Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Let's see your Busa in action!  (Read 90737 times)

Offline Justin_H

• New User!
Re: Let's see your Busa in action!
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2010, 08:00:50 AM »
Thanks, I enjoyed yours too- your wife is a good sport!  Mine used to like riding on the back of my old Interceptor, but on the Hayabusa she gets tired of hanging on after just a few miles.

Offline macon454

• Rider
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2010, 04:29:57 PM »
Thanks, I enjoyed yours too- your wife is a good sport!  Mine used to like riding on the back of my old Interceptor, but on the Hayabusa she gets tired of hanging on after just a few miles.

:thumb:, Mine does to sometimes.
181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09

Offline Justin_H

• New User!
« Reply #102 on: February 06, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
I posted a couple videos from VIR on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Fast92Coupe?feature=mhsn.  Hope you guys like them.

Justin

Offline macon454

• Rider
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »
Cool video :thumb:
181.552 mph Texas mile on a B-King 3/28/09

Offline Petricak

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Me and my wine red dream.
    • Cool Rider
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2011, 07:46:19 PM »
Hi guys, I was on the Brno Circuit with GH-Moto agency. Three hours of open pitlane riding was pretty cool. My best time was about 2:54 which is too slow, but it was great experience. There are many things to improve on my ride, for example breaking point, visual skills and body position, but it gave me great lesson which can't be taken on road. There was professional photographer, so the pictures look really great and I'm looking forward for the full size photos. Hope you enjoy it.
http://www.fotorejda.com/2011/Klub/09_09-OPEN-PIT-LINE-069-995/Gallery/index5.html

Btw. I did use the Bridgestone Battlax BT-023 sport-touring tyres and they performed really great even with worn-out front tyre on the marks which already ran almost 15000 km. 8)
"DUBITO ERGO COGITO, COGITO ERGO SUM"

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
One more

Dude you a fucking Phyco, one minute its a girlfriend the next your wife. Do you give fucking lessons.  :thumb: :thumb: Showoff
I have one inch chicken strips on my 200+hp 750 with brandnew pilot pures,bet you could really make me feel shitty about my skills.jerk
I just stumbled onto this thread, but I sure as hell would never admit to haveing 1 in chiken strips,  :eek:     :hys:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • I'VE UPPED MY STANDARDS ,,, SO UP YOURS!
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2011, 12:35:10 AM »
Hi guys, I was on the Brno Circuit with GH-Moto agency. Three hours of open pitlane riding was pretty cool. My best time was about 2:54 which is too slow, but it was great experience. There are many things to improve on my ride, for example breaking point, visual skills and body position, but it gave me great lesson which can't be taken on road. There was professional photographer, so the pictures look really great and I'm looking forward for the full size photos. Hope you enjoy it.
http://www.fotorejda.com/2011/Klub/09_09-OPEN-PIT-LINE-069-995/Gallery/index5.html

Btw. I did use the Bridgestone Battlax BT-023 sport-touring tyres and they performed really great even with worn-out front tyre on the marks which already ran almost 15000 km. 8)

It's good to see you out on Brno tearing it up!  :tu: This is you?

Keep posting pic,, even a movie would be good. Love that course! Do you know Slugi?
-Chris

גַּבְרִיאֵל guide me to the light ישוע המשיח

Offline Petricak

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • Cool Rider
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2011, 06:38:32 AM »

It's good to see you out on Brno tearing it up!  :tu: This is you?

Keep posting pic,, even a movie would be good. Love that course! Do you know Slugi?

Hi, of course I know SLUGI, actually, we are the best friends. :thumb: And you're right, starting number 102 is mine. I was the only one crazy man, who tries to compete with light and often race modified bikes with completely stock K7 Hayabusa. Masaryk circuit at Brno is great track and I really love it. Most bikes braked me out, because I tried to ride carefully and it's not easy for me such a heave bike flick into the turn as quickly as needed. But there were some who saw my back. :twisted: Especially on exits could my Busa show her muscles and I feeled that tyres hold much more gas than I actually had. Below are pictures how they look after the event.

