Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Wheels  (Read 2766 times)

Offline 06stocker

• Rider
  • Speed Kills
Wheels
« on: July 10, 2008, 07:44:00 PM »
Who makes spacers for PM wheels to fit on a o8 busa from my o6 busa..PM does not!!

Offline 06stocker

• Rider
  • Speed Kills
Re: Wheels
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:26:55 PM »
So if i put a o6 swing arm on a 08 i can use my PM wheels on it..Right?

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:35 PM »
why not go to a machinist????

Offline 06stocker

• Rider
  • Speed Kills
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 08:46:13 PM »
I really dont know why they dont fit, thats why I am asking? Everyone tells me they wont fit unless you do......but i dont get a good answer why..LOL

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »
Take a look at the 08 swingarm set up the older model busas have a brake caliper hanger that hangs from the rear axle, which is one of the spacers on the older wheels.  If I am not mistaken the 08 busa runs the rear brake off the swingarm, so naturalty your spacers are gonna be different.  This is what I had done in the past with a set of PM wheels that I had on my old zx7r, but there is no garuantee that it will work in your situation.  you must first make sure that your rear brake is the same outside diameter and counterspaced to the same location as the 08 brake is (it would probably be best to bring your factory wheel for a reference).  If so then I would bring the factory set up bike to a machinest along with the PM wheels.  alow him to take the factory measurements and then he can make the appropriate spacers, it shouldn't cost much.  On the flip side if that is not possible then I would buy 08 specific wheels, I am possitive that they make some as I saw several 08 busas at a recent bike show all running PM wheels. 

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:13:19 AM »
I forgot to mention that PM also sells the hubs, which usualy can be unbolted from the main part of the rim...you may just want to try and order 08 hubs, its my understanding that the all PM wheels have a universal hub bolt pattern so they can make a run of a few 100 rims and just bolt up the appropriate hub for several different brand bikes. 

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 09:14:25 AM »
PM if you need help I went through this with an old set of PM wheels on a previous bike...my builder should be able to get you a set of hubs.

Offline 06stocker

• Rider
  • Speed Kills
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 10:14:28 PM »
Thanx bro, called PM and the spacers are on the way 100 dollars a wheel..They are pround of there stuff..LOL