Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Re-listing "DaveO" T-shirts for Sale  (Read 6997 times)

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
Re-listing "DaveO" T-shirts for Sale
« on: October 10, 2008, 12:10:12 AM »
Hi,

Still taking orders for T-shirts.  I have 2 designs.

Please feel free to keep ordering.  I am still putting orders in weekly to Bob.  You can't imagine how much the sale of these shirts have helped "The Owen Family"

If you want to order a shirt please add what design # you would like.
Make sure you also include in your paypal payment, size, qty, address, and screen name for cross reference.

Please paypal payment to ksouza26@aol.com

or

mail check to:

Kathy Shimkus
16 R Seymour St
Berkley, Ma 02779

Design #1   Dave's pic on the front (original design)
Design #2   Dave in tuck position with In memory of on left side of shirt

T-shirt price would be the same $20.00 with $10.00 shipping.

Thanks again for all your help.  Everyone in this website is truly amazing and it does not surprise me at all why Dave chose each and everyone of you as a friend!  You are all wonderful people!

Back of shirt

God Bless!

kat
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 08:06:56 PM by DaveOfriend »
REST IN PEACE DAVE O
I WILL MISS YOU TERRIBLY!

Offline Commuta_Busa

• Post Master
Re: "DaveO" T-shirt "New Design"
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 07:40:12 AM »
Hi Kat,

I'll pass along this topic to others so they can respond them selves.  :thumb:
JE, TTS, Carpenter, Yoshimura, Akrapovich, TMH, BDE, APE, FBG, Lee Shierts, Schnitz, Orient Express, Stedman, Street n Track, Tsubaki, Kickstand Racing, Harris, AP Racing, Pro Machining, Spencer Cycles, HEL, NOS, NLR, Big CC Racing, Earl's, Pro-Bolt

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 09:22:32 AM »
While we're driving your shirt guy nuts
1) Do we want to consider a run of the shirts with the thought bubbles added?
(and of course I wore it home & threw it in a ball! lol It's now hanging on the closet while we decide what we're doing! I can take a clear close-up pic & post if desired or mail it back up there)
2) How about sizes other then XL & 2X?

:joker:

Debbie

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
HMMM  Never mind the poor t-shirt guy!!  LOL  My brain is saturated...LOL

OK,  should we post another thread for your t-shirt with a pic to see what the response is?  Maybe that shirt would be the one for Maxton in May seeing Dave won't be there to tell people to "Shut Up and Listen!" We can pretend with our shirts...:O)

Let me know your thoughts.  I love that shirt!

Kathy
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:13:17 PM »
Yeah I like that idea about Maxton Kat. It was a big hit with the Maxton racers since we were so used to hearing it! I'll post a pic to support the discussion & we can think on it.

You da woman punk!  :wink:

Debbie

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 05:22:37 PM »
Sounds good to me!  Glad that we met!  Dave is probably pissed up there that he didn't get to see us in action together!   :D :D :vl:

Kat
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 10:32:35 PM »
Sounds good to me!  Glad that we met!  Dave is probably pissed up there that he didn't get to see us in action together!   :D :D :vl:

Kat

Kat, if it helps I'm sure Dave would be happy if you let me see you two in action together  :vl:

Ok, I like both shirt ideas and think Deb's could be worked on after the other one and still be sold in time to distribute at the first Maxton '09 meet.
Thanks for all your work on this (whether you go further with it or not), you're like our northern Deb... think it's mandated that we adopt you as our ECTA punk now.

BTW, Dave layed some big smiles down on all of us this past weekend... I could feel his grin during the shirt pics being taken at the church and his big smile during the bike procession, but he was radiating some serious warmth during Josh's burnout and Lauren's bike ride for sure... a phenomenal feeling I will never forget.  :thumb:
Todd

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2008, 10:58:26 PM »
I don't know what you're talking about! I swear Mom, I didn't see Josh do a burn out!  :lol: :vl: 8)

It was really awesome to have such a beautiful day on Monday for the procession. I thanked Dave that day for it!  :wink:

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »

Kat

Kat, if it helps I'm sure Dave would be happy if you let me see you two in action together  :vl:

Ok, I like both shirt ideas and think Deb's could be worked on after the other one and still be sold in time to distribute at the first Maxton '09 meet.
Thanks for all your work on this (whether you go further with it or not), you're like our northern Deb... think it's mandated that we adopt you as our ECTA punk now.