Here are some other photos:
http://www.pokusnak.xf.cz/ABC/GH2/okruh/index.html
http://www.pokusnak.xf.cz/ABC/GH2/paddock/index.html

« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:49:48 AM by Petricak »

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »
Looks snotty  :mrgreen:

Try running a 190 or better 180 on rear. Also EBC 'HH' pads with steel braided lines should help. All in all, mate. :tu:
-Chris

Offline Petricak

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • Cool Rider
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »
Looks snotty  :mrgreen:

Try running a 190 or better 180 on rear. Also EBC 'HH' pads with steel braided lines should help. All in all, mate. :tu:
I'm using the size recommended by the manufacturer, which means 120/70 on front and 190/50 on rear. Both BT-023 sport-touring and the bike is very agile and really likes twisties.

Braking pads are now from Carbone Lorraine sintered metal and they're bit better than the original one from Tokico. Some people recommended me softer pads to improve the braking power. My bike is now four years old so the original braking hoses needs to be replaced and I want to use the steel armoured ones to prevent fading.

The problem is on my side, because I have still bad sense for speed and weight. Simply applying brakes too hard and too early. I'm quite small and haven't enough strength which is needed for that kind of bike. I also have to improve my visual skills, because sometimes I do many steering corrections which is mistake. Also my body position is not optimal, because most of the time I use my Hayabusa for long distance touring and that doesn't teach you the right things for harder and faster ride. Of course long journey doesn't mean I ride only in a straight line, I really love winding roads with twisties, but I have to ride much more carefull because of other traffic. Brno is great circuit, but also expensive and there is no other possibility where to learn to use all of Hayabusa potencial.

I'm studying the video and also book from Keith Code, probably you'll know Twist of the wrist II. which is totally outstanding and helps me a lot to improve my riding. :tu:
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:24:44 PM by Petricak »

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2011, 06:00:26 PM »
I have in my "library room" "Twist of the Wrist" by Mr. Code.   It has been very helpful over the years.  Counter steering is critical.  Also, you must pick your line and keep the bike marginally accelerating all the way thru the turn.  I was amazed.  It all works.   
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Petricak

• Apprentice Post Whore
    • Cool Rider
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2011, 03:56:27 PM »
I have in my "library room" "Twist of the Wrist" by Mr. Code.   It has been very helpful over the years.  Counter steering is critical.  Also, you must pick your line and keep the bike marginally accelerating all the way thru the turn.  I was amazed.  It all works.   
As you wrote, Keith Code is real professional and his work is really great. His superbike school is the university of bike riding and the best from the best riders of the world comes to him for advice. He developed also training program for the US Armed forces because motorbikes are still wide used by soldiers.

You're right, counter steering it's the main secret. I ride fourth season and know that rule, but it's not easy to use it always in the real world, because the body is used to initiate the turn instead the arms on the bars. Picking up the right line is about visual skills and I know that there's much to improve. The acceleration is needed for the proper weight distribution, especially with the full fuel tank. :tu:

Offline JHerheim

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2011, 04:58:24 PM »
I had to bring out the back up bike to teach a class and do a little control Riding.     The Clutch cover wasn't helping my confidence that day.    At least I was only in charge of the newbies.   

The busas has only been on track 3 times,  it's not my first choice.   But I had a minor argument with my 1k and it won.

So,  In haste I picked up another 08 1k, and then got a 636 for a track toy.     

The faces of people when I roll out onto hot pit with the busa are priceless.    It's kinda fun, but a lot of work,

Prior to that,  my favorite picture pre-argument of the 1k

Offline Ghost-Geezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
  • Older But Still Sexy
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »
That is friggin' insane.  More power to ya!!!!  Awesome.  :tu: :bike:
"The thrill of Boost cannot be duplicated on earth."

"One drink is too many and a thousand is not enuf."

