Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: I Know I sound gay, but...  (Read 15163 times)

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
I Know I sound gay, but...
« on: July 27, 2008, 02:34:20 PM »
I have a friend thats a serious motor head. He's trying to talk me into some serious mods on my 08. Starting with cams and stage 1 turbo. Here's the issue, I paid $1000 for the 6 year warranty and I really don't want to void it. So how do all you guys do it? Do you just not care about the warranty? Is there a way around it? I know there are tons of newer busas with turbos on here so please chime in. Thanks guys.

Offline Scary-Jerry

• Mad Post Whore
  • A Real Street Bike!
Re: I Know I sound gay, but...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 02:38:22 PM »
It's one or the other... TURBO  :!:  :wink:

...and why do you need cams with a Turbo?  You want over 600 HP for your daily driver  :?:

1999: RCC 'Custom' Stage II Intercooled Turbo System, AMS1000, GSXR Front End & Wheels, Trac Swingarm, Elka Shock, Cut Tank, & a lot of Carbon...

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 02:47:18 PM »
I've had a turbo busa, lots of fun. However, if you blow a piston for whatever reason, can you afford to fix it? If you can't stay with a pipe and a power commander and take a track school or two and improve your riding............
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline BoosaRyder

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 05:06:16 PM »
take a track school or two and improve your riding............

:stupid:

Learning how to use the power you have is the most important thing, I've seen good riders on stock bikes whipping modded bikes with sorry riders.
2000 Red/Gray Hayabusa
2006 Black M109R (sold)
2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja
1999 Red Twin Turbo Corvette

Offline BH1

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 05:13:33 PM »
Your friend is Motorhead and he is trying to talk you into some mods????  Uh oh............

Offline Endless1000

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 05:26:55 PM »
I'd lower it an put a nice stretch on it with all the basic mods...that bitch should roll out then 8)
97'Civic DD 38mpg!!!
04'Gixxer1000 Long Low N Loud

Offline TurboGPZ

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:56:53 PM »
First Lets get back to your 'Extended warranty".....Suzuki ONLY covers the bike for one year. After that it's a third party insurance policy that Suzuki has nothing to do with....read your fine print ALL maintenance
must be recoreded and serviced by the authorized Suzuki dealer. Everything, including oil changes...miss one,  warranty claim denide..
Get out now if you can...

Offline SuperBikeFan08

• Rider
  • Bird Gang MC......Bitch!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 03:13:35 PM »
If youre not rich,dont get a turbo :thumb:
President Obama, I Support Gun Control... I Practice It Everytime I Go To The Range For Target Practice!!! LoL

Offline BoosaRyder

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 08:36:55 PM »
I'd lower it an put a nice stretch on it with all the basic mods...that bitch should roll out then 8)

LOL, why? so he can't turn corners anymore?
2000 Red/Gray Hayabusa
2006 Black M109R (sold)
2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja
1999 Red Twin Turbo Corvette

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 08:55:24 PM »
It's one or the other... TURBO  :!:  :wink:

...and why do you need cams with a Turbo?  You want over 600 HP for your daily driver  :?:

I think he wants to do the turbo, I suggested cams. From what I understand the cams will improve power but either one will void the warranty, right? But he's really pushing for the turbo.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 08:58:36 PM »
First Lets get back to your 'Extended warranty".....Suzuki ONLY covers the bike for one year. After that it's a third party insurance policy that Suzuki has nothing to do with....read your fine print ALL maintenance
must be recoreded and serviced by the authorized Suzuki dealer. Everything, including oil changes...miss one,  warranty claim denide..
Get out now if you can...

WTF!!! Get out. I didn't know that. I had my 600 done at the shop I got it from but didn't plan to have them do oil changes and everything for the next 6 years. How would I go about getting out of the extended warranty? Are you 100% sure about this? Thanks for the much needed info. Holy Shit.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2008, 09:00:05 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm rich, but I know my own business and I do well enough that I'm not too worried about repairs and things. I got the 6 year warranty because I thought 6 years for $1000 was a great deal.

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2008, 09:08:52 PM »

I wouldn't say I'm rich, but I know my own business and I do well enough that I'm not too worried about repairs and things. I got the 6 year warranty because I thought 6 years for $1000 was a great deal.

You just bought the bikes.. warranty will be cancelable and prorated when cancel. so u can get most of ur money back.. read the fine print.
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline mswhiteboys

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 08:32:06 AM »
warrant y is some bullshit anyway. you have motor or tranny prob--- gonna call it rider abuse anyway. you can go with a stage 1 turbo and ride it everyday and have fun make in the 250 plus hp range. i wouldnt let my buddy do it if you want it done right unless he has tackled something like it before. just my opinion

Offline Crypt keeper

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2008, 02:37:32 PM »

so when you slap on the turbo you just burned up that $1000 in the 6 year warranty. They can void it over your exhaust.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2008, 06:36:04 PM »

so when you slap on the turbo you just burned up that $1000 in the 6 year warranty. They can void it over your exhaust.

I had the exhaust system and PCIII put on at the place I got the bike and they said it wouldn't void the warranty. I'm going to look into canceling the warranty anyways.

Offline BUSA-KY

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 03:20:42 PM »
get the Bazazz Box ......... nuff said
"LEARN HOW !!!.............even if you don't do it , its good to know how its done"

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 04:21:38 PM »
get the Bazazz Box ......... nuff said

Yep...settings for low boost...and high boost on both ignition and fuel!!

