Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 08 ZX-10 vs a bunch of Suzukis  (Read 6609 times)

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
08 ZX-10 vs a bunch of Suzukis
« on: July 31, 2008, 01:39:55 AM »
Had a lot of runs tonight.  First three were against a 2007 GSX-R 750.

Heres a breakdown:

Myself - 2008 ZX-10
Bone ass stock
290lb rider

Travis - 2007 GSX-R 750
Full Akrapovic Exhaust ($2000 worth)
Power Commander 3 - full Custom map
520 conversion with +2 on the rear sprocket
Air filter
TRE
Speedohealer
134rwhp
150lb rider

Out of three we only got one clean run in per say.  He said he didn't hear me honk - which is believable.  It was a 60mph roll on.  Anyways, he said he took off after I did and while I was not pulling away, he said he was not pulling me in.  Basically, had we took off at the same time we would have been side by side.  We ran until 160 or so.

Last runs:

Myself vs:

2006 Busa
Air Filter
Brocks Alienhead full exhaust
PC3
Stretched - probably about 5-6 inches
175lb rider

50 roll.  We were side by side from the start (50) until about 140 or so where he ever so slowly crept out on me.  Side by side for the most part.  When I shut off at 165 he was out maybe 1.5 bikes or so.  He said he started in third gear - which I know is a crock of shit.  He said later in the night he never went wide open - which is also BS.

The 750 is definitely faster than the Busa given the outcome of our races.  ALOT of it is rider talent - the guy on the 750 can ride the wheels off anything.  Not to mention hes like 150 with a cinder block in each hand.

I race for fun only - but I do plan to rematch the Busa given the fact he started in 3rd and never went WOT.  :lol:

A slip-on OR -1 in the front OR a PC3 would take care of him.  All 3 would be ugly.  :bah:

Offline dave3.4

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
Re: 08 ZX-10 vs a bunch of Suzukis
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 04:21:26 AM »
if the 750  is definitely faster then the busa why did the busa win?  Like  you said its a lot to do with the rider but I am pretty sure it'll take that 750 pretty easy with a descent rider.The ten should walk that 750 without any problems but I know you have a "little" more weight then he does. I think with same rider on each bike the ten would probably beat the busa and the 750 will be probably ten bikes behind both of them

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:08:21 AM »
if the 750  is definitely faster then the busa why did the busa win?  Like  you said its a lot to do with the rider but I am pretty sure it'll take that 750 pretty easy with a descent rider.The ten should walk that 750 without any problems but I know you have a "little" more weight then he does. I think with same rider on each bike the ten would probably beat the busa and the 750 will be probably ten bikes behind both of them

Well, the Busa is faster - but not until over 160mph.  Whatever-160mph the 750 stays side by side, then the Busa went to work.

As for me not walking a 750 - like you said, weight is probably the biggest thing.  Not to mention he is nicely modded and can ride the wheels off the thing.

Going into the runs I was expecting to beat the Busa and lose to the 750.  I've seen the 750 pull 04, 05 Gix1k's, CBR 1000s, and even an R1.

To be honest, I would have liked a different outcome, but I can't be upset by any means.  I don't think neither bike will be a problem once I get a few mods of my own.  :twisted:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • Fried Chicken and Gasoline...
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
Did you all start in the exact same gears?  I used to pick on 750's with my 06 FZ1.  And a few Busa's woud leave me by 130mph on that...

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 04:37:23 PM »
there are 2 types of roll on racing, gear for gear starting and then just speed.

The difference is 2 bikes in the same gear at the same speed may be in different parts of the power band. So one would be slower to start, and then stay the same slow down or catch up.

Speed for speed lets the rider his gear so that he is at peak power at a certain speed. If you know your bike well and where its power is vs your speed for each gear then a 750 can beat a Busa to a set speed if the guy on the Busa dont know what he is doing.

I have done it both ways with many bikes against the busa, and Speed for speed is best if you know your bike.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline 06stocker

• Rider
  • Speed Kills
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 05:40:45 PM »
I sure would like to have a shot at that 750!!

Offline bwgath

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 06:24:17 PM »
Interesting topic going on here, I like reading about roll ons  :thumb:

Anyway I own an 08 Busa and have done a few roll ons with my buddies 06 750, regardless of what gear we started in, the ending results were always the same (the 750 being behind me). Though at the lower speeds (80 or under) the 750 would get a pretty good jump on me before I was able to reel him in so to speak. I've never raced a Zx-10 but I'm assuming it would kick the crap out of my bike at all speeds.

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 07:00:06 PM »
If you trusted the guy, you should have asked to swap bikes. It would NOT have been the same result.

290 lbs is a lot to haul (sorry)!! Cut that in half and you would have walked away badly from everything you raced.
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »
290 lbs is a lot to haul (sorry)!! Cut that in half and you would have walked away badly from everything you raced.

Absolutely, I agree.  Thats why I've been telling people that have been busting my balls about NOT walking a nicely modded 750 & busa to fuck off.  :lol:

I mean, my bike is bone ass stock.  Not a single damn mod.  Ok, I lied - I put a Puig windscreen on it!  :lol: :lol:

Once I go -1 in the front, get a slip-on (much less full system), and get a PC3 on there - it will be a whole different story!!!  :twisted:

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 12:50:01 AM »
 :thumb:

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 04:08:23 AM »
there are 2 types of roll on racing, gear for gear starting and then just speed.