"Step UP or Step Aside"

"Four wheels moves the body,
Two wheels moves the soul."

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2011, 11:10:32 PM »
The Busa is actually pretty fun to ride on a road course. I made it more fun by upgrading to Ohlins suspension and Nissin Radial brakes from a ZX14R.....as well as Slicks of course. The bike is a hoot to ride with only 160hp, bike lightened up to 490lbs w/1 gallon of fuel and +6 rear sprocket.

Offline Cookie

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2011, 09:50:14 PM »
The Busa is actually pretty fun to ride on a road course. I made it more fun by upgrading to Ohlins suspension and Nissin Radial brakes from a ZX14R.....as well as Slicks of course. The bike is a hoot to ride with only 160hp, bike lightened up to 490lbs w/1 gallon of fuel and +6 rear sprocket.

Nice, front and back? Cost? Pics or it didn't happen.  :mrgreen:
-Chris

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2011, 08:05:30 AM »
Yea. I'll take some pics tonight

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2011, 05:24:16 PM »
 :bike:
-Kirk

Offline Busashot

• Post Master
« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2011, 07:34:01 PM »
Control riding so not ripping it.....

« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 09:17:25 PM by Busashot »

Offline .D.

• Rider
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2011, 11:53:57 AM »
Second track day ever for me - I had been at the same track 6 years ago on an 04 10R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tJ0Bwcj6xM

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »
Second track day ever for me - I had been at the same track 6 years ago on an 04 10R.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tJ0Bwcj6xM

Watching the on-bike video that Stu shot from his YZF and uploaded of you guys.  You, Jeff, Gregg, Pranav, etc.

Was that Kim's red SV that "WitsBusa" was riding in the opening of the video?

Looks wierd to see rear view mirrors on the track.  :lol:

Trying to get it to load past 13:23...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 05:43:11 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk

Offline .D.

• Rider
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »
Yep.

Was Banditmans - he delivered that out to our trackday there in 05 for 6 who turned it into a semi-enduro for some time then gar got it and put it back to stock. I think it had over 200k on it when 6 got it.

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2011, 02:50:13 PM »
...finally got to watch the rest of it.

It was nice to see Dino and Fulltilt also.  

I must say, that was cool.  I miss those guys.  :bike:

Looks like Jeff's 1000 had a bunch of people riding it.   :)

My spy, VTSG (Vorton The Space God), who was there in disguise, told me that Stu was giving guys tows also.  Looked like Snail needed one- I mean WTF, did he get lost and was stopping to ask for directions, or was he just taking a lunch break, parking in the middle of the track like that.  :lol:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:53:54 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk

Offline Kirk

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2011, 02:52:17 PM »
Yep.

Was Banditmans - he delivered that out to our trackday there in 05 for 6 who turned it into a semi-enduro for some time then gar got it and put it back to stock. I think it had over 200k on it when 6 got it.

I think I remember helping with an electrical problem on that bike on Fox Hill at Laguna Seca back when it was nearly new.  :bike:

We MAY have been sober.  Think monkeys + football.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:54:50 PM by Kirk »
-Kirk

Offline .D.

• Rider
« Reply #124 on: December 14, 2011, 05:25:49 PM »
Snail had some great lean (I thought) but it was his first track day and he is like a million years old - I think he did great and he said he had more fun than anyone else did.  Having said that - I'm sure he's fast as hell on his home roads.  Dunno if he had more fun than I did though - I ran every session and only came in early on the last one cuz the sun was blinding my ass coming into 2 and then again around 8  8)

Stu is awesome - just kills it on that track.  He was on a bone stock R6 and would pretty much just disappear whenever he felt like it.

Vortons celebrity appearance was merely icing on the cake - that was an awesome weekend.

I want to get back out there again in March.

Once I get the CuNT mapped and hopefully running properly (next weekend), I can look into doing a coupla upgrades that I feel will help on the track.

I really just need some experience - bottom line.