Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Do you have to re-tune when fitting R77 slip-ons?  (Read 7089 times)

Offline sliceman1300

• Rider
Do you have to re-tune when fitting R77 slip-ons?
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »
G,day,
         Picked up my Gen2 today and want to know whether the bike needs to be retuned for the Yoshi R77's. Do not have a power commander or reliable dyno centre nearby? Also, after having a couple of Gen1's in the past, does the small box mod still need to be done as far as flapper valve ect.

Thanks in advance, Jim

Offline bouncer

• Rider
Re: Do you have to re-tune when fitting R77 slip-ons?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 09:55:46 AM »
I went with the power commander and map settings for my r-77's. I went through fuel moto and got a nice package deal

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 07:30:02 AM »
at fuel moto they have the map settings for it and pregrogrammed it for me... All I needed to do was plug it in and no dyno required and I haven't had a single problem or hiccup.

Offline sliceman1300

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 07:06:51 PM »
Thanks Bouncer.

Jim

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 11:46:35 AM »
I got my r-77 full system with the PC3 through fuel moto. Great deal I must say. but to the original question, I heard you should tune even with just slip ons. As long as I have your attention, I would suggest the full system over the slip-on, huge weight reduction, and better gains from the full system.

Offline LaRedd

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 08:01:59 AM »
Slip-ons don't require a re-tune as they won't make that much of a difference (won't hurt but not required).  The constricting part of the stock system is the headers vs the cans.

Offline 1313R

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
It's always best to retune anytime you change something that's going to effect intake or exhaust. However.... YOU SHOULD NEVER GO WITH A SLIP ON. :P
What the f?

Offline Htown Busa

• New User!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 10:09:29 AM »
You don't have to for the slip ons.  In fact, they say you don't have to for the full system on an '08 but that just doesn't sound right to me.  After years of remapping on a full system, it is ingrained in my brain.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 02:33:31 PM »
You don't have to for the slip ons.  In fact, they say you don't have to for the full system on an '08 but that just doesn't sound right to me.  After years of remapping on a full system, it is ingrained in my brain.

Who says you don't have to with a full system on a 08? There's no way that's right.

Offline Johnnnycheese

• Post Master
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 08:13:20 PM »

Who says you don't have to with a full system on a 08? There's no way that's right.
you are correct but GPW says you don't have to :bah:
he and I went back and forth and he thinks I am a lame tuner because of this. :shock:
I guess do to I don't have a cool 35K dyno room I can't tune
Official Site Tuner
Builder and tuner of some of the FASTEST motorcycle in the world
www.johnnycheese.com

Offline busaville

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 03:43:37 AM »
Slip-ons don't require a re-tune as they won't make that much of a difference (won't hurt but not required).  The constricting part of the stock system is the headers vs the cans.
                   :arrow: Correct ... but if you are running slip-ons, pc3, and air filter, you should get a tune. :lol: