Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 1507 numbers  (Read 53720 times)

Offline R/T

• Rider
  • Where am I?
Re: 1507 numbers
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2009, 07:13:12 PM »
Jonny Hotnuts, you have pm and email
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 07:24:15 PM by R/T »

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »
Let’s say the bore offset is 1/2" when measured from the top of the block (this seems like a lot but just using it as a # and the offset is not done more than what the head could handle or what is common for offset blocks).

I am only curious to know if the offset that a block offset measured .5 at the top of the block and have the bores drilled at an angle so there would be zero offset at the base of the block. This would mean the cylinders were at a slight V (maybe only a few degrees) as apposed to parallel to each other. It is true that the cylinder walls would be thin at the base of the block but for some reason I thought it was the offset and parallel relationship to the crank that made it really hard on bearings. For some reason I got in my head that if they were a few degrees V’ed then it would be easier on the bearings.

If I'm following you correctly I dont see how that would work.....   ????
Jim

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

• Post Whore
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
It looks like to me that the offset bores would change timing a few degrees due to a change in TDC in relation to the bore to crank.

If the motors TDC was at "0" and the bore offset moved two pistons cylinder bores 2 degrees (guess) forward and 2 cylinder 2 degrees back from center the motor would be firing the back cylinders early and the forward cylinders late.

I would think that there would need to be a timing compensation if the bores were moved....or if the cylinders were in a V, TDC would stay the same.

Again I am just thinking this and dont really know if this is valid.
02 BL/BLK
Garrett T28@7psi

Busa pwrd Bonneville car 208 mph+
2X world record holder
NA motor: 1507cc
Fastest 1.5L NA door slammer in the world

Offline gazza414

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2009, 10:55:57 PM »
JHN's...you mean one of these offset blocks?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 Fast Hayabusa N/A 217.443mph so far

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2009, 11:07:08 PM »
nice lookin motor you got there :thumb: I'm in the home stretch of a turbo project but I've always thought built up N/A motors were really cool...just never got a chance to ride one
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline Competition CNC

• Rider
    • CompetitionCNC.com
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2009, 05:46:04 AM »
OK, Now I see what your getting at.  Like the VW  VR6 engine but not that much ov a V?   The head would be a problem.  It would need a new head and block.
Jim