BTW, Dave layed some big smiles down on all of us this past weekend... I could feel his grin during the shirt pics being taken at the church and his big smile during the bike procession, but he was radiating some serious warmth during Josh's burnout and Lauren's bike ride for sure... a phenomenal feeling I will never forget.  :thumb:

Todd

Todd,

You are too funny.  It's official, I'm the new "ECTA punk"!  Dave would probably hit you with a lightning bolt if you got to see me and Deb in action before he did....LOL :lmao: :rfl:

As for the shirts, I'm gong to post the new front of the shirt in a bit.  It looks cool.  That way it gives people another option and the shirts keep on rolling out.  I plan on selling these things as long as the orders keep coming in and as long as Bob the T-shirt Guy wants to keep making them.  Deb's shirt I think would be the best for Maxton in May.  Her shirt was an awesome idea and I know those things will sell right off the chart!

Funny thing, when Dave passed, I felt an overwhelming sense of peace.  Now normally when someone passes that I know, I get all creeped out.  It's hard to explain.  It's just how I deal with death.  But Dave was different.  I never got that creepy feelling.  I felt peaceful.  The morning of the funeral my Dave said, "You better dress warm, It's crisp outside!"  When I stepped onto the back deck to let my dog out, The air was cold, but the sun felt like it was beating right on me with it's highest raise.  It was weird.  I knew he was with us and smiling for all his wonderful friends from Maxton and all his wonderful friends from New England are now one!

By the way, what are your plans with the video footage that you took?  I would love a copy!  Out of all the different things that I help put together, whether at my kids school, my own house, christmas parades, this one gave me the most pride.  I hated that it had to be for something like this, but I loved the fact that all of you were so warm and willing to let me in.

God Bless

Your ECTA PUNK
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:27:28 AM by DaveOfriend »
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 10:17:35 PM »
NEW DESIGN FOR FRONT OF SHIRT IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS ONE.

REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »
The air was cold, but the sun felt like it was beating right on me with it's highest raise.  It was weird.  I knew he was with us and smiling for all his wonderful friends from Maxton and all his wonderful friends from New England are now one!

By the way, what are your plans with the video footage that you took?  I would love a copy!  Out of all the different things that I help put together, whether at my kids school, my own house, christmas parades, this one gave me the most pride.  I hated that it had to be for something like this, but I loved the fact that all of you were so warm and willing to let me in.

God Bless

Your ECTA PUNK
I understand exactly how you felt Kat, I've always felt really close to Lauren but that weekend I felt extremely close to her and Josh both... it's something that was meant to be I truly believe that. David will be with many of us for the rest of our lives... and thankfully we all have the things and people he cherished that we can continue to cherish also - his talking through the sunshine will be when we feel and hear him the most. 

Ok the video... I think Dave was messing with all our electrical stuff up to and including that day (suprise!). I've got about 30+ vids of tidbits here and there and some that are tiny small and some well... they aren't what they are supposed to be and what our cmaera has recorded before.... etc, etc.  I think the Harley's in the crowd must have pissed him off - lol, just kidding that was a nice touch as he allowed them to touch him a little last year as well. I think since it's going to take awhile for me to get to these and do something really usefull with them, I'd rather send them to someone that has that and ability (and full fledged willingness) so they can cut and paste and compile this and that from it as they see fit and have an eye for. I only want the finished product before it goes anywhere so i can look at it and get it in Lauren's, Josh's and Jake's hands, then if they are cool with it(no doubt in my mind)  it should get passed around on places like here. lr.com, etc. for all those that couldn't make the funeral.

What I planned on would of been complete and ready for distribution straight off the onboard camera.. but "something" interfered with the main part of the filming and everything before and after was fine though... plus Deb got lots of tidbit footage from her phone camera which can be filler with the pics we have etc.
Lauren and Josh will be getting the uncut footage shortly, so I can copy it all to DVD and send it to you if you want Kat. Then if someone knows anyone that's good putting it together (if there's anything useable) I'll get it in their hands as well.

I have a special piece that was taken at the track by Debbie on my last run that weekend (the last run of the event).. it shows something trully amazing in our eyes... something that I hope we can have everyone see once Lauren does.

All this footage was for everyone to share... just as Dave shared with everyone,
Todd

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »
Todd,

The day that Dave passed, my stereo came on in my house.  It was a song that I had never heard before however, Dave new I loved Rascal Flatts.  The name of the song is, "When the Sand Runs Out!"  I played it for Lauren but haven't yet shared with her how I came across this song.  I was sitting on my cellar floor in complete hysterical tears and it was around 12:45, shortly after I heard, and my Bose system turned on.  I can't explain it because it was weird and everyone else is probably going to think I've lost my mind, but it really happened. 

If you have a chance listen to it.  It is exactly how Dave would have wanted us to think and remember him as.  I wanted Lauren to play it at the Burial, but everything was too hectic and I forgot the CD at home.  You and Deb will understand when you hear it.

