Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Leathers???  (Read 53420 times)

Offline JP4931

• Rider
Leathers???
« on: October 08, 2008, 03:36:24 PM »
Where is a place to find leathers to fit my big ass?? I am currently wearing size 44 jeans and need some new leathers. I had to sit out this season because i could not wear my MPS leathers and i have the biggest size that they offer. I am hoping that the new Joe Rocket leathers for drag racing will come in big sizes! I hope that Icon decides to make their drag racing leathers also. I am sure that they will offer larger sizes. All of us can not afford or want to put $1200 in custom leathers but if i have to i guess i will. I dont want to sit out another season!!! I know that a diet would be the cheapest way out but also the hardest!!!!!

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
Re: Leathers???
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »
i feel you, i wear 48 inch jeans and cant find and leathers my size, now they will custom make them but to much money, hell i cant find a leather jacket to fit.   :x

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 05:12:04 PM »
I had/have the same problem.  It looks as if I'll end up ordering some custom leathers from Spartan.

http://spartanleathers.com/index.php?main_page=

I sure as hell can't afford the Bates.  :lol: :bah:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 05:31:32 PM »
I had/have the same problem.  It looks as if I'll end up ordering some custom leathers from Spartan.

i checked the site, i like the 1 piece suit, woundering what it would cost for my size.

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 05:39:28 PM »
Custom sizes are $425.  I was told by him after the next shipment they will go up to $475.

Offline NOX

• Rider
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 05:56:02 PM »
syedleathers.com

VERY nice.   They make drag leathers too........

Do a youtube search for wilhite racing, those are the drag leathers.

around 750 retail I think.   any size you need, they do the custom work for AGV actually, and some other companies........
37 Wins
16 Runner Ups.
Sponsored by:
Catalyst Racing Composites
Scorpion Helmets
Steve's Speed Shop
Sign Zone Racing Graphics
Kawasaki Sports Center
Billet Proof Racing
Conway Cycle
Gardner Synthetics (AMSOIL)

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 07:08:20 PM »

i just spoke to dave with spartan, super nice guy, going to be making a 2 piece soon, price is for any size suit, now i like that. i will be getting a suit from them, he will have pics of the 2 piece soon. :thumb:

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »
i just spoke to dave with spartan, super nice guy, going to be making a 2 piece soon, price is for any size suit, now i like that. i will be getting a suit from them, he will have pics of the 2 piece soon. :thumb:

Very cool!  Be sure to post pics when you get yours - I'm spending my leathers money on a Vegas trip.  :lol:

Offline JP4931

• Rider
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 06:37:42 AM »
I like the price of the spartan leathers! Most racers can afford 425 or 475 for leathers...especially in custom sizes :thumb:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »

Very cool!  Be sure to post pics when you get yours - I'm spending my leathers money on a Vegas trip.  :lol:
it will be awhile, trying to start my xmas shopping, three children, means money is alittle tight. :D

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »
I like the price of the spartan leathers! Most racers can afford 425 or 475 for leathers...especially in custom sizes :thumb:
yea and you can get different colors i believe, you can also get your name on them for like 20 dollors more, they come with armor to. :thumb:

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:37:23 PM »
company call komoto.c om make custom leathers for big guys
have to bring a A$$ to whip a A$$!!!!

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 04:39:03 PM »
You could use the hide from one of your fellow fatties to make your own. Judging by the other threads, some of you guys are bigger than cows.  :lol:

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 06:39:55 PM »
You could use the hide from one of your fellow fatties to make your own. Judging by the other threads, some of you guys are bigger than cows.  :lol:
bet you wouldnt say that to any of our faces

Offline Ludicrous Speed

• Post Master
  • Southern IL
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 08:43:11 PM »
I got my Alpine stars from Newenough.com.  They are actually a little big, and I am 6'3" and about 260 in shorts
2009 White/Blue Hayabusa
2004 Busa-Black and Purple  TOTALLED BY INATTENTIVE TEEN DRIVER!
67 Camaro (big tire bracket car)
89 Mustang GT vert

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2008, 10:30:41 PM »

You know, joking is all fun and games until you can't tell if someone is being sarcastic or not.

Offline jimmyt1222

• Rider
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 03:37:27 PM »
bet you wouldnt say that to any of our faces

You bet I would, you would never catch me.

You know, joking is all fun and games until you can't tell if someone is being sarcastic or not.

I was being sarcastic, sorry if it didn't translate well.

Offline XXORCIST

• Rider
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 11:28:08 AM »
www.njkleathers.com  super nice and reasonable.
02-busa-"now turbo"..
boostbysmith-
cycle-tek-
"still low boost baby"
cheesetuned.....da'man!

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 01:52:09 PM »
yep you right I'm 6'5'' and 285 pounds with a 38 in waist and 56 in chest. I only bench a busa on a bad day. wanna play or race little man. Dont matter to me.
have to bring a A$$ to whip a A$$!!!!

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2008, 02:42:13 PM »
yep you right I'm 6'5'' and 285 pounds with a 38 in waist and 56 in chest. I only bench a busa on a bad day. wanna play or race little man. Dont matter to me.
holycrap, you must be a bodybuilder with those measurements  :shock:

Offline bouncer

• Rider
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »
sounds like fastone could almost be my twin... or my brotha from anotha motha

Offline Patrick10R

• Post Whore
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »
Well, Spartan Leathers apparently filled his last order and went up to $475 from $425.  Since its still alot cheaper than anyone else, looks like I'll be going with them still.

Offline jimmygsxr

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 05:51:37 PM »
Has anyone ever tried the MPS leathers? They look ok and at only $349 the price seems good too.
05 blue/silver gen3 pc3r air shifter nos lowered 4" over arm RPM lock up

Offline newbusaguy

• Rider
  • Another day at work!!!
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2008, 05:21:54 AM »
I was always told you get what you pay for in leathers. Now I feel you guys with the not being able to afford $2500 leathers but you have to look at the thickness, quality of leather and kind of leather being used. Just my $.02.
Shoot straight, never hesitate!
2002 Grey and Silver Busa

Offline JP4931

• Rider
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 06:16:14 PM »
I have the MPS leathers. They are made in China and they are what they are....Cheap leathers to get you buy until a good set is in your budget! I am looking at the new Joe Rocket "Pro Street" leathers to replace the MPS ones. Maybe one day i will be able to get the Bates or Vanson leathers and be done as long as i stay the same size...LOL!!!