And there is both of the above mentioned that occur at the same time.  We usually match speed and gear.  We usually run 60-160 here and e eryone starts in 2nd...
The rider weight will make a diference though for sure...

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »

Absolutely, I agree.  Thats why I've been telling people that have been busting my balls about NOT walking a nicely modded 750 & busa to fuck off.  :lol:

I mean, my bike is bone ass stock.  Not a single damn mod.  Ok, I lied - I put a Puig windscreen on it!  :lol: :lol:

Once I go -1 in the front, get a slip-on (much less full system), and get a PC3 on there - it will be a whole different story!!!  :twisted:

For the races you did and the outcomes you got, you did very damn well. If anyone busts your balls again, tell them "Okay, I got $100 that says I can beat you if we race again. Oh, and by the way, on *this* race, you need to carry a passenger on pillion that's at least 150 lbs!!"
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2008, 03:18:27 PM »
For the races you did and the outcomes you got, you did very damn well. If anyone busts your balls again, tell them "Okay, I got $100 that says I can beat you if we race again. Oh, and by the way, on *this* race, you need to carry a passenger on pillion that's at least 150 lbs!!"

Its not the people I raced that are busting my balls, but rather the magazine racer crowd.  You know, the guys that ride their "super fast" 600s in shorts, wife beater, and Oakleys in lieu of a helmet.  :lol:

Offline BATTMAN

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2008, 06:36:32 PM »
I think you held your own pretty good.  Those liter bikes are nothing to be taken lightly.  The new 750's have more HP than the old gsxr 1100's and just about the same amount as the first generation 1000's.  Ive never done a roll on by matching gears...just matching starting speed.  If you change your rear gear and really start off in the power band, i dont think you will have a problem anymore.

Offline NOMRLZ

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Master
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2008, 06:50:59 PM »
You know, the guys that ride their "super fast" 600s in shorts, wife beater, and Oakleys in lieu of a helmet.  :lol:

hey, that's how i ride   :x

no really, it is   :lol:

Offline bigchief

• Rider
    • C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Picture 004.jpg
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »

Anyway I own an 08 Busa and have done a few roll ons with my buddies 06 750, regardless of what gear we started in, the ending results were always the same (the 750 being behind me). Though at the lower speeds (80 or under) the 750 would get a pretty good jump on me before I was able to reel him in so to speak. I've never raced a Zx-10 but I'm assuming it would kick the crap out of my bike at all speeds.

So you think the 08 zx10 would kick the crap out of your 08 busa hey?  I would like tos ee that race with equal riders. I don't think a guy at 290lb and a guy say 200lb on an 08 busa, I can't really see the 10 doing that  much damage , especially with the zx rider adding 90lb to his bike, i think you are under estimatinig the power of your 08 Busa.  You just have to take advantage of you low RPM torque...

Offline gnd111

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 11:39:32 AM »
Rider makes all the difference.  You guys have to realize that Hemibusa on this board has gone 5.80's ona 08 ZX10R with just gear and a +6 arm.  He also did nearly the same on his 14.  He is lighter than most of us by at least 50lbs but those dam 1000's are very fast in the right hands.  Look at the domination is Super Street at AMA Dragbike with 1000's... :thumb:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 10:49:15 PM »
i beat that exact busa with my wife on my bike,   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  better step your shit up patty boy  :twisted:

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »
i beat that exact busa with my wife on my bike,   :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  better step your shit up patty boy  :twisted:

Yeah, fresh after the piston kit, intake cam, and 45 tooth rear.  Just wait til I'm geared/exhaust/tuned.  :twisted:  1397what? :?:

Offline B Plas

• Legacy Rider
  • Post Whore
  • Why not just tell it the way it is?
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
Rider makes all the difference.  You guys have to realize that Hemibusa on this board has gone 5.80's ona 08 ZX10R with just gear and a +6 arm

:shock:
"A man's gotta know his limitations"

Offline bwgath

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 01:56:34 AM »

So you think the 08 zx10 would kick the crap out of your 08 busa hey?  I would like tos ee that race with equal riders. I don't think a guy at 290lb and a guy say 200lb on an 08 busa, I can't really see the 10 doing that  much damage , especially with the zx rider adding 90lb to his bike, i think you are under estimatinig the power of your 08 Busa.  You just have to take advantage of you low RPM torque...

Well I'm just going by how my GSX-R1000 felt under hard acceleration compared to my 08 Busa. The 1000 just felt much faster. Though like I said I haven't been able to race a 1000 yet to be sure.

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
Update:

I ran the same Busa again last night.  We ran from 60-165.  We were SIDE BY SIDE the entire way.  Words can not describe how close the race was.  I think I may have pulled out on him at 165 but I missed 5th gear.  I have my shift light set low at 12,800 for just that reason (to still hit a gear if I initially miss it).  Shift light came on, I fumbled the gear, I tried again, then I hear the rev limiter.

He asked me what I had changed since last time.  I told him seat time. :lol:

I am EXTREMELY happy with the bike.  I mean, I'm 290lbs on a BONE STOCK bike with only 5 weeks of seat time on it and I'm right there with a Busa with full exhaust, PC3 w/ custom map, air filter, sprockets, etc, and a 60-70lb lighter rider.  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2008, 06:16:37 PM »
sounds like i need to get back out there,  maybe collect on the money that busa rider owes me...