Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Is the clutch cover supposed to be so HOT that it melts your boot??  (Read 3736 times)

Offline sliceman1300

• Rider
Went for a ride today, around 80km city riding 2 up, and noticed the front inside of my right boot was what appeared to be burnt / melted fractionally. The clutch cover paint on the sharp radius rearward appears heat damaged as well. The cover is very hot to touch. Is this normal?? Bike has done only 550Kms. Would it be heat from the fans?

Offline holdontighter

• Post Whore
Re: Is the clutch cover supposed to be so HOT that it melts your boot??
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 02:40:46 AM »
its not to be THAT hot....dont know what it could be making that happen..do you have enough oil?

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:14:05 AM »
post up a couple photos? no way hot air from your radiator fan could do that, how's the bike runnin?
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline Sliceman13

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 05:53:38 PM »
Found the problem for the melted boot, wasn't Busa related thankfully. Was done by another bike of mine and wasn't noticed until I rode the Busa yesterday. The clutch cover is still hot while riding, and paint bubbling on the trailing sharp edge near the frame, but think this was from the factory and not noticed, maybe not related from heat. Oil level is fine.