Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Why not to use Fed Ex Ground for your turbo kit delivery -UPDATED-  (Read 11781 times)

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
Just an FYI about using Fed Ex Ground.

So after a 4 1/2 week wait the turbo kit I ordered from Stedman was supposed to be delivered today. It was actually put on the truck but the driver decided to call it an early day and went home before delivering my kit. I called Fed Ex and was told that they deliver up to 7:00PM and give it some more time…I waited till 6:00 and then called again only to find out the driver stopped delivering at 5:15 and that the package will be delivered on Monday. I was planning on racing this weekend and spent most of the week prepping so now my plans are fucked due to this BS  :evil: read on...

Here is the kicker…Fed Ex Ground is a separate entity from Federal Express and it is actually operated by an independent contractor that “doesn’t have to abide by typical Fed Ex principals and policies” according to Fed Ex customer support. The delivery driver doesn’t even go back to a sorting facility or distribution center so right now my kit is sitting in a Fed Ex van somewhere in the Denver area for the next two days. What pisses me off even more is that I was charged $100 for this crappy delivery service   :evil: :evil: :evil:

So when you order a kit from Stedman or anyone else ask for UPS or DHL....you might get charged an arm and a leg but at least you'll get your kit.

HERE'S THE UPDATE:

I finally got the kit....MINUS THE TURBO AND HEADER!!!!! and a few other parts like the fuel rail "T" fittings and block off plate O-rings. The FMU has no name on it so I am wondering if its a RCC custom unit but it also looks like it was used....the fitting opening has thread sealer residue all over it and some particles are inside so now it looks like I have to take it apart and clean it (WTF???)

Also, it wasn't Fed Ex's fault at all. Whoever shipped the box from Stedman forgot to put my complete shipping address including suite number and company. I almost got the driver fired because of this "oversight." I bought my first kit from Stedmans and didnt have any issues...now I am wondering if I should have bought from RCC direct :( Of course Stedmans is closed on Monday so I can't get an answer as to where my fricken turbo and header are  :evil:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 04:31:04 PM by 5280 Busa »

2003 Turbo Busa with a few mods
2013 BMW S1000RR HP4 Competition # 1273
2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
Re: Why not to use Fed Ex Ground for your turbo kit delivery
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »
I have had problems with DSL and UPS in the past...now granted they are probably the most reliable...but at least when they either lost my part or failed to deliver in a timely manner they refunded my money or paid for the part...you should contact their costomer service and tell them of the down time you expeienced as a racer due to their lack of service, you should be due a refund of some sort.

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 09:49:54 PM »
Heads are rolling on Monday :!:

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 09:56:11 PM »
I been in your shoes...be persistent and I'm sure they will do right for you...I told them in the past that time is money and they costed me so they were quick to reimbursed me shipping. 

Offline Jailer

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
Yup and Fed ex home delivery is operated by yet another entity. Luckily, I'm in good with all my delivery guys so they look out for me.  :thumb:

Your shit is actually sitting in the delivery guys driveway. The truck are owned and operated by the driver. Fed ex express is the only one operated by fed ex.

I still prefer Fed ex over UPS. Makes my blood boil watching UPS tracking on line and see my shit sitting in a depot for a day or two because it is ahead of schedule.   :evil: :evil: :finger:

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2008, 10:54:19 PM »
Through work we had to use DHL for a while, they were by far the worst company i ever dealt with.  About 50% of the time our overnight shipments would make it there, well 1 out of 2 boxes would, the second would show up a couple days later, sometimes a week later.
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 11:08:13 PM »
Yup and Fed ex home delivery is operated by yet another entity. Luckily, I'm in good with all my delivery guys so they look out for me.  :thumb:

Your shit is actually sitting in the delivery guys driveway. The truck are owned and operated by the driver. Fed ex express is the only one operated by fed ex.

