Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2006 GSXR1K swingarm Will it fit Gen1 busa?  (Read 23814 times)

Offline 03busa40th

• Apprentice Post Whore
Re: 2006 GSXR1K swingarm Will it fit Gen1 busa?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 07:29:15 PM »
I would like to know what must be done aswell, because i am wating to do the swao aswell.

Offline canyon carver

• Rider
  • Another sunny day in LA
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 07:37:47 PM »
I don`t have to prove anything, I made it work and that`s what matters.

I explained it in details, something you failed to do.   And I`m not even trying to sell anything.

How you expect someone to pay you $650 for something you failed to explain?

Actually, scratch that, I don`t want your answer. I`m done talking to you.

I had a feeling you were full of shit. Now the rest of the board knows you are.
Post a pic
Faster is Better

Offline canyon carver

• Rider
  • Another sunny day in LA
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 08:20:28 PM »
I would like to know what must be done aswell, because i am wating to do the swao aswell.

If this swap was as easy as everyone out there makes it out to be I'm sure you could easily get an answer. I've only seen the arms I've made and the Yoshimura X1. You're basically asking me how to build a swingarm. You can surely go "Backyard Mechanic" but in the end if you really need it to perform correctly your going to need a machine shop with a 3 axis C&C machine and an above average programmer.

I've got at least 20k mi on this arm and roll the rubber off the edges of my 190/55's in the canyons. Fully tuneable.

When I started this over 3 years ago more than a few people on this site said the exact crap they're saying now. I've asked for Pics for years and have yet to see one. I, like you had little reason not to believe them so I went ahead and bought an ebay swingarm. Countless hours in R&D, bell cranks out the ying yang, spacers and swingarms later I have a swingarm you can comfortably put on the track.

Ask anyone how they build their swingarms and it's like you're talking to a brick wall. If it was easy everyone would do it. If you think it's easy, you should try. I believed it was easy and never gave up until it was right.
Faster is Better

Offline 03busa40th

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 08:48:18 PM »
Well, dont get offensive with me I was just asking the question. I have rode a 03 just like mine with the 1k swap and to be honest it rode like shit. I want to make sure that yours is not going to do the same. I dont have $650 to spend on a "kit" and I am not asking you for the measurements and specs just wanting to know what you are "  changing" on the 1k arm. I dont really think I need it sense I already can booger the edges of my 190/55 with only a 1" lift and a link out of the chain.
I am sorry if my question offended you or made you think I was calling you "product" crap, but the fact is I was just asking a question so I know what I would be spending $650 on a $90 swingarm for??? I am purely looking for advise probably like you were when you wanted to switch your stocker for the 1k.
So please give me some info on what I would be paying for and why?

Offline Vic_E55_2001

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:56 PM »
BTW. That was exactly what I asked.

then I bought 01-02 GSXR arm and made some measurements.   Stock Busa shock/spring will not fit 1K shock opening, Busa opening is oval where 1K is round, it doesn`t have about 1/2" clearance.    Busa linkage is too long and moving shock/spring assembly to far back. There is two way to  fix that.

First as simple as replacement Busa linkage with GSXR600 one. It is shorter linkage and changes suspension leverage, I calculated 20%0 firmer and required sag/reb/comp adjustment.  For rider heavier then 180 LB it`s a positive thing IMO Busa suspension is to soft.   Other then that no suspension geometry has been changed.  It`s 1 1/2 shorter then stock Busa. I have 1.1 Kg springs in forks and for my 265LB that setup is perfect. I also raised rear 1".

It cost me $35 to buy SA and 600 linkage.

Second way required grinding down about 1/2 of an inch in SA opening and re welding it - not acceptable way for me.

Offline 03busa40th

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »
BTW. That was exactly what I asked.

then I bought 01-02 GSXR arm and made some measurements.   Stock Busa shock/spring will not fit 1K shock opening, Busa opening is oval where 1K is round, it doesn`t have about 1/2" clearance.    Busa linkage is too long and moving shock/spring assembly to far back. There is two way to  fix that.

First as simple as replacement Busa linkage with GSXR600 one. It is shorter linkage and changes suspension leverage, I calculated 20%0 firmer and required sag/reb/comp adjustment.  For rider heavier then 180 LB it`s a positive thing IMO Busa suspension is to soft.   Other then that no suspension geometry has been changed.  It`s 1 1/2 shorter then stock Busa. I have 1.1 Kg springs in forks and for my 265LB that setup is perfect. I also raised rear 1".

It cost me $35 to buy SA and 600 linkage.

Second way required grinding down about 1/2 of an inch in SA opening and re welding it - not acceptable way for me.

Could you please tell me where to get a good deal on a 1k swingarm and shock?? I can find the linkage on my own.
I will buy one from you if you have it.

Offline Vic_E55_2001

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »
One guy at the h.org selling polished for $75 right now.  Ebay is where I found mine for $30 delivered. 

Offline 03busa40th

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2008, 12:37:15 AM »
^^^ sounds like a good deal. I am pretty mechanicly inclined, so I think I will be able to sort most of the snags I run into out.
If not I will keep working on it.  :D
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z198/rockydavis/newlypaintedbike.jpg
Chrome wont do for me lol
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 12:40:33 AM by 03busa40th »