Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: my reflash dock is running!!!  (Read 17094 times)

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
Re: my reflash dock is running!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
Nice to know the gen1 owners get a head start on this style of tuning. :D

Yes - I am hearing rumours that K8 owners are changing back to K2-K7 bikes only because they want to have an edge like this. This is a funny world...

Offline Shamrock

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
    • Shamrock Racing
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 04:37:37 PM »
Pertik,
     If you ever find yourself in jail and looking for Bail money, be sure to hit up myself and the rest of the community. We will get you out.  :lol:   
Thanks again for all of your work.
 :thumb: :thumb:

or in the states and out of dollars at the strip club  :P

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 12:01:52 AM »
so far no more than 30 seconds to flash

Do you have any special settings on your USB COM port to acheive this 30 second flash? Mine used to be 180 sec, I have gotten it to 169 seconds by tweaking the com port latency speed.

That seems to be hardware dependent that your laptop or pc has. Besides latency I have not managed to get it lower without getting a new hardware for USB.

Would be interesting to know what kind of computer mike is runnig. In the local dyno shop there is an extra usb2 card and exteral usb hub and we get 30sec flash times. On my laptop its the same 169s. This speed difference is something not yet fully understood and requires more investigation. If you use an old style programmer for serial port only then you get 48sec, but loose the data monitoring capability. Been in tourch with FTDI, but they can not help it much either.

Offline Busa Quick

• Post Master
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 01:13:38 AM »
Pertik,
     If you ever find yourself in jail and looking for Bail money, be sure to hit up myself and the rest of the community. We will get you out.  :lol:   
Thanks again for all of your work.
 :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for your support - even though I really hope that it never comes to that for any of us.

Just out of curiosity - does anyone know if there is more to what is written on this story:
http://www.activeboard.com/forum.spark?forumID=99460&p=3&topicID=18013038
I mean according to that dynoing a bike with an extension module is a violation to emission laws ? Is it really so in USA ?

Here you go...   http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/casesett/dynojet.htm

Black and Purple 04, MY MODS: Turbo, .08 spacer, s2000 injectors, yosh cams 7.2 spring, heavy clutch springs, APE valve springs, raised rev limiter to 11,500 rpm with ignition cut only, using only stock ECM with Petrik reprogramming method,

Offline PetriK

• ECU Guru
  • Post Master
  • Where am I?
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 08:36:37 AM »
Just for clarity (to answer a couple of questions pm:d) - the instructions posted above are valid only for using ECUeditor http://busaecu.redirectme.net.

For dynoing with ECUeditor you need a cable with Engine Data monitoring wire. A discussion how to build such a cable is found here:
http://www.suzukihayabusa.org/forum/index.php?topic=134112
A cable without engine data monitoring is no good for dynoing process desrcibed above. You can reflash limiters though, but  things like adding a shifter, changing shifter kill times, using flapper control valve for nitrous solenoid with TPS>85% you can not do with a reflashing only cable.

As background information I tried e.g. Romraider for that but its way too clumsy for any proper dynoing. Also tried ECUflash software but never got to write proper definitions for it.

Offline Draco1340

• Rider
  • Where am I?
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2008, 09:42:58 AM »
When I finally get on my hands one spare K8-K9 busa ecu for diving into it, I hope that all this will become possible for K8-K9 owners too.

This is great.  I have been monitoring the work you (and previously Dave) had done, and waiting for the GenII solution.  Let us know when you have this working!
I know I can do this.  I saw it done in a cartoon once.

Offline gixer

• Rider
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2012, 08:07:04 AM »
Sorry about the maybe stupid question :-)

How do you know that the information I have written has changed in the ECU?
 for example, I tried to set at 4000 RPM., But no editor dopšta so low RPM ?
 Thanks