

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
Some time when you stop at a light when you go to put the bike back in first it wont go so you have to let the clutch back out then pull it in again before it goes into first.  Dealers say it some kind of safety thing.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 03:32:20 PM »
Never heard that one
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2008, 03:58:45 PM »
yea somebody inlighten us.. never heard of that...?????????????
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline Streaker00

• Post Master
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2008, 07:07:08 PM »
I wouldn't say it's a lock out, mine and a buddies sometimes doesn't like to go into 1st. You have to roll it forward a little.

Offline Heat1Up

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 08:48:29 PM »
Its not a lock out. I think all the Gen II's do this. Just let out the clutch a tad while stepping down the shifter and pulling the clutch back in. Viola!!! Your in first gear and ready to go!

Offline FtLaud

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 08:59:11 PM »
Safety issue???!!!!!!
Someone is pulling your chain. Light turns green you can't get into first, that is a safety concern.
I have that problem all the time. Service people said, That's just the way they are." Not the answer I want to hear. If enough people would complain perhaps we could get a recall. It is a little of a pain in the a**.

Offline portagee

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 09:28:59 PM »
when mine doesnt click right into first i just keep pushing down on the shifter and slowly release the clutch, goes in gear every time. :thumb:
Joe Faria   
PORTAGEE RACING
FIELDS PERFORMANCE
BUMBLE BEE MOTORSPORTS
PCP MOTORSPORTS

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 12:11:51 AM »
....... ohhhh.... yea it happens on my 08.. just pull in the clutch then release pull clutch back in put  it in gear. done.

just figured sometimes i just have to double clutch it.. hopefully just happen less as bike breakin more...???
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline 1vapors

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 10:17:27 AM »
I also pull in the clutch and release it and it works was wondering if there was a work around.

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »
I think it just has to do with syncronizing gears... not really a safety issue and usually only happens if you don't use each gear as you down shift but I did have an issue the other night that ticked me off. driving in 6th gear pull the clutch an try to kick it down two gears and it gets stuck between gears? No gear on the indicator and when I let out the clutch it pops into 5th!

Offline ssvincels1

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 06:08:35 PM »
my o5 used to do the same crap
just like everyone else said, let out on the clutch a bit and it'll go in

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 12:39:01 PM »
With a few k miles it should smooth out some. The edges of the dogs are sharp and probably grabbing a little, once they wear in and round a little it should go away. No syncros or anything like that, if you let the clutch out a little so the plates just start to grab while pushing down on the shifter it will pop right in. My 109 does this and my 05 used to do it before I had the gear undercut, most new constant mesh transmissions will do it, its the nature of the beast. Look up constant mesh transmission and once you see how they work it will make sence.

Like I said push down like shifting into first and let the clutch out a little bit and it will click right in.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline SuperBikeFan08

• Rider
  • Bird Gang MC......Bitch!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
not really a safety issue and usually only happens if you don't use each gear as you down shift

+1. It happens more when you dont realease the clutch on each gear.  When Im coming to a stop,I release the clutch on each gear,I DONT try to go from 6th down to 1st with one clutch pull.

"Riding the clutch" will also wear it out faster.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:12:46 PM by SuperBikeFan08 »
President Obama, I Support Gun Control... I Practice It Everytime I Go To The Range For Target Practice!!! LoL

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2008, 09:25:43 PM »
Wet clutch multi plate system low load, low rpm you could slip it till you are blue in the face and not hurt it. Most low speed stuff should be down slipping the clutch, makes the bike much much more controlable.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline poboybusa

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2008, 05:58:03 PM »
please tell me you don't sit at lights in neutral. did your H-D, have the same problem????   :duh: :duh: :duh:

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2008, 11:30:09 PM »
I sit at lights in N once a car is behind me, course I had Heavy Duty springs in my Busa and it was murder on my hands  :wink:

Course I never had a problem getting it into first gear, some ppl just need to learn how the clutch works.  :thumb:

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 10:26:09 AM »
From what I understand it has to do with gears meshing together. If they aren't lined up properly it simply won't go. You can try the double clutch method like some people mentioned or you can roll the bike forwards or backwards to spin the gears a little and then they line up. My 08 Busa did this for a little while, I'm at 1,800 miles and it hasen't happened. So the explanation someone gave about rounding out the edges (I'm paraphrazing) makes perfect sense.
By the way, I'm new hear and love the site, thanks for having me. I'll post pics of my Busa shortly, I suck with computers so I need my wife to post them for me.