Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 06 Busa Wont rev over 8K  (Read 5898 times)

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
06 Busa Wont rev over 8K
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:09:46 PM »
Last night I was out of town and almost out of gas so I put street gas back in the bike since I had no access to race gas at the time. The bike has been running VERY good no problems UNTIL AFTER I put the street gas in. Bike would run fine then up until around 8K then it would just fall flat on its face and refuse to rev any higher.

Today I get new plugs and put in figured it wouldn't hurt so I put fresh NGK CR9E's in now its even worse. I started the bike and noticed it sounded rough and the FI light was on. Rev the bike sounds bad like one cylinder is only hitting about half way. I pulled air box and checked to make sure all the coils where on the plugs tight and still the same no better. I changed the plugs one at a time so I know I don't have a wire crossed.

If anyone has any ideas I'm welcome to them I don't know where to go from here really I'm not a technician I'm a parts changer if I know whats wrong generally I can fix it.

Offline Busa Quick

• Post Master
Re: 06 Busa Wont rev over 8K
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 12:53:52 PM »

What are the mods and specs of your bike? Need specific details to make guesses on problem.

Mark
Black and Purple 04, MY MODS: Turbo, .08 spacer, s2000 injectors, yosh cams 7.2 spring, heavy clutch springs, APE valve springs, raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpm with ignition cut only, using only stock ECM with Petrik reprogramming method,

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 11:54:47 PM »
Not a long mod list Just set of slip ons, PCIII,TRE,MPS Auto Shift. I got part of the problem solved today took to dealer and where able to pull a code wasn't firing right on #2. Put another new plug in #2 hole and it fires.  I did not get to take out and see if it would run out so don't know if it still wont rev past around 8K.

Offline genarr3

• Post Master
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 07:21:37 AM »
Check the kick stand switch. I know it sounds like a long shot but I know a guy that had this problem and a bad connection at that switch was doing it.
You should also look at the MPS kill box that works with your air shifter. I'd try it disconnected. That could very easily be malfunctioning and killing that #2 cylinder.

What kind of race gas you using? Oxygenated fuel? Or just high octane? If it's just high octane it's not doing anything for you.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:23:08 AM by genarr3 »
Orient Express Top Street Bike 2011 Season Champ Englishtown NJ

Offline 00Busa

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 07:34:29 AM »
If the F/I light is coming on CHECK THE CODE, that's what will lead you to your problem. You can check it with a paper clip.
'00 Busa / '06 1K / '12 HD-SG
BE SAFE - HAVE FUN !

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 10:00:51 AM »
Think the number 2 was a bad plug. I put another new plug in when it wasn't firing and also reseated the harness that goes to the coil. On the fuel I an running torco 110 and the bike likes it better than the pump our pump gas here is horrible. Oh and the MIPS box I have it controlled with a switch on the dash so its only on when I turn it on.

Offline JW OLDBUSA

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 08:12:13 PM »
Take a gas sample from the tank and look for water or some contamination. See if it smells like diesel. If it happened after you re fueled, you may have a bad tank of fuel.
1397= MY AFFORDABLE TURBO

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 10:33:54 PM »
I drained the tank today the gas smelled fine and looked fine. I refilled with my stock of fuel and after abit the bike cleared out and will now run like it should.  It had to just have been shitty gas but thats nothing new. I filled my quad up a couple weeks ago and it wouldn't run for nothing. I drained that fuel filled with fresh and dumped some sea foam in it. Still doesn't run great but its getting better.  Its bad when your paying 4 dollars a gallon for watered down gas. Get screwed two ways.

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 09:04:39 AM »
I just twist the fault code wires together so the fault code shows up instantly when it occurs.It tells me that my throttle position sensor is adjusted correctly when its idling and tends to behave itself as it knows its being watched. :lol:I have a dynojet quickshifter and it throws c32-c35 codes up regardless of shift speed but doesn,t affect the performance.You also don,t won,t the fuel level sensor to play up c92 as it fixes the air fuel ratio.Jamming a syphon hose into the tank taught me that one.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far