Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: A B C mode  (Read 41013 times)

Offline backwardcap

• Apprentice Post Whore
A B C mode
« on: August 03, 2008, 07:57:04 AM »
Just out of curiosity. I kn ow  that mode B and C lower the torque what does B bring down to like an 1000 and C like an 750 . I never go out of A so im  just wondering.
backwardcap

Offline BLU88

• Post Master
  • "Ride it hard or dont ride it"
    • ccpowersports
Re: A B C mode
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 08:04:38 AM »
when i had my bike dynod.. in b mode it made 153 hp... and 172 in a mode.
if that helps.
2013  black "throat punch racing"
2008  gray and black. (Sold)
2002 black n blue.(sold)

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:12:08 AM »
how many of you actually use that silly switch? just curious...
Originally Posted by T A WS6 M6 
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline JTCOOL

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 07:30:13 PM »
If anyone buys a busa and uses anything other then A mode, they could of saved a lot of money and just bought a scooter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
I wish it was linked through the ECU so you could load different tunes on the fly.  Instead they make it a lame secondary throttle body controller... :(
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
rain is about the only time I could see useing it, or maybe on some very tight back roads where you could be breaking the back tire loose alot. Other then that the bike only puts out as much power as your right lets it.
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.

Offline BoosaRyder

• Rider
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 05:21:04 PM »
Seems like it would work out nice on the dragstrip, you could launch in a lower hp setting and kick it up.
2000 Red/Gray Hayabusa
2006 Black M109R (sold)
2007 Black ZX-14 Ninja
1999 Red Twin Turbo Corvette

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:36:24 PM »
rain is about the only time I could see useing it, or maybe on some very tight back roads where you could be breaking the back tire loose alot. Other then that the bike only puts out as much power as your right lets it.

yeah that's what i was thinking... if you don't have control over the bike enough to not need that switch then you don't need that bike... yet

EDIT: that's not directed at anyone, just general... If i had one with the switch i'd be asking about it too... and i'd sure be playing with it for a while
The GTO's like a fine woman in a black dress at a fancy party. The WS6 is like the hot chick in the hiked up miniskirt at the nightclub. So what do you want? Refined, or nasty?

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 11:51:46 PM »
The only time I use it is for long trips, c mode seems to help mileage by 2-3 mpg. But I still think its not needed. Sounds hi-tech, but why buy a BUSA if you like less hp.

Offline squirts1

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
really? it helps gas mileage?

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »
Seems like it would work out nice on the dragstrip, you could launch in a lower hp setting and kick it up.

Not so, You can switch from C to B and B to A, but you have to hold the button for a few seconds. If you started in C and wanted to bump it up to B and then A, the race would be over before you got to A. Unless it's a 1 mile drag  :roll: All in all, the 3 different modes is kind of lame. I used C mode the day I picked it up, after that it was all A all the time.

Offline Hayamaniac

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 09:44:27 PM »
I use C mode in heavy rain with a lot of water running on the road, then I switch to A mode as soon as the rain settles down.

Offline zx12-iowa

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2008, 09:35:27 AM »
I do use "C" in the wet.  It eliminates wheel spin and reduces my anxiety when crossing over wet paint....  Probably used iot 4 or 5 times.

Offline serendipity

• New User!
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2008, 08:08:18 AM »

Not so, You can switch from C to B and B to A, but you have to hold the button for a few seconds. If you started in C and wanted to bump it up to B and then A, the race would be over before you got to A. Unless it's a 1 mile drag  :roll: All in all, the 3 different modes is kind of lame. I used C mode the day I picked it up, after that it was all A all the time.

No.  You hold it down for 2 seconds to enable the selector (before you stage), but it's instant to click down once from C and it goes back to A.

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:59 AM »
I've used it twice since i got my bike, wanted to see how much power it took off the bike.  I have never had any problems in the rain, and never took it out of A mode.  the power comes on so smooth you don't really need anything else in the rain. the power is just already so easily controlled in A mode.

thats whats so great about the busa,  its awesome at traveling 180mph, but at the same time its perfectly happy cruising around with your Harley buddy's as well.  It doesn't matter how fast you drive it (or how slow), or how you accelerate, the busa does a great job what ever your riding style is.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 02:39:39 PM »

No.  You hold it down for 2 seconds to enable the selector (before you stage), but it's instant to click down once from C and it goes back to A.

Are you actually saying it's feasible to use A,B,and C while drag racing? That's ridiculous. If you race like that, congratulations! But you're about the only one and I'm sure you're not getting the best possible times you could.

Offline Andrew71787

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:40 PM »
I think it drops way too much horse power off the bike to be used in a drag racing situation.  Its like the bike just got kicked in the nuts when i put it in B mode, and C mode we dont even want to go there

Offline serendipity

• New User!
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 07:51:57 AM »

Are you actually saying it's feasible to use A,B,and C while drag racing? That's ridiculous. If you race like that, congratulations! But you're about the only one and I'm sure you're not getting the best possible times you could.

I didn't say I used it like that for drag racing. I was just pointing out that you're wrong about how it works.

Offline rlbowers3

• Rider
  • DEALS GAP Apr '06
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 02:09:32 PM »
I'm just saying... :lol:

If the switch isn't usefull couldn't it be modded to do something else?  Lights, NOS, maps, etc.?  I know it is hooked to secondary throttle bodies (or so I've read) but, gosh.  It is a switch on the bar.  If it isn't needed get rid of it.  If you can't ditch it use it for something else.

I'm just saying... :D
SFC Bowers
MiTT Advisor to Iraqi Army
MOSUL, IRAQ

Past bikes;
79 Vespa 185, 80 Vespa P200, 82 SECA 550,
85 GS1150ES, 73 CB750, 00 Busa(red),
00 Busa(blu)

Current bikes;
02 XR50, 02 XR100, 06 CRF100, 06 KLX110
Married 15+yrs, 7 kids (all ride

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 05:57:42 PM »

I didn't say I used it like that for drag racing. I was just pointing out that you're wrong about how it works.

i'm not sure i was wrong, i said you have to hold the button for a few seconds, you said 2 seconds. Get your stop watch and let me know who was closer to the exact time.  :lmao:

Offline newbusaguy

• Rider
  • Another day at work!!!
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:50 PM »
Has anyone actually messed with the switch enough to take it off and see if the bike runs w/o out it and use the switch for alt ideas?
It is off topic of it but I just wanna know b/c I am considering buying a new Bursa and I sure as hell dont need a switch to take down the power for me!!!
Shoot straight, never hesitate!
2002 Grey and Silver Busa

Offline Ksana

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 07:57:05 PM »
Since Dynojet has made it possible to switch between maps. Will the A B C mode work with it or against it?
I guess I'm wondering is it programmable?
If it can be adjusted to work with different maps...that would be something.

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 11:51:54 PM »
Good question on the power commander, I think that due to piggy backing the ecu that it would still work. The commander will change it slightly from stock in each mode. I would like to know if someone can conform this. I ordered one for my exhaust. I never even thought about the ABC modes with the commander till you brought it up. Thanks

Offline playtimehayabusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 02:58:10 AM »
has anyone figured this out? individually tuning A B C modes? say one for race gas, one for 91, and one for 87? (or what ever).. power commander allow you to tune each map while selected?
awaiting delivery on my 08 blk/gry

Offline 1Quikshifter

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
 & if you disconnected the switch would it remain in default mode (A) !
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would of made cows out of wood !!

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 01:45:13 PM »

It is programmable - anyhow, the time will tell when we have tuning tools to utilize this. My personal plan is to make the bike running E85 giving more power using A/B/C switch.

Offline playtimehayabusa

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2009, 10:10:51 PM »
E85 would be awesome to play with  :evil:
awaiting delivery on my 08 blk/gry

Offline truekingbusa

• Rider
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »
mode?? what mode?? My busa only run with Wild mode....lol  :vl:

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 12:42:22 AM »

It is programmable - anyhow, the time will tell when we have tuning tools to utilize this. My personal plan is to make the bike running E85 giving more power using A/B/C switch.

I have been wondering this since the first time I saw the A/B/C selector.  So will you be able to setup a pump gas/race gas/E85 tune for each selection using the normal A/B/C switch...?
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline Assassin8

• Apprentice Post Whore
  • Enthusiast
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 10:47:02 PM »
Hey guys, still curious about the modes !! so when you start, there are no modes showing (which I presume is standard mode), is this equivalent to anything ? cheers...

Offline dadofthree

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »
What  :bike:

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2013, 08:47:20 AM »
Lol talk about bronging an old post back... 4 years? Bike always starts in A mode if it was a serious question