Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 2008 hayabusa rear fender removal  (Read 7758 times)

Offline zeke5400rottie

• New User!
2008 hayabusa rear fender removal
« on: July 17, 2008, 10:27:59 PM »
Hey guys, new to the forum. Was there any cutting, because i couldn't get the bulb housing through the plastic cover? HELP!

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
Re: 2008 hayabusa rear fender removal
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:46:07 PM »
very easy.. take 4 bolt out and take off rear mudflap.

i took the rear tail section off and unplugged the rear plate light.(just made it easyier)  and also makes it easier to take the reflector brackets off to use for the rear plate and fener eleminator. Then looks like this.. just bend the brackets out just a bit and tuck under the taillight. drill holes in the center of the bracket so u can center it up. and us the plate holder off of the mudflap.. good luck

2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 01:49:47 AM »
Looks cool! I think I'm gonna do it,  wondering if there are any laws regarding removing the fender? Didn't want anymore reasons to get pulled over! Thanks!!

Offline VegasDude

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 12:45:19 PM »
You'll get pulled over for speeding way before you would with a missing tail flap. If the Police Officers can easily see your plate then your ok.  You might have an issue at night if your license plate light is not working, but I doubt it.......
2008 Busa
2007 Ducati 999S
2006 BMW K1200S

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 12:55:37 PM »
You'll get pulled over for speeding way before you would with a missing tail flap. If the Police Officers can easily see your plate then your ok.  You might have an issue at night if your license plate light is not working, but I doubt it.......

here in ky .. i have never had a problem with police messing with me. the brake and taillight still puts out light and u can see the plate. and on my 2002 you can see the plate as easy just tell that it is one on there cant see expiration date and barely see numbers and cops here have never messed with me and i rode 25000 miles that way.

so just depends on where u live. and how strict the cops are and also how stupid u are acting as well.

if u are really worried about it get the bolts with the lights on them and it will light up the plate another thought if someone is worried about it.

2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 12:30:12 AM »
Thanks for the info. I figure no light could be a problem, but what about no fender? I live in Oregon and its always raining. Is not having a fender gonna throw water out the back? Just a thought, but I'm not gonna worry about it. Years ago I got a ticket in a truck with oversized tires, they said the mud flaps were too small. This is why I wondered.. Hell I should be more worried about 150+ on the highway !! hehe

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
    • ccpowersports
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 09:49:28 AM »
i have never run a mudflap and always get caught in the rain .. the plate will stop some of it like a flap. i have never worried about it.

good luck..zay
2002 black n blue.(sold)