Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Rule of thumb for racing jockey size racer  (Read 10244 times)

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
Rule of thumb for racing jockey size racer
« on: October 14, 2008, 06:03:10 PM »
1. build a bottom end that will hold some nos or boost
2. If he weight a 100 # less spray a 100 more nos to make the difference
3. you are heavy and need gearing but be careful not to over gear The law of demishing returns will get you
the jockey will run you down on the big end pull gearing until the bike start to slow 60 foot wise. a over geared bike will sixty foot but if you cannot hit the shift points that is fruitless and you lose time on the limiter
4. Nos build a lot of torque so you donot need as much gear. If you over 250 pound and aint spraying better start or get a turbo
5. turbo guys give the horse its head of the line cause you aint gonna run another bike down like you think only got 1000 feet to get that done
6. Make the bike as light as you can and start with yo ass if you can, set up your shock for your weight cause a buse is valve for a 175 pound rider. litz do a grat job on a revalve.
7. get motor worki f you can afford it the best sleeper in racing
8. Compare set up with other big guys that run good because the little guy stuff dont work for us
9. practice seat time is the best power adder you can have
10. keep notes on your passes and focus on cutting a good light and being consistent. I know everyone can race just hope this help someone or give some insight to a good setup
have to bring a A$$ to whip a A$$!!!!

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
Re: Rule of thumb for racing jockey size racer
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 06:42:27 PM »
hell yea lot of good info  :thumb:

Offline Coryonbusa

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 07:01:49 PM »
Thanks! :thumb:

Offline BADBUSA4U

• Post Whore
  • '06 blue/grey
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 09:40:05 PM »
my shock os stock. I weigh 275. Whaat should I do to it?

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »
several companies do a revalve I use Litz the can be found on psychobike mostly.  but a revalve and a spring will be a good start. Be sure to tell the tech what lenght swingarm you have and total rider weight and if you are going to be spraying

Offline wcchampion44

• Apprentice Post Whore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 12:56:13 PM »
Yep power means nothing if your chassis cant handle it.

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2008, 01:03:47 PM »
i have a stock shock, bike is about 68in, rider weight is 350lbs, i just tightened it up, im not havin any problems with it, at least i dont think, when do you know if its not workin?

Offline fastone

• Post Whore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2008, 08:46:27 PM »
when the bike squat hook and go with no wheelspin from pogo going do the track

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 07:28:20 AM »
ok  :thumb: no traction problems really, if i make it pass the 60ft mark without spinning im usually good.

Offline Mospeada

• Post Master
  • Representing San Diego's back roads. Woot!
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 02:19:03 PM »
I'm a medium weight guy (165 lbs), but if there is one thing I noticed from some of the heavy hitters that they don't do, they don't get down.

You may be a big guy, but TUCK dammit and shove that ass back into the hump. (god that sounds really bad)

I see a lot of big guys just sort of lean down, but don't really tuck. Yes, there is room, get down!
Take off like a 13, flick it like a 6

Offline fatnslow

• OFF TOPIC
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 02:46:49 PM »
I'm a medium weight guy (165 lbs), but if there is one thing I noticed from some of the heavy hitters that they don't do, they don't get down.

You may be a big guy, but TUCK dammit and shove that ass back into the hump. (god that sounds really bad)

I see a lot of big guys just sort of lean down, but don't really tuck. Yes, there is room, get down!
im one of them guys sorta, i dont get my full tuck till around 3rd, just not as easy as you think, when i start trying to slide back and get down it upsets the bike cause of my weight, plus that stock tank doesnt help, i have an extra tank i want to get cut down, that will help me alot cause i have a really big stomach.

Offline Pinky

• HO HO
  • Restricted
  • Mad Post Whore
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 04:41:51 PM »

im one of them guys sorta, i dont get my full tuck till around 3rd, just not as easy as you think, when i start trying to slide back and get down it upsets the bike cause of my weight, plus that stock tank doesnt help, i have an extra tank i want to get cut down, that will help me alot cause i have a really big stomach.
when i come get that bike throw the tank in and ill cut the back down at an angle for ya
T70 turbo w/ 60mm wastegate
Megasquirt EFI