Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Supercharged B.King  (Read 25629 times)

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Supercharged B.King
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:04:11 AM »
Looks like it is going to be a hell of a fun bike.
Intercooled MCXpress 58/12 twin entry power

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »
Once done should bolt on A Busa as well!
2008 Busa

Offline HOS

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 03:31:12 AM »
This bike is in this months UK Superbike magazine if any of you guys get that stateside ?
I have no more sh*ts to give.

Offline Bently1

• Post Master
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »
Thanks HOS I will be making a stop at the book store today, they carry it!
2008 Busa

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 08:48:17 AM »
that has to be a blast to ride!

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »
let me help you with what it looks like now ahead of the magazine

Offline YAG

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 01:28:35 PM »
Looks good... any HP estimates?
Intercooled MCXpress 58/12 twin entry power

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 05:18:09 PM »
Looks good... any HP estimates?
Don't quote me on this but I have worked with superchargers on cars for some time, but I don't think it will make a whole lot more total power than one of Big CCs killer turbo setups, the big differance is when the power comes in, with a turbo you pin the throttle and it takes a couple of seconds or more before you feel any real power with the supercharger you basicly get power when you hit it and lots of it, for drag racing its the nuts, big power right now, but they heat the intake air as fast or faster than a turbo so for LSR stuff you'l still need a intercooler,  going to be one haulin machine when it gets tuned and the bugs worked out
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline busa4speed

• Restricted
  • Post Whore
  • Cincinnati, Zone 15
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »
The only thing I know is that looks sick let us know what it makes when your done and show us the hole bike together.

Offline 1362

• Rider
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »
Looks like it is going to be a hell of a fun bike.
+1

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »
What we are trying to achieve is 250 to 280bhp for 10psi road use.

With the right gearing for race use i hope to see over 400bhp.

Chargers will never be equal to turbo's but the way they put the power down is more controllable & will appeal to a lot of people who want rpm related predictable power delivery rather than load related as in the turbo.

Offline beeJay

• Rider
  • Big CC GSX 1400 turbo
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2009, 08:00:53 AM »
cannot wait ot see the race pulley version se what it does
Hayabusa turbo
Big CC GSX 1400 turbo 412bhp

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2009, 02:41:57 PM »
Looks very nice  :thumb:

Mike
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER
1/8: 5.101s..........1/4: 7.801s
227.7mph Woodbridge/GB 2013

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2009, 04:20:59 PM »
Street pulleys at 10psi....

Offline Richard.

• Rider
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »
As straight as an arrow  :thumb:

....but personally I'd rather have the rush of when the turbo kicks in........................nothin,nothin..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH......sort of....  :duh:
Gsxr 1000 K2 Turbo

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 01:18:23 PM »
I just extended the rpm range with the same pulleys to 11500rpm. It climbs in boost to 12 psi which is still with the right air fuel on the lower compression engine fully street usable.

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 02:14:25 PM »
WOW, thats badass  :shock:

Well done Sean  :thumb:

Mike
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »
Sean, it would seem to be a bit low on torque numbers ?
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 03:54:58 AM »

Correct Dave. They are much lower torque than a turbo. Where a turbo will whoosh to its wastegate pressure or setting & then hold it to the rpm limit the charger is making boost relative only to the rpm of the engine. Example it only sees the 12psi at 11000rpm at 10000 it sees 10psi & 8000 it sees 8 etc.

Mapping has to also take into account that at 10% throttle at 10000rpm unlike a turbo its still making 10psi because its rpm related where a turbo would not be generating boost at such low load. This is both good & bad. Good because you have instant pickup but bad because you will consume more fuel to keep it rich n safe under the boost & also inlet temps are increased.

The Procharger & the Rotrex chargers being gearbox driven impellers make the power completely differantly to the turbo. I personally prefer the  elastic power band of a turbo however the procharger does have strong merits.

Precise throttle controlled power & boost. More control on cornering under boost as its more predictable. On a circuit or hill climb this combo comes into its own & gives the rider much more usability & feel.

Having ridden this bike the best way to describe it is like riding a 2 litre Busa  :thumb:

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 06:39:58 AM »

Correct Dave. They are much lower torque than a turbo. Where a turbo will whoosh to its wastegate pressure or setting & then hold it to the rpm limit the charger is making boost relative only to the rpm of the engine. Example it only sees the 12psi at 11000rpm at 10000 it sees 10psi & 8000 it sees 8 etc.

Mapping has to also take into account that at 10% throttle at 10000rpm unlike a turbo its still making 10psi because its rpm related where a turbo would not be generating boost at such low load. This is both good & bad. Good because you have instant pickup but bad because you will consume more fuel to keep it rich n safe under the boost & also inlet temps are increased.

The Procharger & the Rotrex chargers being gearbox driven impellers make the power completely differantly to the turbo. I personally prefer the  elastic power band of a turbo however the procharger does have strong merits.

Precise throttle controlled power & boost. More control on cornering under boost as its more predictable. On a circuit or hill climb this combo comes into its own & gives the rider much more usability & feel.

Having ridden this bike the best way to describe it is like riding a 2 litre Busa  :thumb:

That would make sense, most of my turbo/blower experiance has ben with drag cars, till I got the Busa and getting out of the cars,( my small block chevy dragster ran 6.20s 220s , blower/alcohol ) , but one thing I remember with the door cars is the blower cars most of the time got down the track better than the turbos, it seemed the blower cars could control the launch a little easyer than the turbos, it was like with a turbo it was all or nothing, does this sound right ?

Offline Big CC Racing

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 10:23:18 AM »
Thgis is one reason im interested in exploring fully the racing application of the Procharger. I believe if 500+ is capable of being made by the larger units at the tyre then the chargers could be in contention against the Turbos in classes like Pro street. 

Offline Mike-Nightrider

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 02:20:41 PM »
I think your blower-bike is easier to handle on the street because of its power development than a 300hp turbo bike.
Dragraceteam NIGHTRIDER

Offline unit176

• Post Whore
  • Bigger is better!
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 10:16:59 AM »
As a B-king owner I am curious...what has been done to the motor aside from the super charger and complimentary plenum???  Also what is the cost of the kit in U.S. dollars, and estimated delivery time once it is ordered???? 

Offline Quijinn

• Universal Post Whore
  • Kawasaki Hahahahahah
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 08:28:55 PM »
I think a nice super charger with around 240-260 hp at the wheels on 93 would be perfect. I love turbo's but the B king would just look so good with a moddified stock exhaust and a SC :)
Hi my name is Mark and I am a Bikeaholic.     Be carefull how fast you race through life, the finish line is death, and the trophy is a headstone.  Our perspective is how we judge our lives, to judge others we need a little change in our perspective.