Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Flashed my first ECU today (pics inside)  (Read 66432 times)

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
Re: Flashed my first ECU today (pics inside)
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2008, 01:29:58 PM »
WHAT EVER WE DO WITH THIS ECU STUFF WE SHOULD DONATE SOMETHING TO HIS FAMILY...... :thumb:

I think that should be left up to Smith :thumb:

DaveO was gonna reflash and tune my ride the week he got back from Maxton
So I spent 200 on the hardware thru bikeland.info,  and I bought a used laptop running XP cause it is the most tested with this stuff

I was gonna offer reflashing since there was a HUGE hole left when dave passed. While I was getting my stuff together to reflash , Busa2001 offered to reflash and donate the proceeds to Dave's family......I forgot about offering it, Cause I suddenly felt like a dick, Busa2001 is a better man then me,

So smithabusa can handle your reflashing needs
Busa2001 can also
as can I             

three options
it is up to you

my offer was for anyone that was in contact with Dave that never got their ECU flash, to donate the entire cost to the family fun then send me the ECU to be flash to their specification, they would pay shipping both ways. i don't and won't go beyond that point. i do this as a hobby for my own personal satisfaction.
what i want to see is everyone being able to do this for them self, Petrik,myself, stocker, and a few other's will be able to provide tech support for the new guys just getting started, one of the neat feature of ECU EDITOR is the MAP SHARE where when you share your maps it increase your user level. we hope to have enough people flashing that this data base will have a maps for practically any setup...like Petrik i have no commercial interest in this.  :thumb:  don't want anyone to take my earlier statement the wrong way..i know what Dave put into this stuff and don't want us to forget about his hard work... :thumb:   

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2008, 04:21:53 PM »
WHAT EVER WE DO WITH THIS ECU STUFF WE SHOULD DONATE SOMETHING TO HIS FAMILY...... :thumb:

I think that should be left up to Smith :thumb:

DaveO was gonna reflash and tune my ride the week he got back from Maxton
So I spent 200 on the hardware thru bikeland.info,  and I bought a used laptop running XP cause it is the most tested with this stuff

I was gonna offer reflashing since there was a HUGE hole left when dave passed. While I was getting my stuff together to reflash , Busa2001 offered to reflash and donate the proceeds to Dave's family......I forgot about offering it, Cause I suddenly felt like a dick, Busa2001 is a better man then me,

So smithabusa can handle your reflashing needs
Busa2001 can also
as can I             

three options
it is up to you

my offer was for anyone that was in contact with Dave that never got their ECU flash, to donate the entire cost to the family fun then send me the ECU to be flash to their specification, they would pay shipping both ways. i don't and won't go beyond that point. i do this as a hobby for my own personal satisfaction.
what i want to see is everyone being able to do this for them self, Petrik,myself, stocker, and a few other's will be able to provide tech support for the new guys just getting started, one of the neat feature of ECU EDITOR is the MAP SHARE where when you share your maps it increase your user level. we hope to have enough people flashing that this data base will have a maps for practically any setup...like Petrik i have no commercial interest in this.  :thumb:  don't want anyone to take my earlier statement the wrong way..i know what Dave put into this stuff and don't want us to forget about his hard work... :thumb:   
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: just ask!
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline fvance

• Legacy Rider
  • Mad Post Whore
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2008, 09:03:10 PM »
I am about to start on my own ecu flashing, and I appreciate all that you guys have done and are doing. DaveO did my ext rev limit and removal of speed limit. Thanks to him, Petrik, and some of you other guys an OF, thats old fart, like me who is somewhat technology challenged I should be able to do this. Thanks DaveO and the rest of you that make all of this possible.  Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE
VANCE & FORSTALL RACING
Top Speed 235 mph
HP by Carpenter & Johnny Cheese  Engine by Knecum
SponsersCATALYST COMPOSITES,JOHNNY CHEESE,KNECUM RACING ENGINES,MURRAY EXHAUST,CARPENTER RACING

Offline NLR-power and control

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 08:20:46 AM »
id like to start offering turbo kits for the street and utilize this instead of secondary fuel injection and all that other stuff. This is the only way Ill do street kits and all the maps would be available to all the tuners that use this. There are a few things that need to be addressed in the ecu for me to be able to use this completely.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
id like to start offering turbo kits for the street and utilize this instead of secondary fuel injection and all that other stuff. This is the only way Ill do street kits and all the maps would be available to all the tuners that use this. There are a few things that need to be addressed in the ecu for me to be able to use this completely.

cool stuff Sebbie  :thumb:
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »
i was chatting with DaveO 2 weeks or so before the accident concerning this.
 :(

so my bike can be reflashed and i can get rid of the powercommander?
if so who around me can do this (dyno session and tune)?  middle tennessee area.
i dont mind traveling either...

