Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: FI light  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Streaker00

• Post Master
FI light
« on: June 26, 2008, 05:55:32 AM »
My FI light has been coming on after I ride for a while. It won`t come on  while on the gas but sometimes when getting off the highway or just off the gas. Recall has been done. Bike is totally stock besides being lowered and ST Machine levers. How do you jump the connector to see what the code is?

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
Re: FI light
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:17:45 AM »
Diag plug on right side...pull the cover out and jump the wires and then turn the bike on and give us the code

M

Offline ks-waterbug

• Rider
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 01:12:07 PM »
Lots of 08's are seeing this or similar conditions with the FI light comming on...
Some not all have connector issues (Mine was diagnosed as the secondaries by code) But when we replaced them bam the light came on again! Long story short my bike had some bent pins in the connectors (ECU) that caused this problem... That was 6k miles ago and life has been good ever since.

Offline JohnJ

• Rider
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 03:36:39 PM »
I am starting to get a light every now and then also.  Seemed to start after I accidently hit the engine switch while waving at another biker for waving me by, accidently hit the switch when reaching back to the bar.  I had no trouble finding the plug to jump on my 04 but for the life of me I cant find it on the 08.  tearing it apart now.

Offline Mpeavler

• Rider
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 04:49:52 PM »
Right side while sitting on the bike and it has the dummy plug in it

M

Offline craigster

• Rider
    • Hell Fire Performance
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 09:06:37 PM »
There's 4 wires - what colors are the ones to jump for Dealer Mode?

Yes I've searched - lots of threads with "connector" and dealer mode in them - can't find '08 with colors listed.

Thanks for the help -  I needs this as my 400 mile 08 is flashing FI after warm up and upon deceleration.