Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: 08 carbon fiber  (Read 16041 times)

Offline FastEddie

• Rider
    • Demon Chronicles
Re: 08 carbon fiber
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 09:48:15 AM »
Charles,

I've been well, thanks for asking. Tinhead was generous enough to lend me the Garfield Busa and the Fizzy last week. I've got the "bug" again and am putting in plans to get another Busa. It may take me a little bit, but I'll get there.

:)

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2008, 04:55:57 PM »
do you want the carbon $580 or the carbon twill $599?  the inners come with the gauge cover also.

How much for the inners and has anyone tried them yet?  They look great but how is the fit and finish in person???

I would go with the Twill but how do they fit?  Do they replace the OEM plastic covers or go over the top?  I thought someone said they only cover the plastic and not replace it???

What kind of fit, warranty, build quality, etc...?  Are they show bike quality that bolt on or are they going to require some tweaking to get them to work...?
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline ACE23

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2008, 05:00:45 PM »
do you want the carbon $580 or the carbon twill $599?  the inners come with the gauge cover also.

How much for the inners and has anyone tried them yet?  They look great but how is the fit and finish in person???

I would go with the Twill but how do they fit?  Do they replace the OEM plastic covers or go over the top?  I thought someone said they only cover the plastic and not replace it??? I am pretty sure the magical racing carbon inner covers replace your stock covers, no covering up with these they are top notch. As far as fit I would feel that they fit identical to stock if not better. Quality is the best there is on the market. Not speaking from owning any just giving an opinion from products I have seen on my friends bike. There are alot of junky carbon out here so I wouldn't think twice about ordering from them they are the best :thumb: :thumb:

What kind of fit, warranty, build quality, etc...?  Are they show bike quality that bolt on or are they going to require some tweaking to get them to work...?
RCC SUPER ULTRA
Race fuel=XXXHP / XXXTQ
93 oct= XXXHP / XXXTQ
Motor by Cooper Performance
Tranny by R&D
Controlled by NLR
Monitored by AEM
Resurrected by Murderedout
Tuned by "........"
=Youtube Interstate Pulls

Offline Got-Busa?

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2008, 05:04:03 PM »
That's what I want to make sure, no low quality junk carbon on my bike let alone something that costs $600 for cosmetic...
CLICK-->  *Got-Busa's "STREET BIKE"-project* <--CLICK
"WILMINGTON MILE" - 212.7 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 1/2 MILE" - 202.566 MPH!
"ARKANSAS 2KM" 232.919 MPH!
THANK YOU SHANE STUBBS @ STPI
"TEXAS MILE" -182.265 MPH stock --204.468 MPH "Brock's Performance" basic mods -- 227.2 MPH "RCC TURBO" low boost/half naked!

Offline FastEddie

• Rider
    • Demon Chronicles
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2008, 05:10:32 PM »
They are full OEM quality replacement pieces.

MR stuff is top quality, as Charles can attest, you won't be disappointed with any of the carbon parts.

Offline speedninja

• Post Whore
  • If you are in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2008, 05:30:30 PM »
I have been looking into these as well. I have found a couple of pics from someone on another site that bought some. I had trouble with the pics copying so here is the link:

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3544&page=2

Not as nice as I thought they would be, but sometimes the "installer" has to tweak stuff a lil to get it right. I still might get a set. We should do a group buy if a few others a serious. It will save us some money....

Offline GSXRN99

• Post Whore
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2008, 08:35:50 PM »
They are full OEM quality replacement pieces.

MR stuff is top quality, as Charles can attest, you won't be disappointed with any of the carbon parts.

Dayum, You a REP or something?

Offline 1362

• Rider
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »

Offline StreetnTrack

• Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2008, 04:34:55 PM »
Let me know if you need some carbon fiber pieces.