Offline busa2001

• Mad Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2008, 10:54:19 AM »

if so who around me can do this (dyno session and tune)?  middle tennessee area.

we are trying to get every one who wants to do this up to speed, it's relatively easy using Petrik's ECU EDITOR romraider is a lot more complex and easier to make mistakes and the definition files are no longer updated or supported, but with some patient and practice you be ok, I'm fairly sure that Soon their will be a tuner close by for you to have it done. in the mean time if you want to learn how to flash it for yourself get the necessary hardware and we'll get you going...any questions you have just ask. :thumb: once you get started you won't believe how easy it is... :lol:

Offline lowrider99

• Rider
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 07:42:37 PM »
Greg said:
.. was thinking if i was going to sell them in the $100-$125 range and some of that will go to the DaveO fund."

Are you ready to sell your first one?
I am ready to buy one!

Joe
lowrider99

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »
Greg said:
.. was thinking if i was going to sell them in the $100-$125 range and some of that will go to the DaveO fund."

Are you ready to sell your first one?
I am ready to buy one!

Joe
lowrider99

not yet, i still need to get the ecu pins, i had some here for my bike but they are already installed, Seb has some i am going to get off him.  I am also working on a printed circuit board for this so no jumper wires inside etc.

Greg
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Stocker64

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 09:25:30 PM »

we are trying to get every one who wants to do this up to speed, it's relatively easy using Petrik's ECU EDITOR romraider is a lot more complex and easier to make mistakes and the definition files are no longer updated or supported, but with some patient and practice you be ok, I'm fairly sure that Soon their will be a tuner close by for you to have it done. in the mean time if you want to learn how to flash it for yourself get the necessary hardware and we'll get you going...any questions you have just ask. :thumb: once you get started you won't believe how easy it is... :lol:
JUST ASK,YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW EASY IT IS :thumb: :thumb:ECUEDITOR IS THE WAY TO GO
09 BUSA, PROBLEMCHILD II.... tuned with the factory ecu by ME!! thanks PETRIK, ridgeracer,and SMITHBUSA. ...  "FAMILY FIRST"...

Offline busa2r

• Rider
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2008, 05:42:23 AM »
LMK Greg i will buy 1

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2008, 11:36:36 AM »
I worked up a quick printed circuit board to make wiring easy, will have a 6 pin molex panel connector soldered on the far end, should make for a clean install

Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline oberon

• Rider
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2008, 12:19:03 PM »
So the center pin outs are for the two LED's?

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2008, 01:41:43 PM »
yes the tri color leds that i have yep  :thumb:

they aren't neccessary, just adds some pizazze to it LOL
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline oberon

• Rider
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2008, 01:49:16 PM »
Me likey too.

I think I'll build a hardened one and put it up for auction for DaveO's family.

Grease, water, impact proof.  Looks like a fun project.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20:13 PM »
Me likey too.

hardened one?
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »
Me likey too.

hardened one?

Grease, water, impact proof.

Like "Army Proof"  Or in our case....."Engineer Proof"
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 02:28:47 PM »
Me likey too.

:thumb:
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline oberon

• Rider
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 02:43:11 PM »
I guess army proof.

You know, dropped on the floor into a bucket of water that fell of a 3 story building proof,  :D maybe.  :wink:

Now if you put it into a frydaddy along side the french fries, well, it would have to be alot bigger.  (it's a time + temp thing) I should have specified what temp that grease would be :rfl:

Room temp would be good!

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 02:50:58 PM »
I guess army proof.

You know, dropped on the floor into a bucket of water that fell of a 3 story building proof,  :D maybe.  :wink:

Now if you put it into a frydaddy along side the french fries, well, it would have to be alot bigger.  (it's a time + temp thing) I should have specified what temp that grease would be :rfl:

Room temp would be good!

LOL  :lol:  :thumb:  :P
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline Pete

• Post Master
  • a.k.a 'Geri'
    • Pete's turbo build
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 05:02:07 PM »
Damn Greg I have just bought a little box last week, an 0-1-0 switch and I have the pins and the FDT interface. Can I get that circuit-board off you and a couple of LED's? Got Paypal.

Offline smithabusa

• Boost By Smith
  • Site Supporter
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Boost By Smith
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 06:14:57 PM »
Damn Greg I have just bought a little box last week, an 0-1-0 switch and I have the pins and the FDT interface. Can I get that circuit-board off you and a couple of LED's? Got Paypal.

once i get them and make sure they work sure no problem...shipping will suck for price im sure but we can hook it up :)
Official Site Supporter

www.boostbysmith.com

Offline oberon

• Rider
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 09:18:22 PM »
Am I right in thinking you're going to use a 3pdt on-off-mom switch on that PCB?  :?

If so, or not, what is it and where can I get one!  :D

Also, what PCB designer are you using. I've seen a few open source ones that will work on my Linux box at home and am thinking of using them, but I'm not sure about it yet. Don't want to shoot myself in the foot before I even start.  :lol: