Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Need help from the gurus  (Read 2920 times)

Offline jettscott

• Rider
Need help from the gurus
« on: August 14, 2008, 07:24:55 PM »
First off... I'm not a newbie.  I've been on two wheels since I was five, from dirt bikes to street bikes, to (cough) cruisers.  I've been on a 77 Kawi KZ650 for a couple of years now, and before that, some other old bikes that can barely get out of their own way.  Monday I'm going to go pick up my new 08 blue with black wheels 'Busa.

Here's what I need from all you experienced riders.....
EVERYTHING!  Pass on the knowledge, tips, stuff like that.  Anything from the best motor oil to tires, mods, pipes, free mods if there are any, things to look for... you get it.  I'm a mechanic on an oil rig, so turning wrenches is not an issue.  But if you wouldn't mind, help a new owner out.

Thanks.

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
Re: Need help from the gurus
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 04:50:08 PM »
Welcome to the board,you'll find the best advice on everything here. :thumb:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline LaRedd

• Rider
Re: Need help from the gurus
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 06:34:14 PM »
Free fender eliminator............remove the mudflap and use the two reflector brackets to mount the license plate under the tail.  You'll have to drill a hole in each to center it and bend them outward a little to get the angle you want.  Best of all it's free and looks good. :thumb: