Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: How do you mount bar end mirrors? Which are the best?  (Read 8350 times)

Offline PJV

• Rider
How do you mount bar end mirrors? Which are the best?
« on: July 28, 2008, 01:03:54 PM »
Looking for some solid bar end mirrors, do you have to remove the internal bar weights to install? thanks

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
Re: How do you mount bar end mirrors? Which are the best?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 01:11:57 PM »
I just ordered a set of oberon bar end mirrors, very nice and sturdy, you must move your grips in a little to mount them to the bars.. then you mount your bar ends back on....they have alot of adjustment...
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 01:16:16 PM »
turbo65 has pictures of them on his bking, just a few post down from this one...the ones I orderd are black...and 75mm in size
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph
Thanks RCC-JE-MTC-Elka-Canadian Mike-Suzuki Canada-Pazzo-Brocks-Hindle-North Bay cycle-Crower Rods

Offline PJV

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
Dont the oberon take the place of the bar end weights?  Also, do they screw into the internals that the bar end wights screw into? without twisting around?

Offline nickelcityracing

• Post Master
    • nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 07:39:20 AM »
the ones I ordered clamp on to the bar..you can buy some that come with new bar ends that incorporate the mirrors, just google them and they all come up...many different ones to choose from....
Trillium Muir  241.3 mph
Jody-242.2 mph

Offline PJV

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »
How can you clamp it on the ride sIde (throttle side)?  No bar to clamp to?  On the ride side are you going to cut the grip?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 09:04:12 AM by PJV »

Offline turbobusa65

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 04:31:28 PM »
Hey nickelcity instead of doing that I found a stainless washer them same size as the barend and it just blended right in. does'nt mess with wour grips at all!!! :thumb:
No computer operating busa freak!

Offline piratediverjefff

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »
Dont the oberon take the place of the bar end weights?  Also, do they screw into the internals that the bar end wights screw into? without twisting around?

When you find out give me a heads up on what size to order.I e-mailed them(Oberon) asking the correct size to fit standard Busa(i have Heli but probably the same)bars(i want to get the bar end combo.)but never heard back from them.

Thanks,
Jeff
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day,light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.