I still prefer Fed ex over UPS. Makes my blood boil watching UPS tracking on line and see my shit sitting in a depot for a day or two because it is ahead of schedule.   :evil: :evil: :finger:

At least if the my shit is stolen UPS would be accountable(sp?)...the dickhead with my shit in his truck isn't...but his ass is kickable.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »
Through work we had to use DHL for a while, they were by far the worst company i ever dealt with.  About 50% of the time our overnight shipments would make it there, well 1 out of 2 boxes would, the second would show up a couple days later, sometimes a week later.

See I had great experience with DHL...If it was the real Fed Ex it would have got delivered at the very least I could have gone to the sorting facility and picket it up.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline dharp65

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2008, 07:32:38 AM »
 :(

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »
The only one I have not had a problem with is UPS.

Towards the end of May I had some Trans Am seats shipped to me via FedEx Freight.  Long story short, the correct street address is 8113 but they had entered it as 813.  They wanted to charge me the $59 reconsignment fee, claiming it was my error.  I was put on a conference call with corporate and they waived the fee.

Offline Nakedbusa

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 11:16:05 AM »
When all the delivery companys put their drivers on private contractor status they lost all control of what happens. If they would have kept them on as employees then they would have much better service.

The services wanted to cut costs on operations and it is shooting themselves in the foot.

I ship USPS whenever possible. A lot of the time its cheaper.

Offline BandR

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 11:52:41 AM »
5280, I'm sorry about the service you have recieved. however you need to get your facts straight. fed ex home delivery works on saturdays so your package should be out for delivery. fed ex ground and home delivery are both owned by independent contractors, if the driver took the truck home he was with home delivery. there should have been a exemption code scanned to your tracking number and explained why the package was not delivered. did it require a signature? or was there a doorknocker left on your door? we are responsible for claims as well, so we end up paying for items not recieved. I own 3 routes in fed ex ground, I do 1 and have 2 guys working for me on the other routes, we just cant call it a day when we feel like it and we do have to follow all the rules that fed ex express has. once again, sorry about your package I hope you get it today.

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 10:25:07 PM »
sorry to hear about your misfortune but I couldn't help but sit here with my girl and laugh my ass off because of the similarities with a situation I had this year with fed ex ground. I had to drive over an hour to go pick up a package because of 4 deliveries they couldn't schedule properly... It sucks and I wish you luck

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 12:15:01 PM »
5280, I'm sorry about the service you have recieved. however you need to get your facts straight. fed ex home delivery works on saturdays so your package should be out for delivery. fed ex ground and home delivery are both owned by independent contractors, if the driver took the truck home he was with home delivery. there should have been a exemption code scanned to your tracking number and explained why the package was not delivered. did it require a signature? or was there a doorknocker left on your door? we are responsible for claims as well, so we end up paying for items not recieved. I own 3 routes in fed ex ground, I do 1 and have 2 guys working for me on the other routes, we just cant call it a day when we feel like it and we do have to follow all the rules that fed ex express has. once again, sorry about your package I hope you get it today.

This was being delivered to my office not my home. I was told by Fed Ex customer support that this driver does not go back to a distribution center and the only way I will get me package is wait until Monday. So my "facts" come straight from Fed Ex customer support.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 01:12:07 PM »
I have never had any good luck at all with FedEx ground.

UPS is more expensive but the customer service and delivery is the best bar none!

Offline BandR

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 07:26:24 PM »
well I'm sorry they gave you bum scoop, if it was fed ex ground the truck would have come back to the terminal and not the drivers house. if the shipper marked it for fed ex home delivery and sent it to a business thats probably why you did not get the package, fed ex ground would have had a manager bring it from the terminal or another driver drop it off on their way home. home delivery does not work on mondays. if you want to pm me the tracking number I will try to find out where it is or get you a direct number for the terminal in your area.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
Please do not take this the wrong way however if you thought you would get a kit Friday and "race" on Saturday or Sunday you were already in trouble.  Fittment issues, other parts might be needed, tuning, dyno time, chassis work etc.

What race organisation "raced" this weekend ??

Was it just a local race series?

Either way you will have a kit and be boosted!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

J
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
Re: Why not to use Fed Ex Ground for your turbo kit delivery -UPDATED-
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 04:23:46 PM »
the fmu i got directly from Rcc has no markings or writing on it.

i am curious as to what turbo you will get from stedman when it does show up. i spoke with him awhile back about what actual turbo would come with his kit but there was a little confusion as to what i would get. it was the $3400 kit and all i was sure about after talking with jay is that it was not going to be the same turbo Richard was offering. that is why i decided to get it directly from Richard. good luck with your purchase :thumb:

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 04:36:56 PM »
the fmu i got directly from Rcc has no markings or writing on it.

i am curious as to what turbo you will get from stedman when it does show up. i spoke with him awhile back about what actual turbo would come with his kit but there was a little confusion as to what i would get. it was the $3400 kit and all i was sure about after talking with jay is that it was not going to be the same turbo Richard was offering. that is why i decided to get it directly from Richard. good luck with your purchase :thumb:

when I eventually get it I will post pics.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 12:33:54 AM »
 :ppcrn:

Offline Flash Jorden

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 04:20:16 PM »

Offline TTLex

• Mad Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 06:05:06 PM »
Did I miss something on this thread??? So did the Fed Ex guy lose/ take the missing parts, or did the shop forget to send them? If its the later of the two, you should be spending less time bitching about Fed Ex and more so on the shop. Doesnt matter how quick you get your shit if half of it aint there!!
03 Bumble Bee Busa

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 06:24:01 PM »
Did I miss something on this thread??? So did the Fed Ex guy lose/ take the missing parts, or did the shop forget to send them? If its the later of the two, you should be spending less time bitching about Fed Ex and more so on the shop. Doesnt matter how quick you get your shit if half of it aint there!!

I thought I posted an update on this somewhere...Stedman didn't put the entire shipping address on the box so the driver didnt now where to deliver it...typical!

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline TTLex

• Mad Post Whore
  • Where am I?
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
yeah, I read that, but didnt you say that the turbo, header, and some other stuff were missing?
03 Bumble Bee Busa

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 10:44:28 PM »
FedEx does a horrible job here I ordered a lift kit for a truck several years back and they said they could not find my house and there was no number on the box to call me and that there driver did not have a phone. Driver never attempted to deliver it had VERY clear directions from the interstate to my house and my phone number on all 5 boxes took an extra week to get. When they do manage to get things here they leave them either in front of the garage or propped up against the front door for everyone that drives by to see we pay to much money for our stuff to be sat out on display for anyone to see and pick up. BTW hope you get everything and best of luck.

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 12:43:38 AM »
yeah, I read that, but didnt you say that the turbo, header, and some other stuff were missing?

yeah...kept getting the run around. Still waiting for a FMU rebuild kit....should have bought from RCC direct and saved myself some grief   :roll:

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 01:16:20 AM »
Cant send back tell them shove it? I buy all big ticket items on CC if If it is not what it was represented to be they take it back or CC company gets involved.  Been through that on several things all I want and I am sure you are the same is what I paid for. When  they cannot give you that then they should take there product back and give you back your hard earned money.

Offline BrianK

• Post Master
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 05:02:15 PM »

yeah...kept getting the run around. Still waiting for a FMU rebuild kit....should have bought from RCC direct and saved myself some grief   :roll:

what brand turbo did he put in the kit?

07 RCC STAGE1  STAGE 2

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2008, 02:22:46 PM »
this is just getting too common these days  :evil:

Offline busabill1397

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 11:26:27 PM »

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 08:54:04 AM »
I got my stuff back in the day from motorhead and had nothing but problems getting parts, the right parts, and he told me I would get... Over the years now, I just chalk it up to doing business getting a turbo kit, although Jake did well with Velocity and their support. I have talked to Richard over the phone and bought a couple of parts from him without a problem as well...

Good luck Scott; it'll work out... Getting late in the season to ride though... :(