Haybusa Parts and Service Member Support

Author Topic: Can someone please explain...  (Read 20298 times)

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
Re: Can someone please explain...
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2008, 04:59:50 PM »
How can you expect Richard to fix Stedman's problem?

Its RCCs FMU....Stedman just sells them with their kits.

So if he doesn't take care of it to your satisfaction are you going to keep complaining up the supply chain until someone does?  :roll:

Good luck with that

Considering I have been dealing with Stedman directly for 3 months and never once called or complained to RCC I think I have been very patient. This is RCC's FMU so what else should I do? I guarantee if you were in my shoes you would be doing the same thing So STFU.

2003 Turbo Busa with a few mods
2013 BMW S1000RR HP4 Competition # 1273
2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »

So if he doesn't take care of it to your satisfaction are you going to keep complaining up the supply chain until someone does?  :roll:

Good luck with that

Considering I have been dealing with Stedman directly for 3 months and never once called or complained to RCC I think I have been very patient. This is RCC's FMU so what else should I do? I guarantee if you were in my shoes you would be doing the same thing So STFU.

Bit of unasked for advice here:

Take the FMU and rebuild it yourself, or buy another one and after you rebuild this one you can either keep it as a spare or sell to get some money back.  Do not tell members here that are trying to help you to STFU or you will soon find yourself without any assistance from those few people that are in a position to try to help out a fellow "member" here.

Richard may not be able to charge enough to "rebuild" the FMU to justify his time especially when he did not sell it to you and you have made some unflattering remarks about either he or his business.

Now what ya going to do?

John
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline sportbikeryder

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »
Gee....another "Stedman wrote a check with RCC's name on it that Jay couldn't cash" story...where have I heard that before?
Any day on a motorcycle like this that ends just needing parts and labor is a good day.
4.82, 158.67mph 1/8th mile 7.350, 200.32mph 1/4 mile Riding

4.392, 176.79mph 1/8th mile  6.610, 228.15mph 1/4 mile Tuning

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »
We can rebuild it if you send it here, we can have it out and back to you the day after we reicieve it. We do not sell rebuild kits as I personally like to see what the actual problem was or is with the FMU and if I rebuild it I know it was done properly. It takes the end user out of the equation, I sent a new FMU out to a board member a few months ago, as a replacement be cause they thought it was a problem, I knew it wasn't but sent one anyways, turns out it was cam timing, The FMU was fine, feel free to send it back and I will tell you what is wrong with it and why, then I will send it back repaired,

Richard

Offline Jailer

• Post Whore
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 05:24:08 PM »
I guarantee if you were in my shoes you would be doing the same thing So STFU.

Not a chance.

Just what exactly do you think Richard has to do with this? He supplied parts to Stedman. That's it. He didn't make the part. It not marketed as his part. He makes no claim or guarantee on the part. He didn't even sell the parts to you Stedman did. Your issue is with Stedman. If Jay can't or won't take care of it then you need to go to the manufacturer for support to get it fixed. After that if you feel the need to pursue the matter for some sort of compensation you need to pursue that with Stedman.

Man next thing you know, you'll be going after the UPS driver because he's the one that dropped it off at your door.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 05:26:30 PM by Jailer »

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2008, 05:24:22 PM »
We can rebuild it if you send it here, we can have it out and back to you the day after we reicieve it. We do not sell rebuild kits as I personally like to see what the actual problem was or is with the FMU and if I rebuild it I know it was done properly. It takes the end user out of the equation, I sent a new FMU out to a board member a few months ago, as a replacement be cause they thought it was a problem, I knew it wasn't but sent one anyways, turns out it was cam timing, The FMU was fine, feel free to send it back and I will tell you what is wrong with it and why, then I will send it back repaired,

Richard

Done!

Thanks Richard, I will get it out to you shortly.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 05:26:29 PM »

Not a chance.

Just what exactly do you think Richard has to do with this? He supplied parts to Stedman. That's it. He didn't make the parts. They are not marketed as his parts. He makes no claim or guarantee on the parts. He didn't even sell the parts to you Stedman did. Your issue is with Stedman. If Jay can't or won't take care of it then you need to go to the manufacturer for support to get it fixed. After that if you feel the need to pursue the matter for some sort of compensation you need to pursue that with Stedman.

Man next thing you know, you'll be going after the UPS driver because he's the one that dropped it off at your door.

We do actually manufacture our FMUs and we do warranty them in our kits, we just do not sell rebuild kits, and now that I know you need it repaired feel free to send it back,

Richard

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 05:27:08 PM »

Richard
5280, you really cannot ask for rmore than that, unless you want to do it yourself
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline Jailer

• Post Whore
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »

Richard

Done!

You should be quite thankful that you still got great service even after calling him out in public on a message board for a problem he had nothing to do with.

I don't know how you do it Richard.

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 05:31:38 PM »

Good luck with that

Bit of unasked for advice here:

Take the FMU and rebuild it yourself, or buy another one and after you rebuild this one you can either keep it as a spare or sell to get some money back.  Do not tell members here that are trying to help you to STFU or you will soon find yourself without any assistance from those few people that are in a position to try to help out a fellow "member" here.

Richard may not be able to charge enough to "rebuild" the FMU to justify his time especially when he did not sell it to you and you have made some unflattering remarks about either he or his business.

Now what ya going to do?

John

John, this wasn't directed at Richard or anyone else other than Jailer who had to make a point to chime in and make a comment about "complaining up the supply chain." It didnt help or provide any useful information to resolve my situation so hence my response.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline Jailer

• Post Whore
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »

John, this wasn't directed at Richard or anyone else other than Jailer who had to make a point to chime in and make a comment about "complaining up the supply chain." It didnt help or provide any useful information to resolve my situation so hence my response.

