Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: a-dms question on 08 busa  (Read 15566 times)

Offline Nakedbusa

• Rider
Re: a-dms question on 08 busa
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »
Man if you buy a $11K bike without full coverage thats crazy IMO.  Unless you are fine with paying on a bike for the next 5 years without enjoying the bike.

Most of the getto trash that get bikes here dont even have a licence let alone insurance.

Just let the air out of the 600s tires and it will get you prepared for riding the Busa. :bah:

Offline zuki boy26

• New User!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2008, 02:28:29 AM »
man i didn't get full coverage but i needed to...i got liability;  theft, vandalism, fire, etc...is covered, but not if i wreck it....its like 1900 yr for full coverage, the liability with the extra stuff is a grand...though geico....

my first quote for full coverage was 3 mths ago, and it was just 1300..i didnt have a bike yet....it jumped up 600 more from then to now, they said they review it ever few months and the sportbike coverage went up...so if your going to get full coverage, i would get it as soon as i could....who knows what it will be in a couple more months...the rate isnt locked in until you purchase your account....at least thats what geico explained....

Offline 08 BUSA

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2008, 08:32:05 AM »
Just bought an '08 Busa. I am 41yrs old.  I have insurance through State Farm.  I have my Camaro, Dodge Ram and Ford F250 insured by them and I am only paying $26 a month for the Busa.  Insurance is higher if you are under 25.  Insurance is also based on the cc's of the bike.  Full coverage is the only way to go.  Plastics are expensive.  Even if you think that you may never have a wreck, you are not the only one on the road.  Cars don't see us and they think that they always have the right of way.  I learned on a 2001 Busa.  I wrecked on a Busa.  I quit the Busa.  I craved a Busa for 3 years.  So, I gave into my craving and bought a new Busa.  God I Love the Busa.   :D

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 09:22:29 AM »
I bought my '08 Busa last May, paid cash for it, and I put full coverage on it anyways.  Through state farm i'm paying 850 bucks a year, thats full coverage anything can happen to it, whether its stolen, the house burns down, or I lay it down, I'm covered.  But I also have another bike and a car through them, so I think I get the multi vehicle discount.

And yes the Busa was the best decision I ever made, Way more fun then that TL1000.  And really the TL was childs play compared to the Busa, all you need is common sense.  Honestly though I cant ever see having it in B or C mode, even in the rain it went fine in A mode, because the throttle responce is so smooth and predictable.  I've try'd the other modes a few times just to see what happened, I've thought about checking to see if I get better gas mileage with B or C, but I cant keep the disipline to keep it out of A mode.

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 09:28:08 AM »
Oh and I forgot to mention I only had a little over 3 months of riding experience when I bought my Busa, but keep in mind in that three months I had almost 10,000 miles under my belt.  plus a few days at the drag strip.  either way I have never felt like the Busa was something I couldnt control, it does what i make it do, that doesnt mean i dont respect it,  because the second you stop respecting a machine like that, it will remind you very quickly of what it is.

Since I have been in Iraq during the last year, by the time leave came around in May, I had not ridden in 9 months, and Put 1,638 miles on my busa trouble free in my 2 weeks of leave.  just show's how smooth and rideable the new Busa really is.  Even my dad was praising the way it handles and the smoothness of it. after just one ride, and he's a Harley guy
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 09:39:50 AM by Andrew71787 »

Offline 06 Red+Black

• Rider
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2008, 12:36:38 AM »
I don't have an 08 yet but I do agree with everyone about the busa just take it easy and get used to the bike. I had a 600 for about 5 years that I had done quite abit of work to and it was enough to beat the new 750's when I sold it. I got the busa and was very surprised at how much power it had but like the others said there a smooth bike it just takes common sense to ride them.