Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: New guy and exhaust question  (Read 11789 times)

Offline CHEMPOWR

• New User!
New guy and exhaust question
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:17:31 PM »
Hello everyone,

Still breaking in my bike and wanted to introduce myself as well as get some info on any side exit exhaust. Scanning the threads, I see there is one company with a full system. Does anyone know of a slip system?

Thanks

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
Re: New guy and exhaust question
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »
Hi Chempowr! and welcome to the site. What are you looking for? max performance? looks? do you want slip on's and keep the exhaust up under the tail or a 4 into 1 fully tuned pipe comming out the side? check out my bike pic's. That's a 2008 hayabusa brock's shortmeg that I fit on my king and it bolted right on with out a hitch!
No computer operating busa freak!

Offline CHEMPOWR

• New User!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:56:00 PM »
Hi Chempowr! and welcome to the site. What are you looking for? max performance? looks? do you want slip on's and keep the exhaust up under the tail or a 4 into 1 fully tuned pipe comming out the side? check out my bike pic's. That's a 2008 hayabusa brock's shortmeg that I fit on my king and it bolted right on with out a hitch!

Thanks for the welcome. I had seen your pics before and yours was the one I had thought of when writing the post. My goal is NOT more power but to change the look of the bike and some extra noise (not much more).  I didn't want a complete system due to costs and not needing more power. Do you think I can use 08 Hayabusa aftermarket systems (slip ons). I guess I could get stock headers/piping and add the slip on. It may be easier to change the whole pipe? Did you clear those codes someone else had spoken of?

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 09:32:45 AM »
Thank's alot. I think any hayabusa exhaust could be fitted to the b-king, the actual engine cases from the 99 through 08 are the same dimensions. My suzuki dealer was nice enough to put a busa and a b-king side by side and let me pull measurements off both bikes. One thing for shure is the b-king's swing arm is about one inch wider than the busa and that's where I thought I would run into trouble. I went ahead an ordered the busa pipe from brock anyway. I have a friend who is a top notch tig welder and thought I would have to modify the new pipe to make it fit properly but I did'nt. The reason I ordered the shortmeg is because I don't run rear peg's, if I intended to keep the rear peg's I would have gotten a pipe that ran all the way out to the back and just fabricated a bracket out of aluminum from the rear peg to the exhaust can. I also wanted to get rid of the o2 sensor, the cataletic converter and the flaper valve in the b-king exhaust wich is where the codes started popping up. A few resisters tricked the e.c.u. into thinking that all that crap was still there and everything is cool now. As of yet the bike made 178.9 hp and 104.9 ft/lb with a generic map off the power commander site. Out of money right now but will have it custom maped soon. Good luck and remember, with a torch and a welding machine anything can be done!! If you need me to talk you through any of it dont hesitate to call me, ask for danny 985-633-3331 peace!! :thumb:

Offline turbo1000

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 10:42:38 AM »
I also installed a full system on my B King. I chose the Boz Bros system because i wanted to do away with the undertail cans altogether to clear the way for the dual nos bottles. The pipe was only about $100 more than most of the slip-ons I found. It was a fairly easy install and cut about 30 lbs of weight all together!! It is pretty loud even with the "stealth" baffle in place. It comes with a plate relocater and a new led tail light. It also included a wing that gets installed on the valve to fool it, so no codes :!: All in all, a great system. I installed a filter, did a little airbox mod and with a PCIII/custom map on the Dyno we had 186hp. Add in the 50 shot and yeehaa, now the B King is just what I expected. My new sprocket will be here tomorrow ( 17 tooth front) , now the last thing I need to do is get rid of these junk Qualifiers.

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 08:20:23 PM »
Damn respectable hp. numbers turbo1000!!! And your right the dunlop's that come on the king are crap! wet road's will put racing stripes in your underware!! :lol:

Offline Jesse James

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 01:01:13 AM »
I thought it was completely normal power sliding corners in 2nd, not even trying... :thumb:

Offline turbo1000

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:44:35 AM »
Has anybody changed them to something else that works much better? I am about to put a set of Supercorsas on mine. We'll see how those handle.

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 01:34:27 PM »
I was thinking of trying sport pilot's, a bit pricey but so are the plastics and engine covers. Damn Jesse you sound like my little buddy who slide's his 2000 busa in some 3rd gear corners..... I dont think he's all there though!! :lol: :lol: :shock:

Offline Jesse James

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »
Im ok with the Qualifiers, I run about 36psi in front and rear.  My B-King is all stock except the Two-Bro slip ons.
Yeh my 65 year old Dad was behind me on his V-Max, I decided to square some corners for fun, He about pissed himself laughing so hard... :lol:

Offline turbo1000

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 10:11:57 PM »
Some pics of the Boz Bros and what I found to fill the hole the exhaust left  :wink: 

« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 10:18:33 PM by turbo1000 »

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »
Sick......I like it!!!! :twisted: