Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 08 hayabusa header  (Read 9033 times)

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
08 hayabusa header
« on: August 28, 2008, 03:39:43 AM »
Are the cats on a 08 busa built into the stock header??
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline Bruce Bohannon

• Post Whore
Re: 08 hayabusa header
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 07:42:44 AM »
I think the answer is Yes and/or there are 2 of them somewhere.  Let's see what smart folks reply with.  (Implies I'm NOT.. lol)

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
Yes they are right behind the two collectors, and they appear to be very restrictive. :shock:

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:43:07 PM »
I have just ordered a new yoshi r-77 full system for mine. I read that the stock setup is extremely restrictive and heavy. You can drop 35lbs. with a new single side system, and gain 12+hp also w/powercomander setup. I saw a picture of the honeycomb in the cats and its way tight and flow sucks thru them. They also get real hot too, and this I can feel on the bike.. Would be nice to have a slip on setup to eliminate the cats but they are welded into the header collectors.. So full exhaust is the best solution. How much smog can a 1340 put out anyhow!!

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 01:10:47 PM »
Just curious why did you pick the yosh system?

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:45:42 PM »
that answers my question, i was looking at a racefit growler and Its a slip on system but since the cats are connected to the header then they would still be on the bike. If I didn't have to run the cats I would buy that exhaust. Meanest exhaust i've ever heard
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 02:38:25 AM »
Put an Akro on the pipe rocks,sounds incredible and makes big power,I'm hittin the dyno tomorrow and my friend with a yosh full system is dynoing right after me so we can see same day weather condition comparsons,should be interesting.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 07:47:28 AM »
My bike is on the dyno right now . Should have data in a couple of hours! :thumb:

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »
Well the weather condotions will not be the best today for dynoing with the barometer high and some humidity so I'm not expecting a big number,my main concerned is getting it tuned but it would have been nice to have a nice day,the last couple of days were perfect,go figure.I'll post the numbers later.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 01:32:10 PM »
Just got the call from the dyno tuner 192 rear wheel hp. More info when I pick up the bike and get the charts. :thumb:

Offline hughy454

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 08:04:27 PM »
wow maybe I ordered the wrong system. did you use a power commander and re-map to get that hp? Did your friend do the yoshi system? Maybe I can still change my order, did you get the carbon pipe, and how much did you spend, it is more than the yoshi, if I remember.. Thanks

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2008, 12:38:43 AM »
Just got the call from the dyno tuner 192 rear wheel hp. More info when I pick up the bike and get the charts. :thumb:
Thats a really high HP number. Does your bike and your friends have the exacts same mods with just different exhaust? Even if the dyno is a little happy its still going to be a conclusive test if the bikes are similar in mods with only different exhaust and are run on the dyno the same day. Congrats on looking forward to hearing more info :thumb: :thumb:
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Tuned by "........"

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2008, 04:06:16 AM »
Here's the results of todays dyno session,Akro race carbon fiber single exhaust,my bike rolled in with the ti-Force map as there is no Akro map and made 180 hp,then after messaging the map I picked up substantial gains low,mid and high my bike made 185.5 hp and 107 ft lb of torque,that's alot of torque and I was very happy with the number then my friend put his 08 on the dyno next with a yosh single carbon pipe and made 188 hp and 106 ft lb of torque,I was in disbelief that the yosh put out that kind of hp,even though his bike tickled 106 ft lbs my bike had more torque through out the rev range,but other than that the bike were pretty much identical,I was impressed with the numbers the bikes put out.I would like to thank LEWE JOLLY @ LEWES CYCLE SHOP in MANCHESTER,CT. for doing a very thorough job in tuning both of our bikes,the dude got skills,and he's a good guy to deal with,my bike pulls hard bottom to top,so if you live in the area don't have any reservations about using him,trust me.He has a Eddy current dyno with a Air/Fuel sniffer, which enables you to hold the bike at 10,20,30,ect. percent throttle openings and fine tune the entire rev range A/F ratio,all the numbers were standard numbers with a weather station software correcting the numbers automatically to what your bike would put out at optimum conditions.I never had my bike on a Eddy current dyno before but after watching him tune at every throttle opening I would not use any other type dyno in my opinion,my bike is like a stocker as far as drivability goes.Thanks Lewe for giving me my money's worth.

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2008, 08:21:10 AM »
gip1300 - Overlay you and your friends dyno charts, and my bet would be that the Akro system makes better power across the rpm range. Peak numbers do not always win the race!

Offline moregpz

• Rider
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 08:48:05 AM »
Did both bikes have the 02 sensors disconnected? did both bikes run the same airfilter?

Offline gjp1300

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 12:09:55 PM »
We did overlay the both bikes dyno runs and the Akro is a bit stronger through the rev range and produced more torque,the bikes do have the same airfilters,both O2 sensors were disconnected.One interesting thing I found out was my tack was reading 700 rpm high so I should have been shifting at 11,600 all this time,all my other busas only had tack error of about 400 rpm.My friends busa was just a bit stronger than mine up top not enough to worry me,were gonna do some 2nd gear roll ons tommorrow,the guy riding the other busa is 20lbs lighter than me so that is an advantage.