Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2nd Gen tuners help me understand things please  (Read 4792 times)

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
2nd Gen tuners help me understand things please
« on: November 03, 2009, 08:59:51 AM »
Getting ready over the off season(winter) to have my 2008 Busa tuned for a 40hp nitrous shot. Nice and safe, should be a fun ride.

I have no one local that does the ECM tuning, so I went with a PCv. I am not sure that I am capable of tuning the bike myself when using ECM tuning software. Sometimes knowing our limits is a good thing so we don't screw our bikes up. LOL

We all know the PCv plugs into the primary injectors.

We are all learning that as you get into the higher RPM range and throttle opening on the bike, it moves fueling from the primary injectors to the secondaries.

SO, using the PCv hooked to the primary injectors, I will get a great map for my NA side of the PCv.

When I am spraying the nitrous, I will be on the secondaries, so there will be no extra fuel added, because the PCv has no control over them.

SO, is the solution to add another PCv to the secondaries(so I will have two PCvs on the bike) or just simply move the PCv to the secondaries and let the primaries work without the control of a PCv?

The bike so far has run flawlessly without a PCv controlling anything.

Someone out there has had to do this already.

And cue Smithabusa in 5,4,3,2,1.....   :lol:  :thumb:

Offline SKILLZ

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: 2nd Gen tuners help me understand things please
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »
It doesnt move from one to the other they both come in above 6k.   0rpm to 6k primary    6k to limiter  primary and secondary...  Most guys can spray 50 without getting an additional PC, so with a good tune you should be fine at 40hp.
8.95 @152.40 on 06 stock bore N/A

08' 8.75 @159.18 stock bore N/A  @1900" DA

Offline Yngve

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 11:37:49 AM »
The way I see it it is PERFECT that the PCV "only" controls the primaries because its the Primaries that you can add most fuel to.

When you are at WOT the secondaries are already at 80% duty cycle meaning that you only have 10 % to play with at most ( you cannot go 100%, or rather you should not go 100% duty cycle ).
The primaries on the other hand are around 20% duty cycle and since the PSV can add 250% fuel the primaries can go up to 70% duty cycle.
I dont know what I am talking about but I do know that I am right :)

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:53:30 AM »
If you want to be able to control both the primaries and the secondaries and you already have a PCV then get the secondary controller through dynojet. they link together and controls both sets of injectors and is cheaper i believe than buying 2 PCV's. with the way suzuki did the injectors is as Yngve said. they share the load that the motor needs as the rpms go up. when in the upper rpms the secondaries are up high in the duty cycle and the the primaries are firing at a low duty cycle. i had heard that someone did the crush reg mod up to 55psi and was doing a 100 shot on motor and 300whp with the injectors still not maxing out.
When injustice becomes law, Resistance becomes DUTY! -Thomas Jefferson

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 12:20:43 PM »
Really great info guys. Thank you very much. Saves me a few bucks towards other fun stuff for the bike.  :thumb:

Offline 6002abusa

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 01:17:58 PM »
This is why I went with Bazzaz. It controls all inj.s

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 03:48:09 PM »
Thats why i went with ECU tuning so i can adjust fuel, timing, boost fuel, solenoid boost control and air shifter control!  :lol:

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:15 PM »
Do you tune it yourself egarms, or do you have access to a dyno tuner that knows the software?

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 08:28:11 AM »
No one in Denver knows how to dyno tune with EE2. I did everything myself with a dl-32, lc-1 and xd-16. when using the boost fuel the program worked awesome. no changes but to swap to boost fuel and under boost hit 11.3 afr. some of the lower throttle %'s were a little lean so i adjusted those and so on. never really played with cruising around since im now lowering compression and upping the boost. once i get it back together then im going to have to remap everything anyway so no point. im trying to work with someone in the area that will try to tune with it. my first time tuning for turbo busa but with a couple questions answered by smithabusa it was VERY easy to tune. given i have tuned a couple of other cars n trucks but with ee2 it was very easy to figure out. with the xd-16 you can change to display boost, throttle %(makes tuning easier), afr, etc whatever you want to set it to. have a couple of them and display more.

Offline bikefrk

• Post Whore
  • WestSide,Mi
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 12:29:15 PM »
With my proximity to Smithabusa I should just off the damn PCv and get over to his place.

Not going to happen now. We just listed our house for sale so all free $$ are headed towards moving now. Guess I stay with the 20shot and call it good until we land where we land on this move.  :thumb:

Offline TurboGen2

• Post Whore
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 01:44:53 PM »
With my proximity to Smithabusa I should just off the damn PCv and get over to his place.

Not going to happen now. We just listed our house for sale so all free $$ are headed towards moving now. Guess I stay with the 20shot and call it good until we land where we land on this move.  :thumb:

I know how it is with the move. i just barely bought a house and hopefully im going to be closing at the end of this week or beginning of next week. with the ecu tuning i would highly recommend it. you have much more tuning capabilities then with a PC. you can change timing, fuel, boost fuel for turbos, soloenoid boost control, activate kill for both fuel and spark for using air shifters and can have an MSO map for nitrous. you can have your regular MS map for driving everyday and then when you go to the track then hit the switch and go to your MSO nitrous map. gen2 you can do pretty much everything with the stock ecu and no piggyback computers needed. definately hit up smithabusa for your ecu tuning needs. hope this helps

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 10:11:13 PM »
just sell that PC already, order a turbo, and do boost fuel tuning with ecu  :lol:
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com