Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1st Gen busa with 08 tail conversion  (Read 66230 times)

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
1st Gen busa with 08 tail conversion
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:24:24 PM »
I thought I would post these, its a mod I have been concidering for some time now on my busa...spoke with this guy from ebay, who did the conversion, and he informed me its a bolt up affair.  Here are some pics:

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
Re: 1st Gen busa with 08 tail conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 01:10:37 AM »
That Tail is starting to grow on me - The paint worked great!

Here is going the opposite: Gen II w/ Gen I Tail

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 03:52:53 AM »
I think the 08 tail is much cleaner looking with the all the lights integrated into the tail.  Mine is on the way, but I'm planning on running the 1st gen front upper, with the ram air holes molded in.  I like the curve of the newer tail section also...we shall soon see how the conversion works, I have a new 08 tank on the way also...if it doesn't mate up I'll be selling it around here soon. 

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 04:40:23 AM »
is the 08 tank different?

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 04:56:09 AM »
the top part is, I am told by a friend that the side pannels from the 1s gens will mate to it as the sides and under parts are all the same. 

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 04:56:43 AM »
is the 08 tank different?

It is lower by about a 1/2 inch too.

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 05:06:56 AM »
That Tail is starting to grow on me - The paint worked great!

Here is going the opposite: Gen II w/ Gen I Tail

From the looks of that bike, I am willing to bet that he is running an 08 front end on an older busa.   

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 05:10:36 AM »
That front end looks nice on there. I wonder how hard it is to make the swap

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 05:15:33 AM »
You are right, look at the Pegs and the Tank = Gen I.

Offline SuperBikeFan08

• Rider
  • Bird Gang MC......Bitch!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 01:19:31 PM »
Gen2 With Gen1 rear. Whats the point :?: Thats a down grade.

The Gen1 with Gen2 rear makes sense, Thats an upgrade
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:21:23 PM by SuperBikeFan08 »
President Obama, I Support Gun Control... I Practice It Everytime I Go To The Range For Target Practice!!! LoL

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 09:27:15 PM »
both pics are of the 1st Gen busa with either an upgraded 08 front or rear...I have thought about upgrading the entire body work to the 08 specs, but the only problem is that the guages aren't interchangeable the 08 guages won't work with the 1st gen wireharness. 

Offline busabilly

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »
I think the 1st Gen with the 08 tail looks clean!!

Offline Blue

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 07:25:26 AM »
The Gen2 tail has too many body seams.

Those radically stretched 'busas look ridiculous, I'd be embarrassed to be seen on those piles.

Blue

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 08:36:03 PM »
To each their own...I think anything over a 10" stretch on a busa is a big excessive.  But they are far from junk. 

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 09:30:30 PM »
Gen2 With Gen1 rear. Whats the point :?: Thats a down grade.

The Gen1 with Gen2 rear makes sense, Thats an upgrade

Thats an opinion.  We all know what those are like... :lol:

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »
Everyone has a right to their personal tastes...isn't that the point of owning a bike so that you can modify it to suit your likes...I like a short, low, clean paintwork, and fat ass tire on the rear...some people like theirs modded for the drag strip, some for the twisties, and some to just wow people with a show bike.  I think when my bike is done it should at least cover the showbike and dragstrip fairly well.  There isn't many road racing tracks around here, not that I race anymore, but to each their own, its about enjoying your bike the way you make it for yourself. 

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
Everyone has a right to their personal tastes...isn't that the point of owning a bike so that you can modify it to suit your likes...I like a short, low, clean paintwork, and fat ass tire on the rear...some people like theirs modded for the drag strip, some for the twisties, and some to just wow people with a show bike.  I think when my bike is done it should at least cover the showbike and dragstrip fairly well.  There isn't many road racing tracks around here, not that I race anymore, but to each their own, its about enjoying your bike the way you make it for yourself. 
Exactly the way I feel also :thumb: I ride a chromed out big tire busa, and everybody I ride with has 600's and liter bikes, I used to get ragged a bit but when you show them you can ride they kinda go, (DAMN DUDE did you see that bike go through that turn that was crazy) and now I get (Man that bike is cool and setup different and ect.....) As long as your are on 2 wheels I think its good, no point in being narrow minded and calling bikes PILES OF JUNK just because you don't like them.
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline Blue

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 07:10:30 AM »
Exactly the way I feel also :thumb: I ride a chromed out big tire busa, and everybody I ride with has 600's and liter bikes, I used to get ragged a bit but when you show them you can ride they kinda go, (DAMN DUDE did you see that bike go through that turn that was crazy) and now I get (Man that bike is cool and setup different and ect.....) As long as your are on 2 wheels I think its good, no point in being narrow minded and calling bikes PILES OF JUNK just because you don't like them.

Sorry if I offended; but if you do radical changes to your ride, you have to be able to handle different opinions.

Blue

I didn't point out any individual's bike, I just don't care for the look.  To me, once the rear tire is sticking out the back of the bike, all the styling has gone out the window.  It it's lowered too, you have to watch driveway transitions or the belly scrapes.

Once modifications start seriously limiting how you can use the bike, that to me is the definition of going too far.

I don't care, though, guys want to ride their bike like that, more power to them.

Blue

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2008, 08:00:49 PM »

Sorry if I offended; but if you do radical changes to your ride, you have to be able to handle different opinions.

Blue

I didn't point out any individual's bike, I just don't care for the look.  To me, once the rear tire is sticking out the back of the bike, all the styling has gone out the window.  It it's lowered too, you have to watch driveway transitions or the belly scrapes.

Once modifications start seriously limiting how you can use the bike, that to me is the definition of going too far.

I don't care, though, guys want to ride their bike like that, more power to them.

Blue
No big deal brother, your ride a hayabusa so your good in my book
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline Polol_10

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »
I really like the look and it looks as if all the lines match up, it gives the back end a more clean and tailored look...Sweetttt!

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 07:05:30 AM »
I got in my 08 tail section and gas tank...plan to use them on my build...I'll let you know how it goes and try to take pics while the build is in progress. 

Offline Blue

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 02:25:47 PM »

Blue

Blue
No big deal brother, your ride a hayabusa so your good in my book

Hey, if we ever ride together, you can clean my clock on the straights and I'll try to show you the lines through the corners!

Blue

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:48 PM »
You might be surprised to find out that the some people on big tires can actually ride better than you think.... :trb:

Offline Blue

• Rider
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 07:02:40 AM »
It's not that I underestimate their riding skill, but big stretches, offset contact patches from oversize rear tires, and limited ground clearance makes cornering at speed difficult.

Blue

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 10:56:39 AM »
never had any problems with riding  on my big tire that is allot of myth that people keep passing around the only noticeable difference is there is more effort needed to lean the bike in the handling has remained the same as far as I can tell.  If you go through my posts I rode a stretched 300 with a stock 1000 and 600 the only noticeable difference was the 300 bike was a heavier bike but suspension and handling all seemed the same.