As far as the rough video goes, I would love a copy of it after Lauren, Josh, and Jake gets it.  I am pretty handy at videography and I have 2 programs that cut and edit and add music etc....I would love to take a shot at it in my spare time.  It would be a special project to me and I could add it on to a Memorial Website.

Let me know what you think.

Luvs yah,
Kat
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 07:26:11 PM »
wow! You like Rascal Flatts too?  :D

I've always heard that electronics can be/are the thing that spirits can effect in this world. I'm not sure how I feel about all that but I sure see it happening coinsidentally very frequently. Sometimes makes ya wonder.

I've (we've) lost a dear friend and yet there is peace & joy that I've made so many new friends as a result of the one we lost.

Ok, I pulled the lyrics but haven't heard the song... yet.

Deep.

When the Sand Runs Out
I spent the morning at an old friend's grave
Flowers and Amazing Grace, he was a good man
He spent his whole life spinnin' his wheels
Never knowin' how the real thing feels
He never took a chance or took the time to dance
And I stood there thinking as I said goodbye
Today is the first day of the rest of my life

I'm gonna stop lookin' back and start movin' on
And learn how to face my fears
Love with all of my heart, make my mark
I wanna leave something here

Go out on a ledge, with out any net
That's what I'm gonna be about
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out

'Cause people do it everyday
Promise themselves they're gonna change
I've been there, but I'm changin' from the inside out

That was then and this is now
I'm a new man, yeah, I'm a brand new man
And when they carve my stone they'll write these words
"Here lies a man who lived life for all that its worth"

Learn how to face my fears
I wanna leave something here

Go out on a ledge, with out any net
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out, oh yeah

And as a cold wind blows across the graveyard
I think I hear, the voice of my old friend whisper in my ear

Learn how to face my fears
I wanna leave somethin' here
Go out on a ledge, without any net
Yeah I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out
I wanna be runnin'
When the sand runs out
Yes I do

« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:02:09 PM by DahMurf »

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 07:35:32 PM »
For everyone who is wondering about the lyrics above, read them good and understand the words.  This is my very own definition of how Dave would want to be remembered and how he would want us to move on with our lives.

The lyrics are strong and if you have a chance listen to the actual song online

Rascal Flatts "When the sand runs out!"

Here is the youtube link to listen to the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY-P7q89U70&feature=related

Enjoy!!

kat
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:45:13 PM by DaveOfriend »
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 08:39:01 PM »
As far as the rough video goes, I would love a copy of it after Lauren, Josh, and Jake gets it.  I am pretty handy at videography and I have 2 programs that cut and edit and add music etc....I would love to take a shot at it in my spare time.  It would be a special project to me and I could add it on to a Memorial Website.

Let me know what you think.

Luvs yah,
Kat

Can't think of anyone better to do it Kat... will try to get as much as possible together and out to you this weekend.

Here's a little something to help with a smile for those that had a day that sucked or was just "eh" ;-)
http://tinyurl.com/4e8d95
Todd

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
ROFLMAO.......You stink......You really had me going!  Until I showed my Dave and then he smacked me upside the head and called me blonde....LOL    All I'm gonna say is you are so in for it Jackass!!!  Wait till I see you next time..... :stupid: :bxng:

Luv,

Punk
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline DaveOfriend

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 09:08:21 PM »
Can't think of anyone better to do it Kat... will try to get as much as possible together and out to you this weekend.

OK  I will watch for it.

You can send to

Kathy Shimkus
16 R Seymour St
Berkley, MA 02779

Can't wait to start piecing it together!

By the way, check it out, I spelled it right this time!!  LOL

Kat
REST IN PEACE DAVE O

Offline DahMurf

• Post Master
  • 2006 Hayabusa
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 09:36:09 PM »
:rfl:

Ok some of the video was cheesy but the tattoo at the end was the best!  :lol:

Offline narider

• Post Whore
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2008, 09:10:00 PM »
ROFLMAO.......You stink......You really had me going!  Until I showed my Dave and then he smacked me upside the head and called me blonde....LOL    All I'm gonna say is you are so in for it Jackass!!!  Wait till I see you next time..... :stupid: :bxng:

Luv,

Punk

Yeah.. i'm worried about you coming after me :rfl:.. maybe you can ask your Dave for directions since he seems to be the coherent one  :lmao:
(hmmm, bet I pay for that one way or aanother now that I think of it :dh:)

OK  I will watch for it.

Can't wait to start piecing it together!

By the way, check it out, I spelled it right this time!!  LOL

Kat

Good job... you're a peas of work all right.  :wink:

Will get the CD out to you by the weekend... there's no doubt in my mind you'll do it all the justice it deserves :thumb:
Todd