Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Air Box Mod  (Read 13010 times)

Offline JohnnyBKing

• Rider
Air Box Mod
« on: June 17, 2008, 08:30:34 PM »
I took the rubber tubes and the plastic things out, is there anything else that is recommended???
2008 B King, RCC stage II Turbo, Wossner Rods And Pistons, SS Valves W/65lb. Springs, Studs And All The Other Goodies, AMS-1000

Offline magnum_1300

• Rider
    • www.suzukib-king.org
Re: Air Box Mod
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »
what other mods do you have

I trim my stock hole for a bigger one and put a 08 busa stack to replace it  2'' instead 1.25 intake hole

« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:31:52 PM by magnum_1300 »
Boosted by RCC

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 05:31:21 PM »
how did it feel after Mario ?
did you remap ?
Official Site Donor

Offline magnum_1300

• Rider
    • www.suzukib-king.org
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 09:38:23 PM »
how did it feel after Mario ?
did you remap ?

I felt a hugh diff,,i install busa headers gen 1 with underseat slip on dévil,no cata no set valve ,air filter pipercross and map the bike with a Bazzaz selfmapping,,i try both on the road and dyno,, a/f is very similar 12.8
I make 182 at the wheel with 102 lbs torque,,,humid air and warm 90 deg
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 09:41:19 PM by magnum_1300 »
Boosted by RCC

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
here is a few pics of the air box I did...

Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline Oz Booster

• Site Donor
  • Mad Post Whore
  • aka Maj T
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 06:07:54 PM »
Used to do that sort of thing on the old Daytona 595, they had very small intake tubes , they were removed and 2" tubing fitted, gave a great seat of the pants feel but i remember some time around then Marc at Factory Pro commenting the std Daytona airbox was the first he had seen with a positive internal pressure and wondered if i had traded hp for sound and feel ??? never dyno'd to know for sure.....
Official Site Donor

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:44:32 PM »
you are probabaly right, the sound of the bike seems to be raspyer....feels a little different..?? but who knows..it will be on the dyno soon...
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 05:18:13 PM »
I'm thinking of running a fresh air duct, around where the emison canister used to be. :wink: And if your close to my age then you probably remember the old weiand cast aluminum single 4 barrel scoop that bolted right onto the carb. You know, the ones with the cooling fins molded right into the scoop. I've been toying with the idea building my own ram air. Hell just getting some fresh cool air in the engine would be a big help. Goes right back to dragracing 101. :wink:
No computer operating busa freak!

Offline glenn71

• Post Master
  • Gen 1 stock length allmotor tragic
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 06:44:20 AM »
You can be worried about wave tuning and all the rest of it or you can just try and focus on making the air that gets into the engine do the least about of work possible,less direction changes and less changes in velocity,will improve the air laminar flow.Thats the policy i adopted and picked up an overall improvement and on a dyno at least,especially down low torque.Doing a before and after on road air fuel run may give you some indication if you,ve improved things.Taking away a slight vacuum on the intake will always make it a bit harder to map low throttle settings though.
Gen1 the original and the best
8.76@165.42mph so far

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 06:07:04 AM »
You can be worried about wave tuning and all the rest of it or you can just try and focus on making the air that gets into the engine do the least about of work possible,less direction changes and less changes in velocity,will improve the air laminar flow.Thats the policy i adopted and picked up an overall improvement and on a dyno at least,especially down low torque.Doing a before and after on road air fuel run may give you some indication if you,ve improved things.Taking away a slight vacuum on the intake will always make it a bit harder to map low throttle settings though.
   That makes alot of sense. Notes taken!
No computer operating busa freak!