Offline 1313R

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 07:06:56 PM »
The Bazza box is whats up. Forget the warranty and go with the turbo. If you ride on the street get the ek 530 zzz. It's the only one I've had any luck with on the turbo big bikes. The zvx works ok on the 1ks. Depending on what kinda torque you make, a lock up clutch is in your future. 1st and second gear will hold, but from there, they're gonna slip. Unless of course it's it's spinning the snot out of the tire. RPM makes a decent low cost two stage lock up. I don't know about the cams tho. Mine made better power with the stock cams degreed to 103 lobe centers.
What the f?

Offline soNso

• Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
 What kind of riding do you like? drag racer, top speed stuff, or just a guy with new busa that's want's to make it run & look a little better. with  stock reliable.. turbo's & big motors are great, but not for everybody... good luck.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 07:31:49 PM »
What kind of riding do you like? drag racer, top speed stuff, or just a guy with new busa that's want's to make it run & look a little better. with  stock reliable.. turbo's & big motors are great, but not for everybody... good luck.

I guess you could say I'm just a guy with a busa that wants it to look and run better, who also drags. I've been racing every week and thats really what I see the future of this bike being. If I want to carve it up on a track, I jump on my brothers gsxr 1000 until I get my own, but for the busa I think I'm going with the turbo this winter. Let me ask you this, why are turbos and big motors not for everyone? Is there excessive engine wear with a turbo that needs attention every weekend or something? The turbo thing is totally new so I'm still in the research phase of it all. Thanks

Offline theRick

• Rider
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 07:44:38 PM »
Your friend is Motorhead and he is trying to talk you into some mods????  Uh oh............

:lol:

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2008, 08:09:10 PM »
I'd definitely cancel that extended warranty and recoup my money,every time i attempted to use mine(2nd gear problem,etc.)they said it was rider abuse and refused to cover anything.Guess it was my fault for not reading the exceptionally small print on the back,but when you buy a new bike they make it sound like such a really good deal you just can't pass it up(pretty sure they[dealership/salesman]get a cut on every warranty they sell)...until you actually try to use it. :grn:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline soNso

• Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2008, 11:40:26 PM »

I guess you could say I'm just a guy with a busa that wants it to look and run better, who also drags. I've been racing every week and thats really what I see the future of this bike being. If I want to carve it up on a track, I jump on my brothers gsxr 1000 until I get my own, but for the busa I think I'm going with the turbo this winter. Let me ask you this, why are turbos and big motors not for everyone? Is there excessive engine wear with a turbo that needs attention every weekend or something? The turbo thing is totally new so I'm still in the research phase of it all. Thanks
i wanted the turbo but didn't have the money to go stage 2, so i got the 1397 motor & for the most part i'm happy with it. either way get a builder/installer that no's his shit. :thumb:

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 05:54:50 AM »
if your going turbo,do it up right the first time. stage two with motor mods!!. stage one is good but it just gets you hooked then your going to want tp upgrade anyway...trust me  :thumb:

Offline SuperBikeFan08

• Rider
  • Bird Gang MC......Bitch!!!
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2008, 01:32:29 PM »
Why would you knowingly sound gay?

Edit: If you decide to get a turbo,sale me your exhaust system and PC for a good deal please?!?!? :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 02:17:21 PM by SuperBikeFan08 »
President Obama, I Support Gun Control... I Practice It Everytime I Go To The Range For Target Practice!!! LoL

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »
if your going turbo,do it up right the first time. stage two with motor mods!!. stage one is good but it just gets you hooked then your going to want tp upgrade anyway...trust me  :thumb:

Would I really not be happy with a stage 1? Because I see RCC has a stage 1 for $4,400. If I decide to do it this winter it would be a stage 1, if i wait till next winter I might consider stage 2, but that would require motor mods like you said. I'm not totally sure yet. What did all you 08 turbo guys pay for your kits and who are they made by? And a question about the stage 2, would I need an extended swingarm, and if so how much over would you suggest? I only intended to go with a 4 over arm this winter.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 04:08:44 PM »
All depends,i'll probably leave mine alone and keep it a Stage 1...250 hp on the street is more than enough and can still run it on pump gas and be dependable.The more power you make the sooner it's gonna tear itself up and the more you're gonna have to fiddle with it.4" on the arm is probably good,i went 6" over but could probably have gotten by with a 4".
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 06:15:36 PM »
All depends,i'll probably leave mine alone and keep it a Stage 1...250 hp on the street is more than enough and can still run it on pump gas and be dependable.The more power you make the sooner it's gonna tear itself up and the more you're gonna have to fiddle with it.4" on the arm is probably good,i went 6" over but could probably have gotten by with a 4".
Excellent, because 6 over is the max I would go, but would like to keep it at 4.Who did you get yours from and how much?

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 06:26:32 PM »
Have the RCC Stage 1 turbo kit and a McINTOSH Alumipro 6" over swingarm(think it was around $1400 but really a first class/top notch unit and doubt that you'll find a nicer one).Think you're gonna need at least a 4" just to stop it from being a wheelie machine,and with my 6" it'll tend to break loose and spin the rear wheel rather than want to come up in the air...which is fine with me. :lol: :thumb: