Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Right leg getting hot when riding?  (Read 5991 times)

Offline hughy454

• Rider
Right leg getting hot when riding?
« on: June 24, 2008, 11:57:51 PM »
I just got an o8 and have about 150 miles on it. When riding my right leg is toasty. I figure with all the euro3 crap in the exhaust it may be heating up. Has anyone else noticed this, and will it go away after the cats brake in? I can smell the cats when I stop at a light, and some smoke out of them when I turn it off. Bike runs awsome and is idling great. I figure it should go away.. Thanks!

Offline Predator

• Rider
Re: Right leg getting hot when riding?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:29:54 AM »
ditch the factory pipe and buy aftermarket pipe youll make the bike 50lbs lighter,handle better more power, less heat.
Hayabusa, because 14's are just slow!                                           
ZX 14 its whats for dinner!

Offline holdontighter

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 02:52:03 AM »
lol was gonna say duh! thats cause of the dump pipe

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2008, 09:25:49 PM »
Ya, I was thinking the exhaust is needing to go! Just didn't know if everyone else was having the same issue. Kinda strange its only the right side, exhaust seems to be the same distance on both sides. Thanks

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »
Ya, I was thinking the exhaust is needing to go! Just didn't know if everyone else was having the same issue. Kinda strange its only the right side, exhaust seems to be the same distance on both sides. Thanks

The right side is def. hot. been waiting to see how much the akra exhaust is or what type of deal i maybe able to get on the tiforce 4-2-1-2 exhausts.  both look sweet.
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »
Tiforce full system "TI" with carbon single can/ Bazzaz box 1600 shippped from Hardracing dot com!

Mike