And I was trying to make the point that you were barking up the wrong tree by calling Richard out for a problem with Stedman. Obviously it struck a nerve with you.

Sorry if I come across a bit harsh, but I sometimes forget that a lot of people are much more sensitive than I am.

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 05:38:29 PM »

Richard

Done!

You should be quite thankful that you still got great service even after calling him out in public on a message board for a problem he had nothing to do with.

I don't know how you do it Richard.

Not to keep this going more than it needs to since Richard agreed to fix it...I called Stedman out first and only mentioned RCC because Stedman was telling me he was waiting on RCC to send the rebuild kit....that's all I had to go on. And as you can read above, RCC IS the manufacturer of the FMU so I did go up the chain to the source. I do admit that I should chosen my words better since it was Stedman, not Richard, who caused the problems.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline 2wicked

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • RCC Turbos
    • RCCTURBOS
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
When you return it please make sure to value the package under $20 and let the shipping company know it is a warranty return product and not a sale, otherwise we will inccur brokerage and duties on a part we are not purchasing. The repair and return shipping should be under $50

Richard

Offline ADMIN

• Administrator
  • Post Master
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 05:52:38 PM »
  :thumb:
Closed course. Professional rider. Do not attempt.

Still privately owned and operated by Hayabusa owner enthusiasts. 2002, small  a/a kit, CF body

If it's in a truck or trailer, it's being stolen

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
When you return it please make sure to value the package under $20 and let the shipping company know it is a warranty return product and not a sale, otherwise we will inccur brokerage and duties on a part we are not purchasing. The repair and return shipping should be under $50

Richard
Richard it must be real nice to live up there, cause it looks like doing business can be a pain in the ass, and your doing 5280 right :thumb:
The older you get do you notice you start chickening out way before the bike does

Offline 5280 Busa

• Post Whore
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 06:28:14 PM »

Richard

yep, got it. Thanks again.

2012 CLS 63 tuned

Offline jdcfrank

• OFF TOPIC
  • Mad Post Whore
  • NJ
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 06:37:51 PM »
Richard is a hell of a guy to deal with. Need more sponsors like him.  :thumb:
1981 Camaro Z28
1994 Harley-Davidson Sportster
1985 Buick T-Type
2016 Yamaha R1
1988 Corvette
Replacment: 2011 Hayabusa
Stolen: 2004 Hayabusa LE Turbo

Offline SPARKY1397R

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 06:38:00 PM »
very nice of you richard,   :thumb:

Offline BH1

• Rider
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
What the hell is going on over there?  First Jay is hiding TheMotorThief at this shop and I catch him in a dyno video, then Jay denies it, then Jay admits it, then Jay is blaming shit on Richard and not producing parts......  there is a pattern here.  Get it together man.

And as I have said a bunch of times before...  Richard is an island of integrity in a sea of shitheads.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 08:11:28 PM by BH1 »

Offline grecco

• Universal Post Whore
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2008, 08:55:07 PM »
Wow.

what the hell has happened in the busa turbo world?

regardless,

i have never dealt with richard/rcc but if i ever need help, that seem to be the
correct direction to go.
you are a helluva guy there, richard.
damn good guy for what youre doing for 5280.

And as I have said a bunch of times before...  Richard is an island of integrity in a sea of shitheads.

very well said, BH1.

Offline SPEED KING

• Post Apocalyptic Whore
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 09:50:51 PM »

Not a chance.

Just what exactly do you think Richard has to do with this? He supplied parts to Stedman. That's it. He didn't make the parts. They are not marketed as his parts. He makes no claim or guarantee on the parts. He didn't even sell the parts to you Stedman did. Your issue is with Stedman. If Jay can't or won't take care of it then you need to go to the manufacturer for support to get it fixed. After that if you feel the need to pursue the matter for some sort of compensation you need to pursue that with Stedman.

We do actually manufacture our FMUs and we do warranty them in our kits, we just do not sell rebuild kits, and now that I know you need it repaired feel free to send it back,

Richard

Richard,

I was not aware that you make the FMU kit's however Jay should not push the blame to you either way...
First sidecar over 200mph @ 218+ also the fastest ever record!
Fastest Open bike over a mile from 2005-2008 @ 259.393
Fastest NAKED record El Mirage @ 240+ come get some!
Fastest bike ever at ELMO 240.197  "NAKED BABY"
Congrats to Richard Assen 260.7

Offline Rocketgeezer

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »
Seems like it would have better all the way around if Jay had gotten a kit and just sent it to him? I mean for no more than it cost, and avoided all this crap, unless the Begi rebuild kit will not work with RCCs FMU?  Richard will the Begi parts work in your FMU? or are they differant?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:08:22 PM by Dave.C »

Offline TrickTom1

• HOT ROD
  • Site Donor
  • Post Apocalyptic Whore
  • In God We Trust
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 05:30:24 AM »
I see a pattern here, well 2, one good and one bad  :idea:

Offline ZX-ALAN

• OFF TOPIC
  • Universal Post Whore
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 08:18:53 AM »
Stedman strikes again.... :roll:

He is quick to take your money and don't hear shit from him slightly there after.  All about the quick sale with no customer service. :x
2000 turbo-busa, RCC Stg 2 intercooled, 319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@28lbs
Texas Mile March 09, 225.906 mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14lbs

2013 BMW S1000rr, Brocks CT exh, 185hp

Offline Cloud

• Post Whore
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2008, 09:35:29 AM »
Why in the hell would you buy from stedman in the first place is what I want to know when you know you could have bought it from Richard? That was your first mistake.

Give me a call Scott when you get the chance; be nice to catch up and see what's up.

Maurice
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 09:44:03 AM by Cloud »